Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_18319466

Put him on the second line with Marchand and Bergeron?

Maybe Tuukka and Ryan Spooner for Stasny?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Re: Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Great. We're already trading Thomas and now Rask. Maybe we can make an audacious swoop and bring Andrew Raycroft home. Maybe also try to get Craig Anderson. What a great tandem that'd be!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

You will not see tuuka anywhere but in Boston. Why is Stasny any better than Kreji, Bergeron, ??? Tuuka is the next Bruins goalie, and maybe a top defenseman or sniper will see Timmy playing elsewhere.[ ah heresy]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

In Response to Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?:
    [QUOTE]http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_18319466 Put him on the second line with Marchand and Bergeron? Maybe Tuukka and Ryan Spooner for Stasny?
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

you just don't get it. NAS was 100% right. this isn't basketball. Watch for a year, ask questions, and then when you throw out ridiculously absurd trade proposals you'll have some credibility 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

IF IT AINT BROKE DON"T FIX IT!!!!!!! KEEP THE TEAM TOGETHER

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

It's official! The silly season is now open, ladies and gentlemen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LeBruinsFan. Show LeBruinsFan's posts

I don't mind the idea of a trade idea being floated but I'd say no this one.

If you unload Tuukka, who'se your backup? Timmy has been great but he's not 27, he's 37.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Statsny makes $6.6 M which is more then anyone on the team other then Chara. PC has managed the cap up to this point. He has his own players to sign in the future who have contributed to a cup. I like him but no thanks. Too expensive .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_18319466 Put him on the second line with Marchand and Bergeron? Maybe Tuukka and Ryan Spooner for Stasny?
    ......and then we can get Shaquille O'neal to back up Thomas........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Why the h e l l would you want to trade our goalie of the future? TT has been a stud but wont be around for another 4 years. Tuukka will be a top notch goalie for a long time and wont he hitting his prime till about five years from now! He is not being traded, this proposal is just silly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Seguin is the one that should play with Bergy and Marchand and we will witness the rise of a superstar!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I would say yes to this trade but because of Stasny's salary I'd have to say no ..not that I have no confidence in Rask but I think Khudobin will be the next big thing in the NHL ....and yes Stasny with Marchand and Bergeron would be unreal ! !  I wouldnt be surprised to see Rask traded before Friday night ...I think PC got Khudobin for that purpose ...and I really believe that Khudobin will become a MEGA STAR in the NHL ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I am fine with the idea of dealing Tuukka.  Thomas is 37 but could very easily play well for 2, 3, 4 years?  The second best goalie in the playoffs was Roloson, and he's 41.  Tuukka is young, but age doesn't matter when building a team in the cap era.  All that matters is years to free agency.  By the time Thomas starts to decline, Rask will have come up for contract and is getting close to UFA status.  It might be wise to deal him now when he would bring high return and spend the next 3 years trying to get TT's eventual replacement.  That said, I wouldn't deal him for Stasny.  He's good, but pricey.  The one thing the Bruins could use is cheap, young talent.  You need it to have the depth the B's had last year.  Seguin, Marchand and Peverley filled the role, but within a year that edge will be gone.  I would be happy with a Kessel type deal, one that saw Tuukka go for a bounty of draft picks or prospects.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

All players are trade material, the problem is getting value back.  Rask will play 30 to 40 games in the next few years.  His play will improve, rebounds seem to be a weakness in his game.  Meanwhile the career of Thomas will be longer as he will not play as many games.  As so many have pointed out on here, the goalie tandem is set both in skill and cap space.  Why would anyone want a situation like Philly where you are a goaltender away from winning the Cup year after year.  Not a game the Bs need to play at this point.  The Bs have options with smart free agent and contract signings by PC.  Stay the course. It is better to build through free agency (no loss of NHL players) when a management team has cap space. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I'm fine with them keeping Tuukka.  But they are not set in terms of cap space.  They are only set for this year.  Rask will be an RFA and getting closer to UFA status.  His trade value will drop.  If TT is going to be the man for 3 years or so, something is going to have to give.  Easier to make a trade now and have several years to find a Thomas repacement.  Of course, the other option is to play out the year and try to deal Thomas at the end of the coming season when his no-trade comes off.  I suspect this is what they will do, but it might be tough to part ways if he has another great year.  Tuukka might also get cranky being the back up.  He might want a trade so he can play, he's certainly good enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinBuff. Show BruinBuff's posts

Stanley Cup to Bruins is Right...I've been saying that since the aquired Khudobin!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Here's a thought that's a bit of a stretch:  if Col really wants a goalie, would the second overall pick come into play to land a young #1 stopper?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Never even heard of Khudobin to be honest.....but I believe in the people on this boards to know their stuff.  I am a big Tuuka fan, would not want to see him go, he will be a top 5 tender in the league for the next dozen years once he becomes a starter!  If this Khudobin kid is going to be 'as good' then pull off the trade, but I'd like to see it for a d-man versus a forward, the organization depth that is or will eb ready in the next 2-3 seasons is up front!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

In Response to Re: Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka? : I would say yes to this trade but because of Stasny's salary I'd have to say no ..not that I have no confidence in Rask but I think Khudobin will be the next big thing in the NHL ....and yes Stasny with Marchand and Bergeron would be unreal ! !  I wouldnt be surprised to see Rask traded before Friday night ...I think PC got Khudobin for that purpose ...and I really believe that Khudobin will become a MEGA STAR in the NHL ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

Hey Stanley serious question here.  Why are you, and many others here, so high on Khudobruin?  It's a pretty small sample size to be declaring him the next one.  Goalies especially, are hard to predict developmental wise.  Some guys come out of the blue and shine while other can't misses falter.  What is it about Khudobruin you like so much? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]It's official! The silly season is now open, ladies and gentlemen.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

The "silly season" is always open on this board Wheat!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

You have to have some fun waiting for the next cup.  Last time it took almost 40 years...

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka? : The "silly season" is always open on this board Wheat!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ok I'll join in OatesCam TUUKKA ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE tada...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

so spooner and tuukka for stasny. wow first of all why would u do that if your colorado? do u read the article?colorado is kicking around names like jonathan quick and ryan suter. were did u come up with the bruins back-up goalie and a bruins prospect that has played what 3 games for providence? would u do that if u were the colorado gm? what if u were the bruins gm 6.6  for stasny is alittle high no? good player but like chowda said that would make him the 2nd highest payed player on the bruins. try again!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

No thanks.  We really don't need another center.  And before you say, 'we'll just move him to the wing', Stastny is a lousy skater, slow and wide radius turns.  Doesn't forecheck much either.  He is a playmaker with good hockey sense, but is only a center positionally.  I don't think he would be a good fit on this team at all.

Let's not underestimate Rask's value either.  This is a guy who had a Vezina caliber season last year, he's very young, and our current starter is quite old.  I agree with yep above that he could be a top 5 goalie in the league.  I see no reason at all to move Rask unless the Bruins are blown away by the deal.

Nobody would use the #2 overall pick on a goalie.  I believe that TSN has the top rated goalie going at around #30 in the draft.  Colorado will take Larsson or Landeskog with that pick.  I can't see them using their #11 pick on a goalie either.

Sections
Shortcuts