Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread

In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread : Give and take Chowda- I am joking with you as well.  All Im asking for is some proof.  I was having fun with the Marchand/Thornton thing.  Sarcasm, not bashing.  It was meant in light spirits, no different than someone giving me the business about Torres or me doing the same about Tim Brent with Fletch.  I am pretty sure you must be able to read between the lines with my posts.  BUT, I will leave with this. 1. I am a well known anti-Marchand but have been saying excellent things about his play b/c its deserved.   2. If Thorton had 12+ minutes in a 1-0 game we are in trouble.    Relax-smile and have a great day.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

I understand your sentiments with Marchand and Thornton . You two don't like them. That's fine . But Fletch took the words right out of my mouth . The repetitiveness of it is just getting ridiculous. It  spills over into other threads . There's no getting away from it. And Fletch echoed my thought again regarding the Kesselites. You guys are reminding me of bruins8 going on and on saying the same things over and over again. Just a different topic that we've heard your opinions on a thousand times before.

I'd rather read the shupe I know who made my two out of three ain't bad list . Not this stuff.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"But somehow when I post stuff my vision is clouded."

Because you are not clear sometimes Shup then you back peddle by saying you were kidding. Make your points more clearer and oh I'm guilty of this as well at times so not being condescending.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]          "But somehow when I post stuff my vision is clouded." Because you are not clear sometimes Shup then you back peddle by saying you were kidding. Make your points more clearer and oh I'm guilty of this as well at times so not being condescending.  
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

San,

Thats my point.  I have actually been very good and positive to start the year.  I had a Brad Bash-a-thon last week prior to the season and once actually hockey started I have been good.  The Rat Night was more in fun and I even spun that into a positive.  I don't think using back peddling is the correct term either.  I never back peddle on an opinion but do man up when wrong  Like Lucic contract(although I am having second thoughts), on Ference(he has earned his money and had a great season), on Bergie's contract(he has been outstanding and then some) and even on boy wonder Brad.  Problem is everyone see's and comments when I make an observation opinion that doesnt mesh into what everyone wants to read. 

I enjoy reading just about everyone's posts on here.  I was extrememly hard on callo and LUCIC but those are two I like chatting with now.  I think everyone's opinion is important on here but I don't chase people around. 

Even with you San, from day one I have always enjoyed your reads.  I don't always agree and we went head on last year.  No harm, no foul.  Its an opinion and I get that. 

And NAS and I have dropped the gloves as well.  I don't find myself as extreme as NAS but he knows hockey. 

Anyway, I have been pro-brad if anything this year b/c his play has outshined his dumbdumb moves so far.  Hope it remains that way. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread : San, Thats my point.  I have actually been very good and positive to start the year.  I had a Brad Bash-a-thon last week prior to the season and once actually hockey started I have been good.  The Rat Night was more in fun and I even spun that into a positive.  I don't think using back peddling is the correct term either.  I never back peddle on an opinion but do man up when wrong  Like Lucic contract(although I am having second thoughts), on Ference(he has earned his money and had a great season), on Bergie's contract(he has been outstanding and then some) and even on boy wonder Brad.  Problem is everyone see's and comments when I make an observation opinion that doesnt mesh into what everyone wants to read.  I enjoy reading just about everyone's posts on here.  I was extrememly hard on callo and LUCIC but those are two I like chatting with now.  I think everyone's opinion is important on here but I don't chase people around.  Even with you San, from day one I have always enjoyed your reads.  I don't always agree and we went head on last year.  No harm, no foul.  Its an opinion and I get that.  And NAS and I have dropped the gloves as well.  I don't find myself as extreme as NAS but he knows hockey.  Anyway, I have been pro-brad if anything this year b/c his play has outshined his dumbdumb moves so far.  Hope it remains that way. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Shupe as far as I have seen you have been pumping brads tires and I would say even filling his tank of gas on ocasison. I don't see why posters get offended if they deem what another poster writes is not positive. Its a place to post your thoughts and opinions what the problem?

Ever watch the news? 90% of the news in papers and on tv is not very positive. 2 of the first 3 bruins games this season they have given a half a$$ effort if that makes me a negative poster for telling it like it is then I don't care what others think of me. Shupe who gives a rats you know what others think of you just post what you feel and see.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Again, I can only speak for myself, but any criticism from me has absolutely nothing to do with being 'negative' or having thoughts that are 'different from other posters'.  Both those things are good here, when original, and the posters in question are usually good at this.

My problem is just that the argument that Brad Marchand acts like a punk, or Shawn Thornton is unskilled, are just not interesting enough to be stated over and over and over.  We get it.  Making that argument is no longer controversial, or even interesting.  I don't know why there is this feeling that everybody here must know the opinion of Poster X on Subject Y.  State it a few times and let it sink or swim.  Maybe your point is interesting, maybe it isn't.  Being reminded of it every day does not make it more interesting. 

Last night it just seemed like two posters kept applauding each other for having this particular view when it is so tired and overstated that it is moving into Kesselite territory.  I happen to agree with it for the most part, but it's not like some new revelation that the masses haven't discovered yet.  If Marchand does something punky next week or Thornton fumbles a pass, look out, because it will be all about the loud validation of a few posters here, and not so much about the Bruins.

That said, sorry for the judgements.  Post on if ye' wish.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Again, I can only speak for myself, but any criticism from me has absolutely nothing to do with being 'negative' or having thoughts that are 'different from other posters'.  Both those things are good here, when original, and the posters in question are usually good at this. My problem is just that the argument that Brad Marchand acts like a punk, or Shawn Thornton is unskilled, are just not interesting enough to be stated over and over and over.  We get it.  Making that argument is no longer controversial, or even interesting.  I don't know why there is this feeling that everybody here must know the opinion of Poster X on Subject Y.  State it a few times and let it sink or swim.  Maybe your point is interesting, maybe it isn't.  Being reminded of it every day does not make it more interesting.  Last night it just seemed like two posters kept applauding each other for having this particular view when it is so tired and overstated that it is moving into Kesselite territory.  I happen to agree with it for the most part, but it's not like some new revelation that the masses haven't discovered yet.  If Marchand does something punky next week or Thornton fumbles a pass, look out, because it will be all about the loud validation of a few posters here, and not so much about the Bruins. That said, sorry for the judgements.  Post on if ye' wish.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    The sweet voice of reason.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avalanche Vs. Bruins Official Game Thread : The sweet voice of reason.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yep, he's basically said what the rest of us have been thinking .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Again, I can only speak for myself, but any criticism from me has absolutely nothing to do with being 'negative' or having thoughts that are 'different from other posters'.  Both those things are good here, when original, and the posters in question are usually good at this. My problem is just that the argument that Brad Marchand acts like a punk, or Shawn Thornton is unskilled, are just not interesting enough to be stated over and over and over.  We get it.  Making that argument is no longer controversial, or even interesting.  I don't know why there is this feeling that everybody here must know the opinion of Poster X on Subject Y.  State it a few times and let it sink or swim.  Maybe your point is interesting, maybe it isn't.  Being reminded of it every day does not make it more interesting.  Last night it just seemed like two posters kept applauding each other for having this particular view when it is so tired and overstated that it is moving into Kesselite territory.  I happen to agree with it for the most part, but it's not like some new revelation that the masses haven't discovered yet.  If Marchand does something punky next week or Thornton fumbles a pass, look out, because it will be all about the loud validation of a few posters here, and not so much about the Bruins. That said, sorry for the judgements.  Post on if ye' wish.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Thats fair but what on here is really original.  I talk everything hockey and take a few pokes at Thornton Marchand "et al".  Some people loose their $ hit over certain games.  Or the trolls will come a knocking and I love battling it out with those creatures. 

I see your point but the next time Marchand or any Bruins does something great or something stupid won't it be posted. 

You don't think the Torres issue is tired.  Heck I mentioned it and had fun with it.  As soon as he scores a GWG in the finals I have a fun little post and I pretty sure everyone jumps on me.  I even stated anyone but Torres as soon as he scored it.  The doom and gloom gang jumped all it saying I was a troll etc etc. 

I avoid the Kessel debates for the same reason you dont like the Marchand/ST threads.  All I will post though is Kessel has never scored a meaningful game and I normally won't even look at the thread again.

If you read what I posted in there it was not a post where I was jumping all over one player.  I was playing with it and then everyone on the pro-Marchand stance gets their fur up.  If I can avoid a Kessel thread cant you guys avoid the dead beaten horse as well.  I bet if you guys look at those threads on those two that you are one of the main contributors.  So why encourage my bad behavior.  I am blaming it as a learned behavior and you are part of the problem. 
    NAS does it to get a rise and boy does it work.  He is sitting back giggling.  He made one quick post.  And then the vultures smell blood and look out.

In closing.  I was making light of the most recent posts on Brad.  I still believe Thornton had much too much ice time in a 1-0 loss to one of the worst teams in hockey.  I would say the same thing tomorrow if Thornton is getting as much ice as Lucic or Seguin. 

So when are we all signing up for sensitivity training.  I am on board.  My feelings have been hurt on here for years.  I think the me calling Marchand a Canadian hero at the WJHC was the icing on the cake.  But I am remembered for wanting his jersey this christmas. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Okay, so if the team is struggling to score and the goon plays almost as many seconds as the team's top goal scorers, I shouldn't point that out because everyone knows I can't stand him?

I didn't see anyone else mention it, so I did.  We spend a lot of time discussing lines and minutes.  The goon being out there for 12+ minutes while the team's #1 goal scorer is only seconds ahead is big news, regardless of the team or the actual players.  It's not like I started a thread about it to magnify it.  It was part of my post about the entire game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]Okay, so if the team is struggling to score and the goon plays almost as many seconds as the team's top goal scorers, I shouldn't point that out because everyone knows I can't stand him? I didn't see anyone else mention it, so I did.  We spend a lot of time discussing lines and minutes.  The goon being out there for 12+ minutes while the team's #1 goal scorer is only seconds ahead is big news, regardless of the team or the actual players.  It's not like I started a thread about it to magnify it.  It was part of my post about the entire game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong with pointing out how the coach plays a goon when the team needs a goal to tie. Doesn't make sense to me much

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok I am with NAS on this point of view.  It is good to point out TOI as he does many times when others banter on what is wrong or right with a particular game. Thornton is not a good hockey player, I might add fighter as well.  As for Marchand, I think he is a punk.  So add me to the list.  Now like Shupe I beleive he served to be a valuable member on last year's team. 

Fletch's comment is the best, just stop beating on the player without substantiation.  So why Marchand is a punk or why Thornton is a skating clown should be mentioned with the game at hand.  

On second thought, Ah it does not matter, I read quickly so I can just skip over the carp.  As an old colleague of mind said "in the great scheme of things, it just does not matter".

Was it Kennedy97 who brought up Godwin's Law, well tonight's thread material it seems appropriate to revisit the rule of thumb while blogging.