Awards- Calder

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Awards- Calder

I hope Saad wins it, but that's because I hate the Habs winning anything. Gallagher has played on a line with a 23 yr old & and another rookie in Galchenyuk for a lot of this season. He's certainly on his way to being Montreal's version of Brad Marchand. Goes to the net hard, isn't afraid of the corners & wins more puck battles than not when he does. If he was a Bruin I'd love him as a player. Saad played pretty much all season with Toews & Hossa. Can't fault him for making the best of that. However, I don't think it's coincidence that Lars Eller had his best season playing with someone like Gallagher. Gallagher wins this! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Awards- Calder

Huberdeau should win in a landslide. He's the only rookie who was arguably his team's best player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Huberdeau should win in a landslide. He's the only rookie who was arguably his team's best player.

Started off real fast, then kind of slowed down. He may win it, but I have to go with Gallagher, he scored some big goals for a team that won it's division.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Huberdeau shouldn't be punished for having no linemates. He's a special player and his career numbers are going to destroy Gallagher's output. Galchenyuk was very good in Montreal also.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Huberdeau played the season with such awesome linemates as Drew Shore and Shawn Matthias.

He played all three zones.

No possible competition.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Huberdeau played the season with such awesome linemates as Drew Shore and Shawn Matthias.

He played all three zones.

No possible competition.

I hate to break this to you NAS, but they've had some guys for the PHWA on the NHL radio over the past week. They all said that your boy was certainly talked about for the 1st month of the season, but his play tapered off. Out of the 4 voters I heard 2 have picked Saad & the others picked Gallagher & a lot of their collegues are in the same distinction. So, unless the collegues are lying to one another it doesn't look good for Jonathan. 

Sections
Shortcuts