Awards- Hart

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Awards- Hart

I'll put it another way, I don't think Ovechkin would have the goals and points this year if he had Grabner, Boyes and Moulson as linemates. This years version of the Great 8 relies more on players like Ribeiro or Backstrom than he did when he was unconsious a few years ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Are we talking about the 2008 or 2009 Hart trophy ?

No reason for me to care about what Ovechkin did years ago when talking about this years Hart trophy.

@Kelv Backstrom ended up with the 3rd most assists in the league this year. He didn't have zero assists when Ovechkin was slumping.

Well, there is a reason to care about what he's done in the past when you state that he needs Backstrom to succeed.  He's proven that he doesn't.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I'll put it another way, I don't think Ovechkin would have the goals and points this year if he had Grabner, Boyes and Moulson as linemates. This years version of the Great 8 relies more on players like Ribeiro or Backstrom than he did when he was unconsious a few years ago.

o.k., that's better. I agree that ovie has benefited from plenty of well placed passes on the power-play, it's just different from saying he needs Backstrom to be good (which IMO he clearly doesnt)

Tavares is a deserving MVP guy though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Backstrom is too good of a player not to have a positive effect on his linemates. But to me, Ovechkin like he has done for the past month, just needs to be Ovechkin to be succesful. That full speed, bull in a china shop with a wicked shot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Backstrom is too good of a player not to have a positive effect on his linemates. But to me, Ovechkin like he has done for the past month, just needs to be Ovechkin to be succesful. That full speed, bull in a china shop with a wicked shot.

It's so odd that, that IT went away then came back. Glad it is back though so much fun too watch for sure.