As predicted, Rask chokes. I hope they don't resign the worlds greatest choker.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: As predicted, Rask chokes. I hope they don't resign the worlds greatest choker.

Yep, Thomas sure was clutch when his team scored 4+ for him. No need to bring up the fact he gave up 5 goals 4 times in the semis because he won a game 7 right? 

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: As predicted, Rask chokes. I hope they don't resign the worlds greatest choker.

Thomas managed 1 win against the Habs when his team scored less than 4 goals.

1 win against Philadelphia when the team scored less than 4.

1 win against T bay when the team scored less than 4.

0 wins in the Finals when the team scored less than 4. 

Rask won 3 games against NY with 3 or fewer goals of support. 

He won 3 times against Pitt (most potent offense in 30 years) under the same circumstances. 

He won both against the Hawks under those circumstances. 

So in closing, you guys are saying the team is responsible for Rask's wins but TT was responsible for his wins? 

-Gerry Dee

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Again, I'm not here to knock TT.

But Rask was just as good.  He matched the outstanding performance of TT in 2011.

So instead of just blaming Rask like a simpleton (not shupe, but some here), you look at what else was different between 2011 and 2013.

3.4 goals scored per game vs. 2.4 -- a big difference.   An extra goal per game and the Bruins sweep Chicago this year.  Rask would get the Conn Smythe too, with those numbers.

Or compare the performance of Luongo to Crawford.  A massive difference.

It's totally disingenuous to say that TT was good enough to win a Cup and Rask wasn't when you peel back the onion a little and look at the variables.  TT and Rask don't play in a vacuum for our comparison, and the differences in the variables are signifcant.  Obviously significant.  You just have to look.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

He won 3 times against Pitt (most potent offense in 30 years) under the same circumstances. 

So in closing, you guys are saying the team is responsible for Rask's wins but TT was responsible for his wins? 

-Gerry Dee

Well said.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yep, Thomas sure was clutch when his team scored 4+ for him. No need to bring up the fact he gave up 5 goals 4 times in the semis because he won a game 7 right? 

-Gerry Dee

Stanley cup finals.  Here are some stats

gm 1. 1-0 loss.  No goal support. Scored with 18 seconds left.  33 saves

gm 2. 3-2 otl. 31 saves

gm 3. 8-1 win. 40 saves

gm 4. 4-0 win 38 saves

gm 5. 1-0 37 saves

gm 6. 5-2 win 38 saves.  

gm 7. 4-0 s/o.  Outshot 37-21

so. Yes tt had more goal support at home.  He also didnt lose a 6-5 ot loss at home.  

In the first 3 rd games 2 goals in one game.  Um. Ya think rask had no scoring?   And in the game 7 they get 3 after being badly outshot.  Almost double.  

Yes. He won 2 game 7s.  In shutout fashion.  Thats all that matters.  Why?  Bc he won the games that matter the most.  rask has not done this.  he has not won a playoff mvp.  He has not won a vezina.  "if" "if" "if". If i made more money i would be able to retire.

Rask was given more then enough goal support to win 3 games he lost in the final.  game 1.  game 4.  And game 6.  He lost 2 gms at home.  TT lost 0.  He was down twice 2-0 in a series and the scf when they were wrote off.  Rask performance in the finals no where even close to TT.  Cherry on top once again is lord stanley.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

Well said.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure TT's cult members will have no problems ignoring these facts though Fletch because it doesn't jive with the legend they have created. Meanwhile, Rask is a "choker" because he couldn't match the 16 wins total with significantly less goal support. No wonder Shupe told me stats are for losers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

Well said.

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure TT's cult members will have no problems ignoring these facts though Fletch because it doesn't jive with the legend they have created. Meanwhile, Rask is a "choker" because he couldn't match the 16 wins total with significantly less goal support. No wonder Shupe told me stats are for losers.

Rask had enough and more goal support in his losses.  TT had 2 goals for in 3 losses  Im not saying rask is a choker either.  I think hes an elite goalie.  I think if he plays better we win the cup. But i dont think he choked either.  Van scored 8 goals in 7 games.  Van had 2 so's in boston losses. They were outshot in all but one game.   Yes TT had 17 goals in home wins he didnt need that many as he let 3 goals in at home.  The sick stat is TT let 5 goals in 4 road games. Rask had one home win in 3 games.  

The rask cult needs more bullets in its guns.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Rask

Game 7-v. Philly, 2010, 3-0 lead after 1 period, lost in regulation, 4-3
    Game 7-v. Toronto, 2013, trailed 4-1, B's rally to save the season, win 5-4 in OT
    Game 6-v. Chicago, 2013, 2-1 lead at the 58 minute mark, lose 3-2 in regulation

allows 11 goals in 3 game 7s

Thomas

Game 7-v. Carolina, 2009, loses 3-2 in OT
    Game 7-v. Montreal, 2011, wins 4-3 in OT
    Game 7-v. Tampa, 2011, wins 1-0
    Game 7-v. Vancouver, 2011, wins 4-0
    Game 7-v. Washington, 2012, loses 2-1 in OT

allows 7 goals in 5 games 7s

You do the math on clutch

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

you can use stats dez, but don't pretend that Thomas wasn't terrific in basically every big game he ever played as B, or game 7s in particular.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

As for support in game 7s, Rask had 3,5,2 for 10 in 3
    As for support in game 7s, Thomas had 12 in 5, who had more support?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

gm 2. 3-2 otl. 31 saves

gm 3. 8-1 win. 40 saves

gm 4. 4-0 win 38 saves

gm 5. 1-0 37 saves

gm 6. 5-2 win 38 saves.  

so. Yes tt had more goal support at home.  He also didnt lose a 6-5 ot loss at home.  

In the first 3 rd games 2 goals in one game.  Um. Ya think rask had no scoring?   And in the game 7 they get 3 after being badly outshot.  Almost double.  

Yes. He won 2 game 7s.  In shutout fashion.  Thats all that matters.  Why?  Bc he won the games that matter the most.  rask has not done this.  he has not won a playoff mvp.  He has not won a vezina.  "if" "if" "if". If i made more money i would be able to retire.

Rask was given more then enough goal support to win 3 games he lost in the final.  game 1.  game 4.  And game 6.  He lost 2 gms at home.  TT lost 0.  He was down twice 2-0 in a series and the scf when they were wrote off.  Rask performance in the finals no where even close to TT.  Cherry on top once again is lord stanley.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey Shupe, it's a team sport no matter who's at what position. Thomas benefited from a better offense. That is fact. Blaming Rask for his team's lack of scoring is weak. What.........Thomas won when his team scored 4+ goals............you don't say? Dismiss stats all you'd like but Rask just beat Tt's record performance that you keep harping on(stats be damned). He didn't have a record for getting 16 wins, he had it for his other goaltending numbers which Rask improved upon. You're holding Rask up to an impossibly high standard if the 16 wins is all that matters. Seriously, would you want to start the playoffs next year with Fleury or Niemi or Ward instead of Rask? Get back to me on that if the 16 wins is the cement wall debate ender.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Rask had better numbers in 22 games, and that's consistency. Thomas was and is a better clutch goalie in what I view as clutch games. That's not a ridiculous statement either. It's backed by facts.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Rask was responsible for ONLY the first Hawks goal.  The others were the result of horrible defense in front and in back of him.  Talk to people like Lucic (2nd goal) and the WHOLE team on the third goal.  There is suppose to be five guys supporting Rask - where were they?

Now, talk about the Bruins offense or better said the lack thereof...  Where were the expected goal "scorers"...  Answer!  Missing once again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

However, to be clear, I want Rask resigned, he's one of the best 3 goalies on the planet with Quick and Lundquist, and he was terrific for most of the 2013 playoffs. To also be clear, Thomas quit on the B's in my opinion, and that's on him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I've put forth all the facts that are necessary for my argument and the rebuttals simply drive at what I already know -- TT was great in 2013.  There isn't one hint of a rebuttal to the fact  that Rask would have won a Cup this year with the same goal support TT got in 2011.  Probably because that rebuttal can't be made.

Alternatively the rebuttals are falling back (figuratively and literally) on repeating "TT won a Cup, Rask didn't" which we all know.  Keep it simple, I guess. 

I don't wish to go in circles any longer.  Perhaps the comparison of the 2011 semis vs. the 2013 semis would help (Rask 2 goals against vs. Pittsburgh; TT 21 goals against vs. Tampa), but I suspect it will fall on deaf ears...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

When you get down to it, it is a team game, but that's what makes 11 all the more remarkable for Thomas. He did not have as consistent a defense at knocking away rebounds than Rask did, at least right up through Game 3 of the 13 Finals. Then it became almost too unbearable to watch some of our best defenders having just terrible time--Seidenberg and Chara.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

Well said.

[/QUOTE]

Rask had enough and more goal support in his losses.  TT had 2 goals for in 3 losses  Im not saying rask is a choker either.  I think hes an elite goalie.  I think if he plays better we win the cup. But i dont think he choked either.  Van scored 8 goals in 7 games.  Van had 2 so's in boston losses. They were outshot in all but one game.   Yes TT had 17 goals in home wins he didnt need that many as he let 3 goals in at home.  The sick stat is TT let 5 goals in 4 road games. Rask had one home win in 3 games.  

The rask cult needs more bullets in its guns.  

[/QUOTE]

Shupe, as Fletch mentioned earlier, I don't categorize you among the cult. You bring more to the table than just rah rah rah. I also wasn't trying to imply that you called him a choker either but you must admit that's what it says in the cult's first newsletter. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Fletch, in game 7, how many goals did TT allow v. Tampa? It's significant, it was the game of the series. he didn't wilt, and it's not fair that Tampa's goalie lost (I know who it is, and he played a great game too, but I forgot his name..:-). We remember who wins, not who loses.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dannycater's comment:

When you get down to it, it is a team game, but that's what makes 11 all the more remarkable for Thomas. He did not have as consistent a defense at knocking away rebounds than Rask did, at least right up through Game 3 of the 13 Finals. Then it became almost too unbearable to watch some of our best defenders having just terrible time--Seidenberg and Chara.

Surely you can't suggest that Rask got better D in front of him than Thomas had in 2011? Chara and Seidenberg were rock solid in 2011. This year they appeared to be ailing. That's how I remember it anyway. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Rask

Game 7-v. Philly, 2010, 3-0 lead after 1 period, lost in regulation, 4-3
    Game 7-v. Toronto, 2013, trailed 4-1, B's rally to save the season, win 5-4 in OT
    Game 6-v. Chicago, 2013, 2-1 lead at the 58 minute mark, lose 3-2 in regulation

allows 11 goals in 3 game 7s

Thomas

Game 7-v. Carolina, 2009, loses 3-2 in OT
    Game 7-v. Montreal, 2011, wins 4-3 in OT
    Game 7-v. Tampa, 2011, wins 1-0
    Game 7-v. Vancouver, 2011, wins 4-0
    Game 7-v. Washington, 2012, loses 2-1 in OT

allows 7 goals in 5 games 7s

You do the math on clutch

danny, being clutch also involves not going to a game 7 every series.  Like say against Pittsburgh this year, the Cup favorite.  Four game sweep.  Two goals against.  Two shutouts.  Is that clutch?

Whereas, you give credit (as do I) to Thomas for the game 7 shutout against Tampa.  But Thomas gave up 5 goals in four separate games in that series which is why it went to seven.  So is redeeming yourself in game 7 more clutch than shuting the best offense in hockey down for 4 straight?

I would say Rask was more clutch against Pittsburgh than TT was against Tampa, but your 'game 7 only' model would ignore that.

It's complicated.  Lots of variables here.  That's my point.

Thomas = Outstanding, Cup worthy.  Rask = outstanding, Cup worthy.

But everything else was not the same.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Fletch, in game 7, how many goals did TT allow v. Tampa? It's significant, it was the game of the series. he didn't wilt, and it's not fair that Tampa's goalie lost (I know who it is, and he played a great game too, but I forgot his name..:-). We remember who wins, not who loses.

They were only in game 7 because he couldn't shut the door earlier. 4 times he gave up 5 goals. If Rask did that we'd never hear the end of it. Instead, he threw up a wall against the most potent offense the league had seen in 30 years. Again, if a Cup ends all debate then you must be hoping PC can find some way to acquire Fleury because by that logic, he’s clearly better than Rask. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

gm 2. 3-2 otl. 31 saves

gm 3. 8-1 win. 40 saves

gm 4. 4-0 win 38 saves

gm 5. 1-0 37 saves

gm 6. 5-2 win 38 saves.  

[/QUOTE]

Hey Shupe, it's a team sport no matter who's at what position. Thomas benefited from a better offense. That is fact. Blaming Rask for his team's lack of scoring is weak. What.........Thomas won when his team scored 4+ goals............you don't say? Dismiss stats all you'd like but Rask just beat Tt's record performance that you keep harping on(stats be damned). He didn't have a record for getting 16 wins, he had it for his other goaltending numbers which Rask improved upon. You're holding Rask up to an impossibly high standard if the 16 wins is all that matters. Seriously, would you want to start the playoffs next year with Fleury or Niemi or Ward instead of Rask? Get back to me on that if the 16 wins is the cement wall debate ender.

[/QUOTE]

Rask had a better team which was more experienced.  If we graded on a curve bc of a couple lopsided home grades we would all be A students.  Tt did not need 8 goals.  They didnt win 8-7.  They won 8-1. After a scoreless first. Rask was given enough support in his losses And blew 2 3 period leads.  Guess how many third period leads tt gave up?  i keep saying TT has a better stanley cup finals(if i didnt thats what i meant). Thats the record he held.  i think quick topped it as you mentioned.  rask let 6 in one game at home.  Tt let 8 in 7 games.   

you are hanging your hat on goals scored.  I will hang my hat on a cup win.  Bc no one will remember rask didnt get enough support.  What rask will be remembered by most(not me bc i do know a little about hockey) is that he blew a 3-0 lead which is the worse goalie stat you would ever want, people will also remember that he blew a 3-1 game one third period lead, a 6-5 home loss in a coffin nail game and a 70 second collapse when up 2-1 to force a game 7.  i will use "if" bc its fun.   "If" rask wins one of those 3 games we are in a game 7.  If he wins 2 he has a cup ring.  Fact, he didnt. Fact tt did

Win and lose as a team.   Bang on.  TT has the w. Rask has the L.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Dez, on Seidy/Chara, I agree that those 2 in particular were better overall in 11, but not the other 4 defensemen, not by a long shot. Much better from d-men 3-6, especially Boychuk and Krug (moving the puck and getting it out of danger). But I do agree that Seidy/Chara ailed, more so Seidenberg, he was incredible and got the jacket I think in Game 3, then I think he grew tired. Chara got very tired in this series, but he was never better than v. Pittsburgh in my opinion.

On the Fletch comments about Pittsburgh series, I already have several times said it's the greatest playoff series ever by a B's goalie (at least in my lifetime). As for how things get to be a Game 7, that's also a team aspect, a team problem. However, to discount Thomas allowing 7 goals in 5 game 7s is really showing contempt for him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

If you choose to compare, it's very difficult to simply pretend Rask is better than Thomas in big games. It's not true, at least not yet. Not in the biggest games of the season.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

They were only in game 7 because he couldn't shut the door earlier. 4 times he gave up 5 goals. If Rask did that we'd never hear the end of it. Instead, he threw up a wall against the most potent offense the league had seen in 30 years. Again, if a Cup ends all debate then you must be hoping PC can find some way to acquire Fleury because by that logic, he’s clearly better than Rask. 

[/QUOTE]

Shutting the door earlier is great.  Rask didnt do this when it mattered most! Win game 1 bc we had a 2 goal lead.  Win game 4 bc you were given 5 goals and you are at home.  Win game 6 where you just had to be ok bc the bruins were dominant. 2 leads blown and a chicago team with cup in our rink.   Rask blew leads and you likely wont here the end of that until he wins.  Bc no one will care that he was amazing against pitt.  The nyi beat a pitt team in 93.  Just as potent.  That team lost to montreal.  Not many care about that.  They remember montreal winning the cup.  

Dez, we are singles champions like no other.  Best 1on1 guy in this league.  Much respect.  Gotta go pretend i care at work.  No late digs while im gone.  Cheers.  And i hope rask gets the deal he wants bc i do believe he will get us one next year.