Award Winners Predictions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Award Winners Predictions

Jack Adams- Roy

Norris- Keith

Hart- Ovi

Selke- Backes(although i think it should be Bergie)

Vezina- Rask(respect/still hate his deal).  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Re: Award Winners Predictions

Jon Cooper - Jack Adams

Duncan Keith - James Norris

Patrice Bergeron - Selke (maybe Anze Kopitar is in the mix)

Tuukka Rask - Vezina

Ryan Getzlaf - Hart

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

Give all the awards to non-Bruins. They won't get anything else.

Bruins will get the Big Silverware.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

Jack Adams- Roy

Norris- Keith

Hart- Ovi

Selke- Bergie

There's absolutely no way Backes takes the Selke when Bergeron is a + 32 to Backes +11.  Backes has no shorthanded points either. If he does win it- it's a complete joke.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Don-Bruino's comment:

Give all the awards to non-Bruins. They won't get anything else.

Bruins will get the Big Silverware.

I'm looking forward to it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Jack Adams- Roy

Norris- Keith

Hart- Ovi

Selke- Bergie

There's absolutely no way Backes takes the Selke when Bergeron is a + 32 to Backes +11.  Backes has no shorthanded points either. If he does win it- it's a complete joke.

I'd put Anze Kopitar ahead of Backes with his +25 and 56 points to Backes' 47 points and his +/-.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Jack Adams- Roy

Norris- Keith

Hart- Ovi

Selke- Bergie

I'd put Anze Kopitar ahead of Backes with his +25 and 56 points to Backes' 47 points and his +/-.

But again he doesn't have any shorthanded points. Which is a big importance for "Defensive hockey" which is the description of the Selke Trophy. I like Backes & Kopitar- would take them on my team any day, but they're no Bergeron when it comes to the defensive side of the sport. Bergeron wins this award hands down. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Jack Adams-Torts

Norris-Phaneuf

Hart-Byfyglien

Selke-Ribeiro

Vezina-Lack

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

Jack Adams- Roy

Norris- Keith

Hart- Ovi

Selke- Bergie

I actually forgot about Kopitar.  Bergie should win the thing but wouldnt shock me if he didnt.  I like Getz for Hart mix as well.    

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Calder- Nova Scotia boy McKinnon.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

I actually forgot about Kopitar.  Bergie should win the thing but wouldnt shock me if he didnt.  I like Getz for Hart mix as well.    

[/QUOTE]

I think Getz is this years Tavres who should've won it last year. I don't agree with giving an award to someone who's a minus player like Ovie. How can you be valuable to a team when you're costing your team to give up an extra 31 goals? 

I think the Adams will be a toss up between Roy & Cooper. I think Cooper will win it, but I think Roy should.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Calder- Nova Scotia boy McKinnon.  

I don't think there's any question on this. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Adams: Roy

Norris: Keith

Hart: Crosby

Selke: Bergeron

Vezina: Rask

Calder: MacKinnon

Notes:

Cooper deserves some consideration for Adams, as does Julien.

Ovechkin deserves consideration for Hart, as does Toews and Tavares was in the mix.

I'd have Kopitar ahead of Backes as well. I wonder why Toews is not mentioned as much in this category.

I'd have Pietrangelo behind Keith. I'd like to see Seabrook get some love here. I think he gets overlooked a bit because of Keith. Very good defenseman in his own right.

I think MacKinnon is it hands down. Johnson, Palat and Krug all battling for second place. Would love to see an award for top rookie forward and defenseman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[/QUOTE]

But again he doesn't have any shorthanded points. Which is a big importance for "Defensive hockey" which is the description of the Selke Trophy. I like Backes & Kopitar- would take them on my team any day, but they're no Bergeron when it comes to the defensive side of the sport. Bergeron wins this award hands down. 

[/QUOTE]

I always forget this criteria. And yeah, I'd like to think the Selke's Bergeron's to lose.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

He should and he will.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Jack Adams-Torts

Norris-Phaneuf

Hart-Byfyglien

Selke-Ribeiro

Vezina-Lack

Lol

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Adams: Roy

Norris: Keith

Hart: Crosby

Selke: Bergeron

Vezina: Rask

Calder: MacKinnon

Notes:

Cooper deserves some consideration for Adams, as does Julien.

Ovechkin deserves consideration for Hart, as does Toews and Tavares was in the mix.

I'd have Kopitar ahead of Backes as well. I wonder why Toews is not mentioned as much in this category.

I'd have Pietrangelo behind Keith. I'd like to see Seabrook get some love here. I think he gets overlooked a bit because of Keith. Very good defenseman in his own right.

I think MacKinnon is it hands down. Johnson, Palat and Krug all battling for second place. Would love to see an award for top rookie forward and defenseman.

I like most of this list but I think Ive got Getzlaf ahead of Crosby,

I think Mike Babcock has to be considered (but not win) with the breathtaking amount of injuries to his very best players and both goalies all year long.

Conversely, although his numbers are stellar, Ovechkins DNQ non-playoff team hurts him in my opinion.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Ovechkin's number - not plural.  The only number he has that would put him in the Hart consideration is goals.  His -31 is -14 worse than Backstrom who is second worst on the team. Only Yakupov is worse in the entire league.  I agree with nite - can't be "most valuable" when you're on for that many more goals against at even strength.  Hart to Toews this year.

Agree on Roy.  Cooper would have had a good case, but they're fading.  Bishop might get the Vezina even though Rask has almost identical numbers.  Norris: Keith, Selke: Bergeron (this is the year of Bergeron awareness after the whole deal with his punctured lung last year, his Olympic turn on the top line, and the way the Bruins have played).  Calder has to be MacKinnon, though I hope Krug's a finalist.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The whole system stinks when it comes to awards, grant it the only one that makes an easy pick is the Jack Adams award

Jack Adams- Roy because how he turned this team around

Norris-There should be 2 awards, defensive and offensive combined with defense.

Hart- Most valuable player in the league, def not ovi and theres many that could sit there.

Selke- This one should be decided by a combination of offense defense, faceoffs, pk .

Vezina- This may be the hardest theres about 4 that are close to winning by the numbers.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

The whole system stinks when it comes to awards, grant it the only one that makes an easy pick is the Jack Adams award

Jack Adams- Roy because how he turned this team around

Norris-There should be 2 awards, defensive and offensive combined with defense.

Hart- Most valuable player in the league, def not ovi and theres many that could sit there.

Selke- This one should be decided by a combination of offense defense, faceoffs, pk .

Vezina- This may be the hardest theres about 4 that are close to winning by the numbers.

I dont think the vezina is close.   Rask has had the best start to finish year, has the numbers and is on the best team in the league.   Its been a very weird year for goalies.   Rask has been the best weirdo. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Jack Adams-Torts

Norris-Phaneuf

Hart-Byfyglien

Selke-Ribeiro

Vezina-Lack

This is gold!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I think Craig Berube has a shot at the Adams.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

I think Craig Berube has a shot at the Adams.

I certainly have no problem with putting him in the mix. My biggest case for Pat is how most hockey pundits thought the wheels would fall off once the intial romance of Roy coming back was over. That didn't & isn't going to happen. This team is good & Roy should be rewarded. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I can see both sides with Berube.  Philly was lottery bound early in the year before they made the change, and now they're second in the Metro...today, that is.  A bad week and they could be on the outside, in 10th again, just like last year.  No Adams for that.  If they finish second in the Metro, then yeah, I think you look at him.

It's funny, though, that the Adams is the award for best differential season to season - that's how they seem to interpret "Coach of the Year".  It's almost always the new guy with the fresh approach who gets a bunch of players to buy in who wins (players realizing well, they fired the coach once already...).  Makes sense if you're looking for a way to say what the impact of a coach is: Team A was horrible under Coach X, but they're great under Coach Y!

It would be nice if there was an award that recognized great coaching generally.  Mike Babcock has never won one.  Julien won't win another as long as the Bruins remain at the top of the league.  In the same way you could argue that Babcock has done a great job of surviving a year without his top players, you could argue that Julien has done a remarkable job of integrating new players into a Stanley Cup finalist.  I often forget how huge the turnover has been.  Iginla and Eriksson are new veterans, but Smith, Soderberg, Krug, Hamilton Bartkowski and Miller had all played fewer than 50 NHL games, and only Hamilton was a regular last year.  And they're going to win the division and have the lead in the conference.  That's pretty good for a team that replaced three of its top four RW and more than half of its D.  Plus, Krejci and Lucic have a pretty good shot to meet or exceed career years for points, Rask has maintained Vezina like numbers, and Johnson has been a more than capable backup.  And every kid they bring up has been prepared enough that he doesn't look out of place.

It's telling that even Bruins fan on a Bruin board aren't even raising the idea that this is remarkable coaching.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I can see both sides with Berube.  Philly was lottery bound early in the year before they made the change, and now they're second in the Metro...today, that is.  A bad week and they could be on the outside, in 10th again, just like last year.  No Adams for that.  If they finish second in the Metro, then yeah, I think you look at him.

It's funny, though, that the Adams is the award for best differential season to season - that's how they seem to interpret "Coach of the Year".  It's almost always the new guy with the fresh approach who gets a bunch of players to buy in who wins (players realizing well, they fired the coach once already...).  Makes sense if you're looking for a way to say what the impact of a coach is: Team A was horrible under Coach X, but they're great under Coach Y!

It would be nice if there was an award that recognized great coaching generally.  Mike Babcock has never won one.  Julien won't win another as long as the Bruins remain at the top of the league.  In the same way you could argue that Babcock has done a great job of surviving a year without his top players, you could argue that Julien has done a remarkable job of integrating new players into a Stanley Cup finalist.  I often forget how huge the turnover has been.  Iginla and Eriksson are new veterans, but Smith, Soderberg, Krug, Hamilton Bartkowski and Miller had all played fewer than 50 NHL games, and only Hamilton was a regular last year.  And they're going to win the division and have the lead in the conference.  That's pretty good for a team that replaced three of its top four RW and more than half of its D.  Plus, Krejci and Lucic have a pretty good shot to meet or exceed career years for points, Rask has maintained Vezina like numbers, and Johnson has been a more than capable backup.  And every kid they bring up has been prepared enough that he doesn't look out of place.

It's telling that even Bruins fan on a Bruin board aren't even raising the idea that this is remarkable coaching.

Great post book! And I certainly agree about Babcock & Julien, but the sad thing is that the Adams has been diminished like the Norris Trophy & it becomes who made the better headlines thruout the year that wins some of these awards. It suks because you have say someone like Julien who does his job extremely well, but he won't win for being the best at his trade, because the expectations are already there. No headlines, because there's no surprises. A lot of awards are going to the wrong person because the people voting for them ignore the real creditals. Like Karlesson....Should NEVER be up for a Norris Trophy! Great hockey- player would have him on my team, but he's a rover not a defenseman.  

• Sections
    Shortcuts