ATTN Chiarelli: Who is our next "scorer"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: ATTN Chiarelli: Who is our next "scorer"

In Response to Re: ATTN Chiarelli: Who is our next "scorer":
    [QUOTE]Seguin  lol!  can you just imagine if Seguin becomes a top scorer?   two scenerios would come to exist. 1) he demands his just pay.  which ofcourse would result in him being gone as cheakskate bruins would not pay him for his worth 2) he gets tired of playing for a team he knows he'll never be able to win a cup with! it's the old " he didn't want to play here scenerio"
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]

spring training has started.  you can put on your pink hat and leave now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin  lol!  can you just imagine if Seguin becomes a top scorer?   two scenerios would come to exist. 1) he demands his just pay.  which ofcourse would result in him being gone as cheakskate bruins would not pay him for his worth 2) he gets tired of playing for a team he knows he'll never be able to win a cup with! it's the old " he didn't want to play here scenerio"
    Posted by TheRealHomer[/QUOTE]
    Have you figured out a way that PC can spend beyond the cap?If you have,I'm all ears.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Nathan Horton has been a disappointment. There's no 2 ways about it.

As for the future, Seguin is going to score goals in the NHL. And as much as the guy has bugged me for YEARS and I hate to be typing this, Brad Marchand will put up goals in the NHL, too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to ATTN Chiarelli: Who is our next "scorer" : Nathan Horton not a scorer ?????????  This is his 6th 20 goals ++ consecutive season ...what more do you want ???   Are you n drugs ...Horton has already 20 goals and this will probably be his worst season of his young carreer ....will you stop whining about our good players ...dam ..we've already lost Wheeler because of the whinners dont start with Nathan Horton ...Kelly-Paille are not scorers but please leave me alone with Nathan ...he will get 30 goals easy next season .....and watch Blake Wheeler next season (minimum 80points) .... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 (???) 2012-2013 (If I become GM)
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Part of the problem with the team and some fans is that they accept mediocrity. 20 goals is NOT a goalscorer. There's a difference between "whining" and criticism same as there's a difference between being positive and denial. If Horton starts putting up numbers I'll be happy as a pig in a poke but unlike you, I'll wait until he shows me more than this. His trigger is too slow.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ATTN Chiarelli: Who is our next "scorer" : Part of the problem with the team and some fans is that they accept mediocrity. 20 goals is NOT a goalscorer. There's a difference between "whining" and criticism same as there's a difference between being positive and denial. If Horton starts putting up numbers I'll be happy as a pig in a poke but unlike you, I'll wait until he shows me more than this. His trigger is too slow.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

Name a player PC could legitimately go after and what it would take to get him.  Until you can do that you're guilty of "whining", or as Stanley refers to it "whinning".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the only thing horton has proven is...he does skate hard most every nite, and he's a streaky goal scorer(aka not offensively consistent). let's just hope that streakiness coincides with the playoffs...then all will be forgotten

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ATTN Chiarelli: Who is our next "scorer" : Name a player PC could legitimately go after and what it would take to get him.  Until you can do that you're guilty of "whining".
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

I don't know who's available or not. I'm not a GM nor do I focus on that as much as other fans. What I'm saying is that the guys PC is bringing in and calling "goalscorers" are not turning out to be goalscorers at all. Call it whining or whatever you want I couldn't care less but the fans who settle for mediocrity are part of the problem. It's the fans who demand better that will push this team's management to perform better.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

I'm one of the guys who would rather discuss hockey than post inaccurate negatives. Let's start with Horton; he has scored goals,; he does skate hard and fast; he is one of the reasons that lucic is having his best scoring year; he does play defense, but would rather be pouring in the offense, but, Claude would bench him. Chiarelli's next, and he never claimed he was acquiring a "scorer". He did the Kelly deal because his coach needed a "veteran". Kelly can skate; is great on PK and needs other "skaters " to be more productive. He now has them in Peverly and Seguin, with Seguin being the trigger-man. Let's see how they can perform. One fact that most of us recognize is the cap. It inhibits every team, and is the reason for more parity in the league. Wheeler and Stuart were traded for CAP space to sign Kaberle. Wheeler probably will escalate his scoring in years to come, but, so will Neal in Pittsburgh and Stewart in St. Louis.. Good potential is being traded all over the league ecause of the CAP. It would have been nice to see Neal come to Boston, but The Bruins did not have a young stud defenseman to trade even money. Some of these posters need to look beyond their nose.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ATTN Chiarelli: Who is our next "scorer" : I don't know who's available or not. Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

That's because no team is looking to get rid of their scorers. 

PC did what he could with what he had and improved the team.  They're in a slump.  It will pass.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ATTN Chiarelli: Who is our next "scorer" : That's because no team is looking to get rid of their scorers.  PC did what he could with what he had and improved the team.  They're in a slump.  It will pass.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Hope so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosismooses. Show mosismooses's posts

I'm sorry but who is our first "scorer"???

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sorry but who is our first "scorer"???
    Posted by mosismooses[/QUOTE]

lucic....haven't been watching lately?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Lucic=scorer...he'll have over 30 when all is said and done
    I don't think we have seen the best of Horton
    Seguin will be a scorer.

They don't grow on trees.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Has anyone ever thought that "goal scorer" and the "Claude Julien System" don't necessarily mesh together?     Maybe that's the problem? Not really a knick on Julien, who is Lemaire disciple, but the NJD went on their tear without any prolific, pure goal scorers.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Chicago's cup winning squad featured one 30 goal scorer(Kane) and five 20 goal scorers.Boston will likely start the playoffs with one 30 and four 20 goal scorers.Certainly not a huge difference.Chicago's D is deeper than Boston's while the Bruins should feature better goaltending.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=65111a90383c640a723d19053841fde1&plckUserId=65111a90383c640a723d19053841fde1">
    First: 1/3/2010
    Last: 3/22/2011

Chicago's cup winning squad featured one 30 goal scorer(Kane) and five 20 goal scorers.Boston will likely start the playoffs with one 30 and four 20 goal scorers.Certainly not a huge difference.Chicago's D is deeper than Boston's while the Bruins should feature better goaltending.

Good points DEZ---- 1 difference I am sorry to say is Coaching.  Also Chicago could actually score a PP goal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=65111a90383c640a723d19053841fde1&plckUserId=65111a90383c640a723d19053841fde1 " /> dezaruchi Posts: 3729 First: 1/3/2010 Last: 3/22/2011 In Response to Re: ATTN Chiarelli: Who is our next "scorer" :   Chicago's cup winning squad featured one 30 goal scorer(Kane) and five 20 goal scorers.Boston will likely start the playoffs with one 30 and four 20 goal scorers.Certainly not a huge difference.Chicago's D is deeper than Boston's while the Bruins should feature better goaltending. Good points DEZ---- 1 difference I am sorry to say is Coaching .  Also Chicago could actually score a PP goal.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]
    Yep,I agree they are far from a mirror image.I just think the lineup is better built for a playoff run than many suspect.Chicago scored 18 PP goals in 22 games.Good but not exactly a sure-thing.I won't argue the point that if Boston's PP remains the same,the playoff run will be short.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

This is absolutely right.  One very good, scoring power forward in lucic, check.  Young gun who will end up being elite offensive talent in seguin, check.  Very good playmaking center in krejci, check.  Very good two way center to play top lines in bergy, check.  Marchand and Horton can work if put in the right position.

Missing ingredient, one big time scoring talent to place either in horton or recchi's place, or a 1st line center to bump back bergy and krejci.

We are close, just miss that one game breaker, sniper, PP guy.  Savvy was that guy who created tons of chances and made his linemates far better, need to replace that.

Oh and a top pair Dman would help alot too!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]It is ok as stanley has applied for the scorer position.
    Posted by tukka_fall[/QUOTE]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from niftybear. Show niftybear's posts

[QUOTE]I'm one of the guys who would rather discuss hockey than post inaccurate negatives. Let's start with Horton; he has scored goals,; he does skate hard and fast; he is one of the reasons that lucic is having his best scoring year; he does play defense, but would rather be pouring in the offense, but, Claude would bench him. Chiarelli's next, and he never claimed he was acquiring a "scorer". He did the Kelly deal because his coach needed a "veteran". Kelly can skate; is great on PK and needs other "skaters " to be more productive. He now has them in Peverly and Seguin, with Seguin being the trigger-man. Let's see how they can perform. One fact that most of us recognize is the cap. It inhibits every team, and is the reason for more parity in the league. Wheeler and Stuart were traded for CAP space to sign Kaberle. Wheeler probably will escalate his scoring in years to come, but, so will Neal in Pittsburgh and Stewart in St. Louis.. Good potential is being traded all over the league ecause of the CAP. It would have been nice to see Neal come to Boston, but The Bruins did not have a young stud defenseman to trade even money. Some of these posters need to look beyond their nose.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

He called Kelly a two-way player. Definitely not. Saying "he does score" means nothing. You can say that about Paille bcoz he got a few this year. My point was they are not living up to offensive expectations. Criticism and negative are not the same thing. I'm amazed at all the people (not everyone) on this site who don't know the difference between being positive and being in denial or being negative and offering criticism.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

[QUOTE]It is ok as stanley has applied for the scorer position.
    Posted by tukka_fall[/QUOTE]

not funy at all....

I will not become a scorer but I will work hard at getting more ...I want to make sure that my prediction will be right

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

23. This post has been removed.