At the Begining of the Season...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

At the Begining of the Season...

If you were told that the Bruins would lose to the Washington Capitals in OT in the closest series in NHL history, would you think that the Bruins had a good (while not championship) season? Most likely, because most of you and most hockey writers and "experts" had the Capitals pegged as conference winners and Stanley Cup champs.  You would have expected the teams to meet in the Conference Final, not the first round, but you would have thought that the Bruins gave it a good effort against a more talented team.

I say this because somewhere along the course of the season people lost respect for the Capitals. They fired there coach. Ovechkin slumped. Backstrom was injured. But before all of that people believed them to be very talented. They are talented. They also bought into defensive hockey. The Bruins lost to a good team. They could have beaten them with better health, some luck bounces and if the refs called some more interference/sticking calls, but Washington is a better team than their record.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: At the Begining of the Season...

good post. there is absolutely no shame in losing four games by a total of four goals. the series was so close, it was going to be determined by whoever got the big break. they got it, they won. anyone who has followed the nhl for the past 5 or 6 years knows the caps are really good. lots of talent. no one on the planet would have guessed they'd play the style they did, and do it so effectively. to me seedings are meaningless, they only determine where the games are being played. to be honest, it was the most difficult series i've ever watched. at no point was there time to breathe. i'm glad it's over, just wish the last bounce went the b's way. it didn't.... oh well, five months until the start of another long journey.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Good opening post. It took the Caps about 2 years to change their style of play. They look like a legitimate playoff team now.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

When I heard that they got Vokoun I was worried. Then when their goalies  started to stink out the joint I was thinking YES, we'll toast 'em in the playoffs. When they learned how to play defense- it was like that part in the movie: oh oh, Happy learned how to putt. I was hoping that if the B's beat them a couple of times that they would abandon the coach's instructions and open it up- then the B's would smoke 'em. Get healthy and get after it next year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I still think the Bruins are a much more talented team top to bottom but the Caps deserved to win. They took care of the Bruins in their home barn three out of four times and won a game in which their 2nd best player did not even play. Congrats, now go beat the tar out of NY or Philly.

Sections
Shortcuts