Avery Suspensions (or lack there of)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

Avery Suspensions (or lack there of)

I looked online to see just how much Avery has been suspended considering all of the dumb crap he has done and this is all I could find:

11/15/2005 Fined $1,000 by the NHL for diving.
     11/13/2007 Fined $2,500 by the NHL. (no reason)
     12/5/2008 Suspended by the NHL for 6 games (sloppy seconds comment)

Now he was suspended indefinitely by the League on 12/2/08 and then on 12/5 they announced it was 6 games.  Dalls had 2 games between 12/2 and 12/5 so if the 6 games was in addition to those games then he was really suspended 8 games.

Really NHL?  6-8 games and to minor fines?  OH wait, they did install The Sean Avery Rule so now I should feel all warm and fuzzy that you can't screen the goalie by facing him and waving your arms like a lunatic and it only resulting in a minor penalty. 

The reason this idiot keeps getting away with his antics is because the NHL does nothing.  2 fines and 6-8 games missed is a joke yet the NHL wants to clean up the fighting and other crap.  Take the instigator rule away and let the players police the games themselves.  I'm not sure what polls the NHL are running and saying fans have voted for less fighting, it appears from all I hear it really is the opposite. 

BETTMAN and CAMPBELL are MORONS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Re: Avery Suspensions (or lack there of)

Boston owe it to Smid to take care of Avery for him tonight, considering Boston needed Evander Kane to KO Cooke for them last season.  Seems only fair.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Well in the NHL Sucker Punches IE Avery vs Smid and Walker vs Ward are completely acceptable. Didnt you seel "colie" explain that?

But yet Naughty Language and gestures are immediate suspensions. NHL we may clean up your langauge but assault is still ok!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

The problem is that Avery picks his spots so carefully that he won't fight any of the Bruins tougher guys.  He learned last game not to mess with Stuart, so I predict the only guy he'll fight would be Ference, or someone smaller than him.  And, you can expect the Smid treatment, where he'll look for a chance to sucker someone.

We can always hope that he'll get himself into a jam he can't run away from though...

P.S. When Atlanta plays in the Garden next, should Evander Kane get a standing ovation?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Suspensions (or lack there of):
    The problem is that Avery picks his spots so carefully that he won't fight any of the Bruins tougher guys.  He learned last game not to mess with Stuart, so I predict the only guy he'll fight would be Ference, or someone smaller than him.  And, you can expect the Smid treatment, where he'll look for a chance to sucker someone. We can always hope that he'll get himself into a jam he can't run away from though... P.S. When Atlanta plays in the Garden next, should Evander Kane get a standing ovation?
    Posted by Fletcher1

Oh, HELL yes. I'll be there, and I'm tempted to make a sign saying something like "Evander Kane Fan Club - Boston Chapter."

As for Avery, the Bruins know (after the insane move he pulled on Thomas a couple of years ago) not to turn their backs on the guy. I'll never forget poor Steve Montador going after him, not knowing what happened, just knowing something had happened to his goalie due to Timmy's reaction.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Boston owes Avery a kick in butt for this.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Avery is a pest who gets under peoples skin.  Whatever.  I dont like the guy, but at the same time I dont hate him.  He isnt a cheap-shot-artist like Bryan Marchment or Ulf was, he isnt even as big a pest as Claude Lemieux.  He isnt dirty, he DIDNT "sucker punch" Smid (who WAS goading/instigating him into a fight WHILE wearing a visor after Avery made a CLEAN hit).  Guys dont like Avery because he is a pest, and a GREAT one at that.  He can actually play hockey if thats what he wanted to do, but he has a role and does it well.  If he is/was dirty, thats one thing, but he isnt.  He definitely boarders on it and does some REALLY stupid & immature stuff, but flat our dirty, nope.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Has the NHL done anything right!

That is why are 4th rate.

Buttman and Colon have no shame.

The only reason the B's signed his son is to get some breakes from head office, Savard should elbow Cambell at practice and call him a faker.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Has the NHL done anything right! That is why are 4th rate. Buttman and Colon have no shame. The only reason the B's signed his son is to get some breakes from head office, Savard should elbow Cambell at practice and call him a faker.
    Posted by thefly8

What does Campbellhave to do with anything that his father said about Savard? Nothing. Why would Savard elbow one of our best centers so far in the season?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Avery is a pest who gets under peoples skin.  Whatever.  I dont like the guy, but at the same time I dont hate him.  He isnt a cheap-shot-artist like Bryan Marchment or Ulf was, he isnt even as big a pest as Claude Lemieux.  He isnt dirty, he DIDNT "sucker punch" Smid (who WAS goading/instigating him into a fight WHILE wearing a visor after Avery made a CLEAN hit).  Guys dont like Avery because he is a pest, and a GREAT one at that.  He can actually play hockey if thats what he wanted to do, but he has a role and does it well.  If he is/was dirty, thats one thing, but he isnt.  He definitely boarders on it and does some REALLY stupid & immature stuff, but flat our dirty, nope.
    Posted by bigvig

No. Guys don't like Avery because he's a punk, both on and off the ice. As I've noted before, he's started fights in his own locker room. To put it milldly, he's an anti-social SOB in the most social of sports, where chemistry is paramount and the players consider each other brothers. The Rangers are the only team that can tolerate him. Not like him, but tolerate him. They let him go his own way and pretty much ignore him when he's not playing.

And I can't see how you can say the guy's not dirty. He's one of the dirtiest players in the NHL, the Smid stramash just being the latest example. The hit on Thomas a couple of years ago - during a time out! - is typical. I think it was Thomas or perhaps somebody else on the Bruins who pointed out that Avery doesn't even seem to realize not that there's a line you don't cross, but that a line actually exists. There's something wrong with the guy.

Sections
Shortcuts