Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Re: Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?

Correct me if I'm wrong but TT has 2 mores years left in his contract.

If so, you keep Rask and really alternate next season with TT and Rask between the pipes, and see how both goalies perform

They must also keep an eye on Khudobin next season, if he's really the next big thing in NHL.

But soon or later (a year from now) they will have to make a move

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?:
    [QUOTE]No thanks.  We really don't need another center.  And before you say, 'we'll just move him to the wing', Stastny is a lousy skater, slow and wide radius turns.  Doesn't forecheck much either.  He is a playmaker with good hockey sense, but is only a center positionally.  I don't think he would be a good fit on this team at all. Let's not underestimate Rask's value either.  This is a guy who had a Vezina caliber season last year, he's very young, and our current starter is quite old.  I agree with yep above that he could be a top 5 goalie in the league.  I see no reason at all to move Rask unless the Bruins are blown away by the deal. Nobody would use the #2 overall pick on a goalie.  I believe that TSN has the top rated goalie going at around #30 in the draft.  Colorado will take Larsson or Landeskog with that pick.  I can't see them using their #11 pick on a goalie either.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

i know u have the pulse of what it is really like in Colorado and have seen stasny on a regular basis. the numbers look good but 6.6 doesnt add up to the output. i wasnt trying to sell tuukka short its just it doesnt make sense for either side. boston has a great backup soon to be starter and doesnt need overpriced player! on colorado's side they could easly great more for a player like stasny. better now with cap going up too for moving him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

[QUOTE]Never even heard of Khudobin to be honest.....but I believe in the people on this boards to know their stuff.  I am a big Tuuka fan, would not want to see him go, he will be a top 5 tender in the league for the next dozen years once he becomes a starter!  If this Khudobin kid is going to be 'as good' then pull off the trade, but I'd like to see it for a d-man versus a forward, the organization depth that is or will eb ready in the next 2-3 seasons is up front!
    Posted by yep123[/QUOTE]

Khudobin has put up some excellene numbers in the ECHL and the AHL, but he's only played a total of 2, maybe 3 games in the Show. He's still unproven. Don't mind Stanley, now that Wheeler's gone he had to find someone else to obsess over. He's a good poster, but he doesn't know as much as others on this board might (Dez, NAS, Red, SanDog, etc.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Last time I checked, Khudobin is a restricted free agent. I read somewhere that he was mulling over going back to Russia, which is a shame because if he waited for two more years, he would be a perfect compliment for Rask once Thomas leaves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]Last time I checked, Khudobin is a restricted free agent. I read somewhere that he was mulling over going back to Russia, which is a shame because if he waited for two more years, he would be a perfect compliment for Rask once Thomas leaves.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]
    According to capgeek, he's an UFA of some sort: http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=956

We probably shouldn't bank on him being around.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from darrenryan. Show darrenryan's posts

if your Tuukka Rask are you resigning with the Bruins knowing it might be 2-3 more years before you are the starter?.....heck no....he could go somewhere else and start right away

If im the Bruins, im atleast looking into the possibilty of seeing what is out there for Him...there are some good free agents this yr that could back up Timmy,  and after Timmy retires in 3 years, by then we should have been able to develop another prospect

I would look to Colorado, but not for Statsny

To Colorado

Tuukka Rask
    # 9 overall

To Boston

#2 overall

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

ahhhhhh, new Bruins fans. I do appreciate the enthusiasm though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

That's the spirit Sandog!

[QUOTE]Ok I'll join in OatesCam TUUKKA ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE tada...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If he goes back to Russia, the Bruins retain his rights and he plays against men in the KHL.  That's acutally the best scenario possible if they don't need him in Boston.

[QUOTE]Last time I checked, Khudobin is a restricted free agent. I read somewhere that he was mulling over going back to Russia, which is a shame because if he waited for two more years, he would be a perfect compliment for Rask once Thomas leaves.
    Posted by BruinsFanInPenTerritory[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]I am fine with the idea of dealing Tuukka.  Thomas is 37 but could very easily play well for 2, 3, 4 years?  The second best goalie in the playoffs was Roloson, and he's 41.  Tuukka is young, but age doesn't matter when building a team in the cap era.  All that matters is years to free agency.  By the time Thomas starts to decline, Rask will have come up for contract and is getting close to UFA status. 
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

I think any credible GM has to consider all deals, including trading any of the goalies.  As to the above comment, Im not sure if Id compare Thomas at 41 to Roloson, simply because of the style issue.  Thomas had a season for the ages this year, but I'd guess it is possible that his acrobatic style might be more difficult to maintain into his 40's.  Last year apparently his problems stemmed from the hip injury, which also goes to this point.  What does he have left, 2 years on the contract, maybe 3-4 as a starter in the NHL?

Watching Roloson closely he does appear to have an economy of movement which has to help him as he ages.

So, I'd want a big return for Rask.  I agree though, that they need to make a decision on him fairly soon. Rask had mixed results last year, but never really had the chance to play his issues out like Fleury did.  As someone said, he did have a Vezina-caliber year when he was handed the job, and he is still so young.  Finally, I have to assume that he will have zero interest sitting on Boston's bench for the next few years.  He will not progress as a goaltender in the NHL opening the bench door all night.

Colorado is an ideal landing spot for Tuukka, but Stastny is too expensive.  I would not be interested in draft picks.  This team is young as it is, and need NHL ready players for a trade this high-end.

Not sure about Khudobin.  Hasnt played enough at this level to prove anything.

This is a tough call for PC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

My bad on Khudobin being an RFA. It looks like he's free as a bird as an UFA. Good point, OatsCam on having him play against good competition in the KHL. I just don't want him to turn into another Carl Soderberg (yes, I'm dropping his name after all of these years) and not return to the NHL.

And for the last time ... anyone who thinks it's a wise decision to trade Rask doesn't know their puck. Thomas has a surgically-repaired hip, is 37 years old, and only played in 57 games during his best-ever season in 2010-2011. Rask has a cap-friendly deal and shouldn't take the blame for the Flyers debacle. There's just no sense in changing the team's goaltending situation at this point.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

I wouldnt be surprised to see Rask moved.  Ive been hoping for it for a while honestly, but when you look at contract lengths, amounts, who's done what, who's worth what (in and out of the Bruins) I think Rask is the odd man out. 

I dont know how they make him continue to ride the pine while Thomas plays out of his mind.  We ALL know how good Thomas IS, no arguing there (unless youre one of the know-nothing trolls who post here begging & praying for Thomas to be injured or to post back-to-back good games, etc.).  But my point is, do you trade Tuukka for a HIGH price because he is supposedly worth a lot, or do you have him back up Thomas until Thomas is done?  I say deal him, and here is why:

Look at who the second best goalie this post season was:  Roloson.  I honestly believe he was better than Luongo, and he's 41.  He is still going strong and is a very good goalie.  He had to change his style, but he did and he is still competitive.  There is NO reason that Thomas couldnt go another 4 seasons.  His heart alone could carry him that long.  Plus, he doesnt have the miles on him like most NHL goalies.  He is young compared to a guy like Luongo who is 32 and has played DOUBLE the time Thomas has.

You never know whats going to happen, he could be injured and forced to retire in the first game next year.  BUT, at the same time Rask might never pan out and Boston could lose out on something big for him now.  You build hockey clubs like Boston for the NOW (out to a few years) and right now, due to contracts, performance, trade value, etc., Rask is the odd man out in my opinion.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have a great idea.  Trade for a guy that will be the highest paid player on the team...but don't play him on the first line.

Every team needs a $6.6M second liner.

Dear Basketball fan,

Thanks for stopping by.  Read more.  Post less.  Save your links to your stupid rumor sites for your Twitter account or your Bebo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

OK well, let's trade Tuukka for Stastny. ho is going to be our back up goalie?? When Thomas retires, Who is our number #1 goalie???

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

When is Thomas retiring?  I must have missed that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Again, the Bruins shouldn't even consider this.  The Avs have every reason to trade Stastny and they are almost desperate to do so.  He is no longer the #1 center (thank you Matt Duchene) and he is not skilled enough to play wing.  He gets injured a lot.  He has been disgruntled and his father publicly ripped the organization over the Stewart-Johnson trade with St. Louis (which happened to be a good trade for them).  On top of all that, his salary is preposterous.  Even more so for a team that sets their cap at around $40+/- million.

So I think Colorado would love to get Rask for Stastny, straight up (they have no NHL goalies).  And I think the Bruins should walk away laughing.

If the Bruins are going to move one of their goalies, it better be a Kessel-esqe type of deal.  Because they don't need to move anyone.  Last year they decided to go with depth and keep two goalies despite a lot of ideas about trading one of them.  How'd that work out for them?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Anton Khudobin is 4-1 in 6 NHL starts but at 25 years old you would think he would need more starts to be a full time back up.

Why would PC trade a 23 year old goalie who out dueled Ryan Miller and a 103 point Buffalo team a year ago ? TUUKKA AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Anton Khudobin is 4-1 in 6 NHL starts but at 25 years old you would think he would need more starts to be a full time back up. Why would PC trade a 23 year old goalie who out dueled Ryan Miller and a 103 point Buffalo team a year ago ? TUUKKA AIN'T GOING ANYWHERE...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Please refrain from applying logic.  It confuses the Pink Helmets.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Let's say TT does get hurt. Then what? We end up in Philly land. You don't trade a 23 yr old goalie that has Rask's ability. And for those of you that are saying Rask is upset; will be upset about not playing? How do you know how the guy feels? I'm sure he wants to play; but maybe he loves this team he's on! Maybe that makes him more happy & is more important right now! Maybe he has lots of patience & is more than willing to bide his time. Staying on a contending team & playing 40 games is a lot easier; then playing on team that is borderline & you're playing 70! Until I actually hear Rask; or his agent complain about playing time. I'm going to think that Rask is content right where he is. BTW- speaking of Rask? Has anyone else watched the video on the BB's website for "I'm coming home" Rask is on the plane with the hockey helmet on! HE WAS HAVING A GREAT TIME!! lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IShawnPI. Show IShawnPI's posts

[QUOTE]I only want to shop the #9 pick and Ryan Spooner (our top prospect).  I don't want to include Rask.  But there may come a point where we need to make a decision there.  Will Rask want to re-sign here if Thomas is going to play out his contract?  Would Thomas bring back a better return on the trade market? *Come to think of it, I'd definitely keep both goalies and let it play out.  We should have a schedule for starts, so Rask can play more.
    Posted by mattc355[/QUOTE]

I dont know much about Spooner but I did go to one of the rookie games last year and this kid was ALL over the ice. I personally wanna see him stick around. Hes small but man that kid has jets. Looked faster than Seguin to me. Pretty much the only player to impress me in that game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

If it's rask it better be for Matt Duschene to start..and add from there/

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

this papa guy normally comes around to defend his lunacy, maybe hes learning

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]this papa guy normally comes around to defend his lunacy, maybe hes learning
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]

It's not his fault that he reads the worst websites and decides to post their stupid ideas here. 

When the B's sign JovoCop for $6M and get Gagne for one year, we'll all have egg on our faces.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

I'd want Duchene AND Colorado's 2nd overall pick before I even entertained the idea of moving Tuukka. Stastny has no place on the B's with Seguin, Bergeron, and Krejci. Top young goaltenders are a rarity, as all of these teams scrambling around trying to pick up their marbles are finding out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka? : Hey Stanley serious question here.  Why are you, and many others here, so high on Khudobruin?  It's a pretty small sample size to be declaring him the next one.  Goalies especially, are hard to predict developmental wise.  Some guys come out of the blue and shine while other can't misses falter.  What is it about Khudobruin you like so much? 
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]
    Minny was fairly quick to give up on this "budding megastar". So far Khudo has been a good AHL'er. How this equates to mega star is beyond me also scooter.