At what point will the season be cancelled?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

At what point will the season be cancelled?

What would the drop dead date be?

Has it been stated anywhere?

What's the minimum number of games you can have to determine who can make the playoffs?

I guess it's a moot point because the season is most likely done.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: At what point will the season be cancelled?

Buttman said it has to be a 48 game season minimum, they need a deal within a week i would say or it's good bye to this season.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Last time they didn't pull the plug until Feb. 16.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oh, just remembered, this year because of the court challenge last time around the Cup trustees need to know before the end of January if it's going ahead or not in order to have time to arrange an alternative Cup competition/tournament/whatever. Even without the NHL thanks to the Canadian court system we may still have a Stanley Cup final. What that could look like, I have no clue.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Shawn Horcoff just said that the reason they are voting to dissolve the union is because the union  has done all it can for the players. What a farce, how about negotiate ? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I had heard they would need to come to an agreement in early to mid January and that is about the cut-off to get in a 48ish game "season".  That was what happened in the 94-95 season. The season actually started on January 20th and they got in 48 games, all intra-conference. I would think it's the same now unless they would go with less games or have the finals in July, neither of which are very good options. I'm afraid this season is toast.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I had heard they would need to come to an agreement in early to mid January and that is about the cut-off to get in a 48ish game "season".  That was what happened in the 94-95 season. The season actually started on January 20th and they got in 48 games, all intra-conference. I would think it's the same now unless they would go with less games or have the finals in July, neither of which are very good options. I'm afraid this season is toast.

[/QUOTE]

Me as well. If both sides knew all along that it would come to this to get a deal done, then why not cut the crap and make a deal. I don't see how this helps at all, both sides are losing tons of money over contract length and the length of the CBA ? Yikes, what a bunch of morons.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to xdrive's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Buttman said it has to be a 48 game season minimum, they need a deal within a week i would say or it's good bye to this season.

[/QUOTE]

Buttman, lol! I wonder how many times he was called that as a kid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think if there's no deal in place by Jan, 3 with the league starting 7 days later. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

At this stage I'd just like my season ticket money back and couldn't care less if they play at all this season. I think it's criminal that these owners have other people's money held up during these difficult economic times and show no regard for having fans in this position.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to ROWDYRODRUST's comment:
    [QUOTE]

At this stage I'd just like my season ticket money back and couldn't care less if they play at all this season. I think it's criminal that these owners have other people's money held up during these difficult economic times and show no regard for having fans in this position.

[/QUOTE]

Its crazy makes me want to take a swing at Jacobs then there is a couple goons on this board that defend the owners. If they only knew what it meant to tie a good portion of your salary into the organization to only be held hostage. Anyways next season ill be a casual fan and just watch on tv  just like almost all the people on this board. Hopefully there will be a lot of people dropping their season tickets so Jacobs that fraud will lose a couple bucks for being a knucklehead.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

They should just put us out of our misery and cancel the season.

Saddens me that our great game is in the hands of such incompetent fools (on both sides!!)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to heyoo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Its crazy makes me want to take a swing at Jacobs then there is a couple goons on this board that defend the owners. If they only knew what it meant to tie a good portion of your salary into the organization to only be held hostage. Anyways next season ill be a casual fan and just watch on tv  just like almost all the people on this board. Hopefully there will be a lot of people dropping their season tickets so Jacobs that fraud will lose a couple bucks for being a knucklehead.

[/QUOTE]

This must be hard considering you're unemployed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Reading all of the commentary it surely appears that Fehr thought that his reputation alone would "scare" the owners. Not so. In addition, it also appears that Fehr's advice to the players is filled with misconceptions. Who will file anti-trust suits for ths players ? Their Agents ? Some, probably most, Agents negotiate with realistic expectations, this situation is a far cry from reality thanks to Fehr.

For those who attack Bettman, just re-read the comments from the owners who participated in the most recent "amicable" discussions. They are ALL amazed that the latest owner approved proposal was not acceptable. Bettman merely represents the owners decisions.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Reading all of the commentary it surely appears that Fehr thought that his reputation alone would "scare" the owners. Not so. In addition, it also appears that Fehr's advice to the players is filled with misconceptions. Who will file anti-trust suits for ths players ? Their Agents ? Some, probably most, Agents negotiate with realistic expectations, this situation is a far cry from reality thanks to Fehr.

For those who attack Bettman, just re-read the comments from the owners who participated in the most recent "amicable" discussions. They are ALL amazed that the latest owner approved proposal was not acceptable. Bettman merely represents the owners decisions.

[/QUOTE]

I feel like a magician. I mention your name a few days ago, how you've taken a sabbitical and voila, here you are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

If it gets cancelled, does anybody know what happens with the draft in NJ?

Full on lottery or what.... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What else in the world would you expect them to say?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Sorry SteveGM, the owners who took part are, as advertized in many commentaries, friendly toward the players, and more than a little interested in solving the problem. They "thought" they had reached an agreement, particularly on three specific issues, which, they were told, by the players in attendance, were acceptable. The players were taking this tentative agreement back to the NHLPA [ meaning Fehr] for legal [ meaning all players] to approve and proceed. Obviously Fehr decided, once again, to squeeze the rock and incorporate his changes. The Owners, not Bettman except as a spokesman, withdrew their "positive" proposal. This is now all about Fehr's ego, and not the well being of 750 plus players.

Yes Chowda, I thought I would wait a while.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am an ex-GM in the nhl though,  so i have spare cash laying around. Anyways almost 4 grand of my money in someone elses bank account, when i am not getting the product i paid for is fairly frustrating. Enough for me to become a causal fan like yourself...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am an ex-GM in the nhl though,  so i have spare cash laying around. Anyways almost 4 grand of my money in someone elses bank account, when i am not getting the product i paid for is fairly frustrating. Enough for me to become a causal fan like yourself...

[/QUOTE]

How I long for the day to be a "real" Bruins fan like yourself.............then I could have reliable sources that work for the Bruins as you do. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

Sorry SteveGM, the owners who took part are, as advertized in many commentaries, friendly toward the players, and more than a little interested in solving the problem. They "thought" they had reached an agreement, particularly on three specific issues, which, they were told, by the players in attendance, were acceptable. The players were taking this tentative agreement back to the NHLPA [ meaning Fehr] for legal [ meaning all players] to approve and proceed. Obviously Fehr decided, once again, to squeeze the rock and incorporate his changes. The Owners, not Bettman except as a spokesman, withdrew their "positive" proposal. This is now all about Fehr's ego, and not the well being of 750 plus players.

[/QUOTE]

Of course they're interested in solving the problem.  Don't you think many of the players are too?  What's Fehr got to gain by taking this thing into infinity?  Both sides are squeezing the rock....that's what happens in these kind of negotiations.  Every time, in every business.

Your position that this is "all about" anyones ego, is clutching onto the absolute lowest common denominator...when you have of thousands of insightful articles at your disposal.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

How I long for the day to be a "real" Bruins fan like yourself.............then I could have reliable sources that work for the Bruins as you do. 

[/QUOTE]

Get a better job work really hard and some day son you will get there. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of course they're interested in solving the problem.  Don't you think many of the players are too?  What's Fehr got to gain by taking this thing into infinity?  Both sides are squeezing the rock....that's what happens in these kind of negotiations.  Every time, in every business.

Your position that this is "all about" anyones ego, is clutching onto the absolute lowest common denominator...when you have of thousands of insightful articles at your disposal.

[/QUOTE]

Back off, Steve.  Bogie doesn't get into any of this sort of stuff like the rest of us.  He's been a B's fan since the 50's and comes by with a few ideas. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

On the flip side, what does he lose by not ?