Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Re: Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?

Besides CO. needs to take on salary; not deplete it! So unless it's a salary swap as well; Paul will be staying where he is!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I wouldnt be surprised to see Rask traded before Friday night ...I think PC got Khudobin for that purpose ...and I really believe that Khudobin will become a MEGA STAR in the NHL --StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

I thought so too, as Tuuka has had issues. But PC of course seems to be letting Khudobin walk, because K wants to play in the NHL. Why not trade Tuuka for some good return rather than let Khudobin, who we traded high scoring Lehtonen for, walk? This attitude of PC about letting assets (picks, players) go for little or nothing bugs me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Avs may give up Paul Stasny for a goalie, how about Tuukka?:
    [QUOTE] I wouldnt be surprised to see Rask traded before Friday night ...I think PC got Khudobin for that purpose ...and I really believe that Khudobin will become a MEGA STAR in the NHL --StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011 I thought so too, as Tuuka has had issues. But PC of course seems to be letting Khudobin walk, because K wants to play in the NHL. Why not trade Tuuka for some good return rather than let Khudobin, who we traded high scoring Lehtonen for, walk? This attitude of PC about letting assets (picks, players) go for little or nothing bugs me.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?

1. We got Kubodin for free.  Lehtonen is a prospect the organization has totally given up on and he's playing in Europe to avoid the rigors of the AHL.  I can't believe we got anything for him.  If Kubodin becomes a servicable AHL goalie than Chiarelli wins that deal.  Anything more is gravy. 

2. Why does everyone love Kubodin so much?  There is practically no sample size of  pro experience to look at at all.  Rask already had a season when he led the NHL in save percentage and was considered for the Vezina.  Maybe Kubodin looks good, but why on earth does anyone think he's better than Rask?  Why?  Based on what?

3. If we learned anything this year, it might be that sticking with the depth of two good NHL goalies, when you don't have to move either one, is a smart move.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

If Kubodin becomes a servicable AHL goalie than Chiarelli wins that deal.  Anything more is gravy. --Fletcher1

How can we have won when it's already circulating that PC is letting him walk?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RechsimusMaximus. Show RechsimusMaximus's posts

[QUOTE]If it's rask it better be for Matt Duschene to start..and add from there/
    Posted by bruinsGENIUS[/QUOTE]

Yeah maybe we can get them to thrown in E. Johnsson and 10 years worth of first round draft picks......

Rask for Duschene - You sound like a dellusional leafs fan(unless your kidding) trade value for goalies sucks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE] If Kubodin becomes a servicable AHL goalie than Chiarelli wins that deal.  Anything more is gravy. --Fletcher1 How can we have won when it's already circulating that PC is letting him walk?

It doesn't seem like PC is letting the guy walk, but he's a UFA and my guess is he would rather start in the KHL and make a lot more money than he would playing in the AHL. I would guess that PC et al are working hard to keep the kid here under a reasonable contract. With Timmy and Tuuka blocking his path to being a starter in the NHL for the foreseeable future, what do you think Khudobin will do?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I think the B's should get something real good for Tuuka, like Zack Kassian, the monster out of Buffalo. He and Looch would be Bash brothers. Then go with Timmay and Khudo, and trade for a serviceable backup such as they had in Auld. I would take Boucher as a backup even in case Khudo fails. But a lot of teams are upgrading and the B's need to replace Kabs and Recchi with real talent and toughness. Thank goodness we have Spooner, he's the real deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE] If Kubodin becomes a servicable AHL goalie than Chiarelli wins that deal.  Anything more is gravy. --Fletcher1 How can we have won when it's already circulating that PC is letting him walk?

For one, PC already let Lehtonen 'walk', so what's the difference?  Leaving Providence to play in Sweden was not part of the development plan.

Secondly, PC is not just letting Khudo "walk" from what I understand.  If Khudo would rather play in the KHL than the AHL, PC is not going to interfere and Boston would retain his NHL rights.  Unlike with Lehtonen, the KHL might be a decent place for a young goalie to continue to develop. 

I'm sure the basis of the trade was 'we'll take your guy that would rather play overseas than in the AHL for our guy that would rather play overseas than in the AHL'.  Lehtonen was never going anywhere in this organization, so PC got what he could for him.  A good young depth goalie with a talent upside, and a Russian downside.