Aves Fire Sacco

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Aves Fire Sacco

Sacco was 130-134-30 in his 4 years and still had 1 year left on his contract.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=421939

Any thoughts?

Fletch, this is your neck of the woods, right?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Aves Fire Sacco

No suprise here, I wonder who else gets the pink slip this week.

Would also like fletch's view on this as I didnt get to see the Avs as much as I would have liked this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, this was certainly inevitable.  I think Sacco had some success his first year, and since then the Avs have looked very shakey.  In my opinion, most of the blame belongs in that totally inept henhouse they call a front office, but Sacco certainly isn't inspiring anyone either.  Defensively the Avs have looked horrible, always running around the zone, always out of position.  It was time for Sacco to go.  

Good thing they got rid of Quenneville so they could hire Sacco, that guy will never win anything...

I predict they make a bad decision on the next coach though, and go with a desperate attempt to link back to their past glory.  Roy?  Sakic?  etc....instead of a proven coach or an AHL up-and-comer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Is Sakic even coaching...anywhere?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

No, he has some figurehead title in the Avs front office, and there are rumors around Denver that he might be asked to coach.  No coaching experience at all, that I'm aware of.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

In response to jmwalters' comment:

No, he has some figurehead title in the Avs front office, and there are rumors around Denver that he might be asked to coach.  No coaching experience at all, that I'm aware of.

In a Sakic interview a few weeks back he sounded happy with what he's doing stating time with his kids was enjoyable.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Well, considering they now have the #1 pick it may be good to find a coach before the draft to get his input.

A complete novice like Sakic would be just the sort of bone-headed move I expect the organization to make.....

Sections
Shortcuts