Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread

Horrid effort I am getting flashbacks to not so long ago. The players would say stuff like we need to compete and play a full 60 and it rarely happened. Now I am getting tired of this bs there saying " we are the hunted now but this will make us better and make us a better team". I heard about how in shape they were coming into camp. Maybe it will take a brawl to get them going?

Cup hangover seems to be in full effect. Call it whatever you want but that was a horrid team effort outside of tuukka.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

I saw the first period. Missed the 2nd and caught most the 3rd on the Radio.... The Radio was more entertaining than watching that game on TV.

I'd like to reiterate Fletch's point about Horton. He looks timid out there, I too saw him turn away from contact and shy off loose pucks multiple times. If he's still hurt he should sit, if he's not he should get his head in the game.

I saw them chasing the puck way to many times, I saw several uncalled for stupid dangles. Not bruins style plays but simply Pouliot trying to dangle through a defender 1-1. I saw Seguin get crunched trying to do the same thing.

Looks like the team saw the Av's on the calender and wanted to up their fantasy points or make it onto ESPN top 10 or something. Lazy game all around.

Or maybe it was just because it was a daytime game, this always happens with the daytime games lol.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

just read Fluto's post saying that the Colorado defenseman dumped Seguin, as he should, then Thornton asks him to fight!!! What's with this guy. He ontributes zero all game long then wants to start a retaliatory fight on a perfectly legal check. Sure the Bruins , as a whole, were not in synch, particularly Horton, but Thornton contributes bupkus.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

You are going to have off games and hit hot goalies so I don't care that they lost today.  Stuff happens.  What I do care about is playing players based on seniority.  Play the players when and where they should play based on their talent and their efforts.  Case in point Larsson is already playing key minutes and shifts as an 18 year old in New Jersey.  It is fine to build 3 solid lines and have a balanced attack but when you are down 1-0 in the 3rd period, your best offensive talent needs to play when you need goals and he needs to play with other players who have offensive ability. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread : I hate to say I was thinking the same Fletch. I watched him turn away from finishing at least 3 checks today. No excuse for that. If he's hurting to the point that he doesn't want to hit then he should rest until he's ready. I stuck up for him all of last year because even when he wasn't scoring he still was playing fairly physical and creating space for his linemates. Through 3 games, he's the line's weak link.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

That's exactly what I am thinking -- last year I thought his compete level was pretty much always there, even when the scoring wasn't.  So far this year he just looks lost and very unengaged.  I know, I know, it's just been three games, the concussion...whatever...all I'm saying is he has been consistently bad for three games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

It is nice that we have so many options though like Seguin, Peverly and Caron to fill in the holes and move Horton where you need to regardless of the reasons of his inconsistant play. Bottom line is even after three games CJ has to do something early and not make the mistake the Red Sox did and using loyality over common sense. AKA you know the guys who did not make the playoffs becuase of too much drama. Faithful Red Sox fan. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]just read Fluto's post saying that the Colorado defenseman dumped Seguin, as he should, then Thornton asks him to fight!!! What's with this guy. He ontributes zero all game long then wants to start a retaliatory fight on a perfectly legal check. Sure the Bruins , as a whole, were not in synch, particularly Horton, but Thornton contributes bupkus.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Don't see anything wrong with it really.  Wilson drilled Seguin with a good clean check.  Good for him.  But if you're Thornton, you want to make sure Seguin is comfortable and people aren't taking runs at him, so you ask Wilson if he wants to have a go.

What drives me nuts, is when someone automatically drops the gloves and stops the play to force a fight after a clean check.  That isn't what Thronton did.  Good on Wilson, good on Thornton.  Seguin should have kept his head up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

Short road trip is a good start, shake up the top line a bit, and someone needs to give 'em hell about their seeming lack of intensity whenever Tuukka is in net.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread : I hate to say I was thinking the same Fletch. I watched him turn away from finishing at least 3 checks today. No excuse for that. If he's hurting to the point that he doesn't want to hit then he should rest until he's ready. I stuck up for him all of last year because even when he wasn't scoring he still was playing fairly physical and creating space for his linemates. Through 3 games, he's the line's weak link.
    I find the problem with both Lucic and Horton is that they are extremely streaky.  When hot look out.  When cold they stink and very rarely are they warm.

Its game 3.  I am not worried.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread : I find the problem with both Lucic and Horton is that they are extremely streaky.  When hot look out.  When cold they stink and very rarely are they warm. Its game 3.  I am not worried.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    Shupe, at least Lucic has shown flashes and had some great opportunities. Horton really seems lost right now. It seems you spotted it earlier than most.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Dez is right Lucic looks like his usual slow start but showing wheels and snarl when needed. Horton is just lost.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I'm beginning to think the Bruins should trade Rask. Not because Thomas can play the remaining 79 games, but because the Bruins play like garbage in front of him. The Bruins can get a quality forward or dman for him and they can play like garbage in front of any run of the mill backup goalie.
    Posted by ksp57[/QUOTE]
    Any run of the mill backup is unlikely to keep Boston in a 1-0 game through 60. As poorly as the team played in front of him, Rask still gave Boston a chance to win.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez is right Lucic looks like his usual slow start but showing wheels and snarl when needed. Horton is just lost.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]
    I was due!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread : Shupe, at least Lucic has shown flashes and had some great opportunities. Horton really seems lost right now. It seems you spotted it earlier than most.

Well, when he fell the other night it took him a few seconds to get himslef right.  I mean that fall happens a 100 times over the course of the year.  I just hope he is ok.  Last thing we need is for him to go down like Savy.  His hit looked ten times worse than Sids, he also is a much more physical player and fights.  I would ensure he is ok.  I mean they obviously know more than us.  But is he playing this way b/c he fears a jolt will end it for him? 

I am hoping its just a bad start.  I didnt catch a lot of pre-season either.  If he pots a few next game this is a moot pt.  I find a lot of the guys look like they are skating in sand. 

I would go 10 games.  Then make a few changes.  Still think Seguin with Marchand and Bergie is our best option.
    DK/Peverly/Lucic
    Bergie/Seguin/Marchand
    Kelly/Horton/Caron(Pouliot)
    4th line.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread : Well, when he fell the other night it took him a few seconds to get himslef right.  I mean that fall happens a 100 times over the course of the year.  I just hope he is ok.  Last thing we need is for him to go down like Savy.  His hit looked ten times worse than Sids, he also is a much more physical player and fights.  I would ensure he is ok.  I mean they obviously know more than us.  But is he playing this way b/c he fears a jolt will end it for him?  I am hoping its just a bad start.  I didnt catch a lot of pre-season either.  If he pots a few next game this is a moot pt.  I find a lot of the guys look like they are skating in sand.  I would go 10 games.  Then make a few changes.  Still think Seguin with Marchand and Bergie is our best option. DK/Peverly/Lucic Bergie/Seguin/Marchand Kelly/Horton/Caron(Pouliot) 4th line.
    Me too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok, I read the thread trying to fathom the flow of the game as I did not watch it (working).  What I gather is Tuuka was fine, Boston was beat to the puck by a more determined Avs team, and lastly comments on different line combos with no scoring in the game.  To me this represents what I saw last year several times during the year but particularly against Toronto.  True?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, I read the thread trying to fathom the flow of the game as I did not watch it (working).  What I gather is Tuuka was fine, Boston was beat to the puck by a more determined Avs team, and lastly comments on different line combos with no scoring in the game.  To me this represents what I saw last year several times during the year but particularly against Toronto.  True?
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]
    Very similar Isla. It was af if they expected to win regardless of the effort. They were simply out-worked today. Frustrating(and boring) to watch.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just watched the 3rd period replay on the Colorado feed. Peter McNabb is right Hejduk's goal had eyes and it is true goal scorers get goals like that. That is 10 biscuit n de baskets in 16 games against the Bs for Milan.

They showed Varlamov's saves throughout the game, not spectacular or standing on his head type but kept the Avs in the game. Pouliot and Lucic will be tossing n turning on their misses especially Milan's, plenty of time to put that one away.

1st line is absolutely listless, Kelly is still providing no offense for his wingers he skates at times worse than Steve Heinz and that is saying something. Not concerned but I did notice the 4th lines TOI and if Julien is only going to play Pouliot for 9:48Min then why did PC sign him ? Give those minutes to Caron.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

At the beginning of last year's schedule the listless play was very evident.  Unlike some, I still view the regular season last year as inconsistent with regards to effort.  So I am not alarmed by "hangover" thoughts, but I am concerned with the old "inconsistent" play becoming acceptable to CJ.  I should expect it in the parity driven NHL, but on the other hand more should be done to mix up the lines to generate up tempo play. Caron, or Pouliot are just the medicine needed if the malaize continues.  Thanks for the clarity Dez and SanDog!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So how was the PP ? 
    As for Horton I'm not willing to say he's "Florida Panther Horton" yet.  He has a short training camp due to his injuries (concussed and shoulder) . 
    He looks sluggish and not yet in full shape.  Nor does Lucic.  These big body types take a little longer to get going.
    Let's discuss them in 10-15days.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]just read Fluto's post saying that the Colorado defenseman dumped Seguin, as he should, then Thornton asks him to fight!!! What's with this guy. He ontributes zero all game long then wants to start a retaliatory fight on a perfectly legal check. Sure the Bruins , as a whole, were not in synch, particularly Horton, but Thornton contributes bupkus.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Next to Tuukk? I thought Thorts was the most consistent Bruin. That's sad when that happens; but thats what I saw today.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I just finished watching the game.  It was fun to watch.  I wish the B's had won.

Oh, another thing:

The B's are getting shut out, so they need goals, right?

Lucic:  12:44

Seguin: 12:53

Thornton:  12:22

---

After the goal, Krejci, Lucic and Horton sat for the next six or seven hockey minutes.

---

With Rask pulled, the B's had Chara, Corvo and Seidenberg on the ice.

--- 

I was surprised to see Pouliot play well.  Who knows?

---

I thought Rask played well.  The theory that the team doesn't play as well when he's in there is silly to me.  Maybe they don't play well against Opponent X and Rask plays those games.  Maybe they don't play well in matinees, and Rask plays those games.  I see it as co-incidence, not fact.  Remember:  Correlation doesn't imply causation.

---

I love Corvo's low, hard wrist shot from the point.  I think that's going to create a lot of great tips and garbage goals when the boys up front get used to it.

---

O'Brien was ready to go.  Why didn't Marchand answer the bell?  (hahahahaha)  I'm really happy that he didn't.   There would be a lot of line shuffling as Marchand had his face shuffled at Mass General.

---

Beautiful check on Seguin.  No harm, just a good looking hockey check.  People will say that Seguin should have XYZ.  I say that he showed no fear by hanging on long enough to make the play.  He knew he was going to get drilled, but stayed with it anyway.  If he dished it early and moved, we'd have 30 Seguin = (Kessel - 30 goals) threads.

---

The Colorado goaltending was solid.  There were a few typical weak flicks, but there were some good shots that got turned away.  There was also a laser from Peverley which missed the net.  Imagine that?  Peverley missing the net!

---

Chara got rocked by a clean hit.  He was so surprised, he attacked the guy.  Poor Chara. 

---

I didn't find it frustrating.  I enjoyed it.  It was good hockey.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yes but Thorton provided leadership, grit, stood up for players and provided a solid 12 minutes. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Yes but Thorton provided leadership, grit, stood up for players and provided a solid 12 minutes. 

Oh he sure did!  He looked great asking a guy to fight because the guy threw a clean check.  He also looked great when he got a case of potato hands due to the puck slightly changing direction on a 2-1.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread : Oh he sure did!  He looked great asking a guy to fight because the guy threw a clean check.  He also looked great when he got a case of potato hands due to the puck slightly changing direction on a 2-1.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

He has two cup rings though and 10 goals last year.

Sections
Shortcuts