Attention Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Attention Tonight

I just want to know, how much attention will you be paying tonight to the Red Sox /Bruins Games?

I will be paying close attention to the Sox and flipping to the Bruins during commercials.  I occasionally watch Bruins beyond the commercial break usually in association with Special Teams play.

I would say I will be 85% Sox / 15% Bruins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Attention Tonight

Bruins from 20:00-0:00, Sox at Intermission; Repeat; Bruins to Final; Sox.

If I time it right, and get lucky with commercial breaks and pitching changes etc., I might get to see three guys bat!! 

Truth be told, I'll keep an eye on the situation as the game unfolds.  If it's Sox in the lead after 6, the ratio might switch depending on what's happening in the Bruins game and what kind of game it is - sloppy snoozer, I might decide to watch the last few innings of baseball for the year.  If it's Cards in the lead, I probably don't care to watch the last few outs unless there's drama.

I'm an NL guy, always have been, but the Cards are the baseball team I hate the way I hate the Shabs, so go Sox.  If you could make David Freese look like a jacka-- some more, I'd appreciate that, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Sox will be on TV since it's an NBCS game. Will have to find a live stream online. I'll be mainly focused on the Bruins game, with the Sox getting my attention during intermissions. Baseball is pretty boring compared to hockey, at least the Bruins game will be over for the last couple innings.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

It's funny that the Celtics also open their season tonight. I wonder who will actually be watching that. Bleh, the NBA is brutal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

The NBA is terible and as a sports fan I have been hearing rumors that half the NBA may be intentionally tanking this season anyways.  It seems the Celtics are one of the teams whose motives are being questioned.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Will tivo both but will be paying the Sox more attention tonight.  

I'm 10 times the Bruins fan than I am a Sox fan, but it is a potential clinching game of the World Series, in Fenway Park...something none of us have ever seen.  Should be a fun night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Who are the Celtics?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who are the Celtics?

[/QUOTE]

Lacrosse?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Depends if the Cards make a game of it, otherwise the Bruins.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Sox 100%. DVR-ing the Bruins gm tonight.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

Will tivo both but will be paying the Sox more attention tonight.  

I'm 10 times the Bruins fan than I am a Sox fan, but it is a potential clinching game of the World Series, in Fenway Park...something none of us have ever seen.  Should be a fun night.

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you Fletch, but the B's get my attention until the latter innings. I want to see the Sox win at home live! It'll be special if they can pull it off. Go Red Sox! Go Bruins!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Not a Red Sox fan or a huge baseball fan for that matter, so will be watching the B's, they always come first. If the ballgame is close in the latter innings i will likely tune in or check it out between periods. Its always neat to see a camera closeup of the moon or a pitchers nose hairs! Those tv cameras are amazing!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PIP - Sox on the little box, until the top of the order comes up and Jonny Gomes, Bruins on the main screen. Man I love this electronics stuff!

PS. Danny Ainge is going to have his head in his hands all season LoL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

100% Bruins, flipping over to Sox during commercial breaks. It's tough going from hockey to baseball, such a difference in speed. Commercial breaks for Bruins sometimes equals 4 pitches by the pitcher who takes too long.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

I will have the luxury of keeping my eye on both as I will be heading to a sports bar where both games will be on.  I have to admit the Sox get most of the attention tonight. Not really happy both games start at the same time though. Hopefully when Bruins-Pens is over there will still be a few innings left.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

100% Bruins, flipping over to Sox during commercial breaks. It's tough going from hockey to baseball, such a difference in speed. Commercial breaks for Bruins sometimes equals 4 pitches by the pitcher who takes too long.

[/QUOTE]

This is so true.  When you're used to watching hockey all the time, it is just staggering trying to pay attention to an entire baseball game.  This is a once in a lifetime kinda game for Red Sox fans, but I don't doubt I'll choose to the Bruins often during the relentless delays for spitting, ball-itching, pitching changes, stare-downs, and the insufferable Tim McCarver banter that fills those gaps.  I don't have the attention span for it.  Reminds me of trying to read The Leviathan in 9th grade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

zero. i pulled for the pirates and tigers, and they were the only two teams i cared to watch. sox and cards have both won multiple times recently, wanted to see new blood. my baseball season ended with my beloved orioles completely imploding(maybe another reason i'm not that into it). 100% BRUIN TIME BABY!!!! GO B'S!!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Red Sox between periods and after the Bruins finish up the Pengies.

As a native Mass type I have to catch a potentially historic moment.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Pretty much all Bruins but I'll check in on the Cards 'n Sox from time to time.  A Bruin win  = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgDrJ5Z2rKw

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

This is so true.  When you're used to watching hockey all the time, it is just staggering trying to pay attention to an entire baseball game.  This is a once in a lifetime kinda game for Red Sox fans, but I don't doubt I'll choose to the Bruins often during the relentless delays for spitting, ball-itching, pitching changes, stare-downs, and the insufferable Tim McCarver banter that fills those gaps.  I don't have the attention span for it.  Reminds me of trying to read The Leviathan in 9th grade.

[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth but he's almost music to my ears compared to Rick Sutcliffe, the guy never and i means never shuts up, never. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Not a baseball fan. GO BRUINS!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UtahBruin. Show UtahBruin's posts

Not a big baseball fan. It was ok to play but brutal to watch.

Bruins til after the game and then I may catch the last few innings since it may be the clinching game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Not even a peek at the boreball game. Overpaid wussbags. Silently routing for the Sox since they are the team that is ahead in the series as of tonight. I always pull for whatever team is leading the series no matter what teams are playing. The quicker the series -- the faster baseball season is OVER.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to zamboni24's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not even a peek at the boreball game. Overpaid wussbags. Silently routing for the Sox since they are the team that is ahead in the series as of tonight. I always pull for whatever team is leading the series no matter what teams are playing. The quicker the series -- the faster baseball season is OVER.

[/QUOTE]

I like your honesty zam but baseball players aren't the only ones overpaid. Every pro athlete in the big 4 is overpaid and yes that includes NHL players. 

Sections
Shortcuts