Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread

A little late. I know. But just thought it'd be nice to get it going. Powerplay coming up. The Avs are playing a pretty physical game, Landeskog looks really good.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread

In honor of the baseball playoffs both teams are playing a no-hitter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

So are the Bruins. Would have been nice if they showed up today. Typical game with Tuuka in net.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]So are the Bruins. Would have been nice if they showed up today. Typical game with Tuuka in net.
    Posted by ksp57[/QUOTE]
    Just thinking the same thing. He's looked pretty good, though!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Official stats have the hits at 21-19 for Boston. I didn't feel like I just saw 40 hits.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

These Bruins afternoon games are almost guaranteed to be low scoring games.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Happy 16th Birthday,
    Kyle

Love Mom & Dad

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Would be a shame to waste Rask's efforts.  They have to pull it out.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

People who say that Chris Kelly is significantly better than Dan Paille in any sense are simply wrong.

Ok, he's probably better at faceoffs (obviously) but other than that I think Dan Paille does more out there shift after shift.

Change 'em up. Seguin to 1st, Kelly to 4th, Horton and Paille to 3rd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Would be a shame to waste Rask's efforts.  They have to pull it out.
    Posted by RichHillOntario[/QUOTE]
    Yeah RHO, it'd be nice for Rask to start this season with a win but here they are down 1-0.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread : Yeah RHO, it'd be nice for Rask to start this season with a win for Rask but here they are down 1-0.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

dez - Absolutely.  History would tell us this kind of performance does not usually end well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

http://www.csnne.com/10/10/11/Bruins-Avs-Five-thoughts-from-the-second/landing_bruins.html?blockID=575110&feedID=3944

Probably going to get squashed for this one but ingrizzlebizzles has a good point. Put some fire under their butts. I would also play 

1. Lucic Krejci Seguin
    2. Marchand Bergeron Peverly
    3. Paille Kelly Horton
    4. Poiuliot Campbell Thorton

D pairings are great right now good for Boychuck with Chara
    Corvo Sidenberg nice set up and 
    Ferrence and McQuaid match well.

A little bit of a change to jump start the first line would be good. 
    hate to say it Poiulliot might be a better fit than Caron for that change. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

I feel bad for Tuukka, he must be sick of it. It's quite evident, dating back to last year, that the team doesn't play as well in front of him as they do when Timmy is in net. And, when Rask has a solid performance, the team doesn't score. If I were Tuukka I'd be pi**ed the f**k off.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Here would be another interesting line change.

Lucic Krejci and Peverly

Marchand Bergeron and Seguin

Paille Kelly and Horton don't think Kelly will work on 4th line and he has shown signs of speed

Poiullot Campbell and Thorton or Caron

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Avs better puck control, better skating.

B's aren't executing well at all.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

It's just amazing when Tuukka is in net -- the Bruins never show up.  At some point you would think he would read them the riot act after a game.  They look awful.

I hate to say this, but through three games Nathan Horton looks like the Florida Horton, not the Boston Horton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]It's just amazing when Tuukka is in net -- the Bruins never show up.  At some point you would think he would read the the riot act after a game.  They look awful. I hate to say this, but through three games Nathan Horton looks like the Florida Horton, not the Boston Horton.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I may be overreacting here, but this would p*ss me off so badly if I were a member of the Bruins brass, watching this on a nightly basis from the 9th floor. If I were Cam, I'd call a team meeting or storm into the locker room and give the team a piece of my mind.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

http://www.csnne.com/10/10/11/Seguin-20-helping-to-make-Bruins-offense/landing_bruins.html?blockID=574908&feedID=3944

Fletch a hit like he took last year will do that to you. Give the guy the time to get back into swing and take him off the first line for a little while. Not a demotion but a way to gain confidence. He is still young enough to deal with it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

And the 'We would have won if Timmy was in net' in 4...3...2...1...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from danny1972. Show danny1972's posts

horsebleep performance!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.csnne.com/10/10/11/Seguin-20-helping-to-make-Bruins-offense/landing_bruins.html?blockID=574908&feedID=3944 Fletch a hit like he took last year will do that to you. Give the guy the time to get back into swing and take him off the first line for a little while. Not a demotion but a way to gain confidence. He is still young enough to deal with it.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

I guess...

I hope that's it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]It's just amazing when Tuukka is in net -- the Bruins never show up.  At some point you would think he would read the the riot act after a game.  They look awful. I hate to say this, but through three games Nathan Horton looks like the Florida Horton, not the Boston Horton.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    I hate to say I was thinking the same Fletch. I watched him turn away from finishing at least 3 checks today. No excuse for that. If he's hurting to the point that he doesn't want to hit then he should rest until he's ready. I stuck up for him all of last year because even when he wasn't scoring he still was playing fairly physical and creating space for his linemates. Through 3 games, he's the line's weak link.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

I'm beginning to think the Bruins should trade Rask. Not because Thomas can play the remaining 79 games, but because the Bruins play like garbage in front of him. The Bruins can get a quality forward or dman for him and they can play like garbage in front of any run of the mill backup goalie.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

"We wouldn't have won with Timmy, Rask, Brodeur & Hasek in there at the same time!" Brutal effort all around! Varlamov played great; but the B's let the Av's dictate the play far too often this afternoon. Feel so bad for Tuukka!

This 13 out of 16 at home to start the season is going to create some problems.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

The Bruins are sitting in the top seat this year.  Other clubs are going to show up nightly ready to measure themselves against or flat out beat the champs.  They have to be prepared for that.

Sections
Shortcuts