Avery Waived

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Avery Waived

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377365

Please, please, please, no one pick him up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Avery Waived

In Response to Avery Waived:
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377365 Please, please, please, no one pick him up.
    Posted by red75

I can see the Habs picking him up or the Caps

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

100% agree red.

Hopefully some of the other players like him go away too.

Habs maybe... Caps? Can they even afford him? Last I heard they were over the cap and Avery was well paid last contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

omg please let the Habs pick up avery. I would love to see their fanbase do a 180* turn on their feelings about him faster than a driedel spins during hannukah

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

ILH...montreal is a perfect fit you know, whiny, flopping, beeches. vancouver seems like a good fit also. no really, i hope this guys working in the fashion district and not the nhl this winter. an avery-less nhl is a good thing. world of fashion... you have no idea what you're in for. enjoy 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Waived:
    ILH...montreal is a perfect fit you know, whiny, flopping, beeches. vancouver seems like a good fit also. no really, i hope this guys working in the fashion district and not the nhl this winter. an avery-less nhl is a good thing. world of fashion... you have no idea what you're in for. enjoy 
    Posted by adkbeesfan

In all seriousness.  I see these 2 teams as options.
    1. Detroit- back to where he came from and they have an established group of vets.  Which is a pro and con.
    2. Vancouver.  He has the skill to play top 6 and he would be ideal for them in terms of adding a gritty player.  He could play with Kesler and not miss a beat.

I say no one claims him.  But a trade could happen.  Bad contract for bad contract.  How about Stajan for Avery? 

Someone will want him. 
    I can't see the Caps.  They already have issues.  Why add aother eliment.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Avery Waived : In all seriousness.  I see these 2 teams as options. 1. Detroit- back to where he came from and they have an established group of vets.  Which is a pro and con. 2. Vancouver.  He has the skill to play top 6 and he would be ideal for them in terms of adding a gritty player.  He could play with Kesler and not miss a beat. I say no one claims him.  But a trade could happen.  Bad contract for bad contract.  How about Stajan for Avery?  Someone will want him.  I can't see the Caps.  They already have issues.  Why add aother eliment.
    Posted by shuperman

Agreed, someone will take him.  He's still going to sell some tickets.  Maybe Florida, he'll fit in in Miami.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

to both of your points... if there is a team willing to give matt cooke a paycheck each week, there is no doubt a team that will do the same for avery, sad but true.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I hope someone picks him up because I honestly think the league needs him.  He isnt "DIRTY" and plays the antagonist well.  So what, I dont hate the guy.  I DONT want him on the Bruins, but its always fun when youre going up against the team he plays for.  NOBODY can deny that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Bruins should hire him as a fashion consultant. They'd be the best dressed team in the league.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

I hope someone picks him up because I honestly think the league needs him.  He isnt "DIRTY" and plays the antagonist well.  So what, I dont hate the guy.  I DONT want him on the Bruins, but its always fun when youre going up against the team he plays for.  NOBODY can deny that.
    Posted by bigvig

to say the league "needs" avery, is quite possibly the stupidest think i think i've ever read on these boards. and that is sayin' something...believe me. what are you related to the guy? or do you share the same fashion sense? are you joking? will your next post tell us how "invaluable" matt cooke is to the nhl? I"LL DENY IT. i hate the bruins playing against any team with an avery-type. that could be the game he decides to do something dumb(about every other night), and really hurt one of the b's. the only thing that is fun about playing against avery is watching him pick himself up off the ice after being crushed(legally of course).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The league needs guys with personality, I agree. But that means guys like Roenick, not Avery.

If you really think the NHL eeds a player who gets 20-30 points a year but has a vibrant personality and brings attention to the game, then let's keep BizNasty in the league, and get rid of Avery.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Bruins should hire him as a fashion consultant. They'd be the best dressed team in the league.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Sup Bud,

epic avatar man.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

I hope the Habs pick him up. Should add more fun to the games against us.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I hope the Habs pick him up. Should add more fun to the games against us.
    Posted by getoffthephone

Careful what you wish for.  He isnt a bad player.  Having him drive Chara and TT nuts all year and playoffs? Pass.  I hope he stays in the west.  And dont say we would bash him.  No we wouldnt.  He is a master of ducking guys and fighting who and when he wants. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Avery appeals to a team looking for a pest.  Habs seem like a fit but don't have the enforcer in place to back him up.  As we know Avery rarely fights the battles he creates.  Hard to deny his skills are good enough for a third or fourth line somewhere?  My guess is back to the western conference with the Kings again or maybe the Ducks? 

Hate to admit it but he would probably be as good or better option than Paille on the fouth line?  Can score a little, kills penalties, passes the hard to play against test, and would be more fun to watch.  Thornton would certianly earn his paycheck this year cleaning up his messes.  Avery and Marchand on the same team.  B's would be most hated for sure..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Avery appeals to a team looking for a pest.  Habs seem like a fit but don't have the enforcer in place to back him up.  As we know Avery rarely fights the battles he creates.  Hard to deny his skills are good enough for a third or fourth line somewhere?  My guess is back to the western conference with the Kings again or maybe the Ducks?  Hate to admit it but he would probably be as good or better option than Paille on the fouth line?  Can score a little, kills penalties, passes the hard to play against test, and would be more fun to watch.  Thornton would certianly earn his paycheck this year cleaning up his messes.  Avery and Marchand on the same team.  B's would be most hated for sure..
    Posted by LB34

Avery doesnt need anyone to back his antics.  As I mentioned he picks his spots.  Clarkson absolutely hates the guy and they did fight a few times but Avery is smart about his business.  Can you name a time where he was jumped and pounded.  I can't.  Thing is he is a pretty decent fighter as well, mainly b/c he jumps the gun. 
    He would help montreal and has enough gay in him to last in Montreal. 
    Im sticking with Van or Det.  Wild card is Calgary.  BUT, Im sticking with clearning waivers.  Then possibly getting dealt for a bad contract. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Posted by bigvig

I can deny that.  I haven't had any fun watching a B's/Rangers game since...wait...has it ever been fun to watch B's/Rangers?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Avery Waived:
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=377365 Please, please, please, no one pick him up.
    Posted by red75

He'll get a job somewhere.  It won't be for his full salary, but someone will sign him.  There are a decent amount of players in the NHL who are not quality NHL players (and that's not including the SKs).

He's a fruitcake, but he can skate and he can score.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Habs won't pick him up. They like people who draw penalties, not look for them. I could see the Leafs looking at him, maybe the Flyers..Bruins won't sign him, but if they did , we'd have a whole lot of Sean Avery fans exiting the closet. His antics would go from stupid and something the league can do without to funny and valuable. It's all laundry.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Isles, Avs and Stars are still below the cap floor. I could also see Dale Tallon putting up with Avery for a year BadHab...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Isles, Avs and Stars are still below the cap floor. I could also see Dale Tallon putting up with Avery for a year BadHab...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Stars?  I would bet he doesnt go there. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

There are some players I love to hate.  Avery, I just hate.  He has no place in the game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There are some players I love to hate.  Avery, I just hate.  He has no place in the game.
    Posted by OatesCam

Do you feel the same way about Marchand?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I get the dislike for Avery, but I honestly dont get the hate.  He isnt a dirty player, he isnt a cheap-shot artist.  He isnt a diver.  He is just a pot-stirrer.  I get it that he gets under peoples skin, but he isnt even top 50 on my most hated list.

Sections
Shortcuts