Awards- Norris

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Awards- Norris

Norris Memorial Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League's top defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position".

This is the one award that pisses me off the most. Lindstom was AWESOME & deserved everything he's ever won. I want to make this clear before I go on my little rant. What bugs me is the inconsistencies of the PHWA in  how they vote. There were at least 2 yrs where Lindstom wasn't the best offensive d-man & STILL WON IT! I think Eric Karlesson is an amazing talent & his numbers last year were great, BUT ^^^^see the big bold words^^^^. The guy didn't play hardly at all on the PK! So, how can you award him an award where the words "all-around ability." are in there. Is PK not part of the "all around ability"?  Since this has probably been Chara's worst as a Bruin since his 1st yr in 06'. I won't pick him. 

I don't want to pick this guy, but I'm taking him on principle. If the Yotes would've made the play-offs I'd take Yandle, because he was Mr. Everything this yr. So, it's Letang who I'm giving it to on principle, because I don't think Subban deserves it until he cleans his act up. He's still acting like a punk & I don't believe when you act that way you should be awarded for it. I sure hope the PHWA feels the same way.

Shupe & Kel? I'm with you on the kids talent & I  said he's one of my favourite players to watch when he plays the game the right way. I think he's going to be a winner someday, but please back me on this. Last night, Markov gives Wheeler a cross check, Wheeler gives one back, PK comes in & smacks Wheeler, then Ladd comes in and pushes PK & the piece of kief skates away. Ladd gets the penalty for roughing & PK waves bye, bye to Ladd as he's skating to the box! He does this all the time & if there's a guy who picks his spots to fight it's this punkish little biatch! Fights one of the smallest guys in the league in Marchand, but makes it look like he'll fight anyone, but turtles, or skates away. And he's still DIVING!!

Ya know before Lucic got a hold of him. I was hoping somebody was going to go after Aulie. He was really throwing some extra shots. When he gave Lucic one to many. He took what he was asking for. I respect that, except I don't agree with him wearing the visor if he's gonna play like that. But, letting that slide he tried to fight back against one of the toughest in the league. He didn't turtle, he didn't pretend to fall. He took what he had coming. That's the right way to play! So until PK cleans his act up A LOT MORE I think it'll be a travestry to give him any award. Unless they have one called the PAB award. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Awards- Norris

Suter.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Good call & no complaints from me. Didn't he have a really rough start though? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

P.K Subban

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Not sure where my earlier reply went so I'll try again. Yes Nite, Suter had a tough start only to end up 3rd in D scoring while logging more minutes than any player in the league. He ended up being exactly the player the Wild were hoping for when they signed him. Do you think they miss him in Nashville?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Not sure where my earlier reply went so I'll try again. Yes Nite, Suter had a tough start only to end up 3rd in D scoring while logging more minutes than any player in the league. He ended up being exactly the player the Wild were hoping for when they signed him. Do you think they miss him in Nashville?

If Nashville doesn't. I'm pretty sure Weber does! lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

P.K Subban

Dick! lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

P.K Subban

My choice also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Ok, I'll say it; Why not Chara? If I'm starting a team tomorrow and I have 1st pick of all the defencemen out there.

I'm picking Chara.

I think alot of NHL Coaches might too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to gord11's comment:

Ok, I'll say it; Why not Chara? If I'm starting a team tomorrow and I have 1st pick of all the defencemen out there.

I'm picking Chara.

Most people aren't considering Chara because he has had a down year by his standards. There are others more deserving of the award this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm picking Chara.

Starting a team: Karlsson

Need to win one game: Chara

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

I dunno.

Chara has a big hand - with all the minutes he plays - in some of Boston's most compelling and winning defensive stats;

3rd fewest Goals allowed in the League

(Tuukka would be the first to say he didn't get his Top 3 GAA and SP by himself)

Bruins 2nd Place in the East.

He should be a Finalist at least.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Chara's +/- better than PK's....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I'm picking Chara.

Agreed On karlsson and chara.  

look i didnt think pk subban would be up for it or win it this year.  I think he will be a final three and will win.  I think some main stays have had off yrs.  combine this with pk game changing ability and stats will give him the win.  

aulie has been doing that all year.  he deserved and bit off more then he could chew.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Chara's +/- better than PK's....

So what.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

I'm picking Chara.

I respect the love for Chara, he's definitely a beast, but I think Karlsson gives you more of everything at this point. He's the best defensemen in the league hands down IMO.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I see a lot of Karlsson. He's incredibly quick, and I don't think his stick is much shorter than Chara's so he's gotten very good at using the stick to compensate for his lack of strength.  He'll never be the pure defender Chara is, but with his quickness, he's a threat to turn a picked off pass the other way for a goal.  And he's the best shooter among D right now - not hardest, but best.  If not for Cooke, he could well have defended.

I think it will be Suter.  Perception on Subban is still that he's too much runaround Sue.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Remember, OC, many people here don't watch other teams very much at all.  Instead, they form their opinions based on what others say in message boards.  Therefore, Karlsson isn't a good defenseman.  He just gets a lot of points.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I also see a lot of Ottawa and Montreal games.  Karlsson might be the best skater among the top D but Subban is not far behind.  Karlsson does have a nice shot, does not have to be hard but precise. Subban has a hard (heavy hehehehe) shot .  While Karlsson might have just a little more all around offense Subban is a much better defender, hands down. 

Suter I don't see enough of him and when I did he was a predator with Weber whom would steal the show.  

I don't think the will give it to Subban just yet , he might deserve it ,  Suter will win it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I see a lot of Karlsson. He's incredibly quick, and I don't think his stick is much shorter than Chara's so he's gotten very good at using the stick to compensate for his lack of strength.  He'll never be the pure defender Chara is, but with his quickness, he's a threat to turn a picked off pass the other way for a goal.  And he's the best shooter among D right now - not hardest, but best.  If not for Cooke, he could well have defended.

I think it will be Suter.  Perception on Subban is still that he's too much runaround Sue.

Best shooter. Absolute terrific point Book. Subbans one timer is Stamkos like lethal, and he has real good aim with it as well, not easy to do. But to your point, Karlsson gets off more wristers fromt he point that are not only on net but very well placed. Subban was improved at this, didnt force the slapper as much, but Karlsson has it down to a science. Quick low hard wrist shot that seems to find it's way into one of the corners on net no matter how much traffic....I'd also add he is phenomonal at passing from the point and putting himself in position to recieve passes at the point.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Let me just say that I think that Karlsson and Subban and the like are very good defensemen, are valuable, but I don't think they have nearly as much of an impact on the game as an all around guy like Chara, or Suter, or in the past, lidstrom, pronger, and the like. 

This year, I think the discussion begins and ends with Suter. He wins in a run away for me. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

1. suter

2. letang

3. subban

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

Let me just say that I think that Karlsson and Subban and the like are very good defensemen, are valuable, but I don't think they have nearly as much of an impact on the game as an all around guy like Chara, or Suter, or in the past, lidstrom, pronger, and the like. 

This year, I think the discussion begins and ends with Suter. He wins in a run away for me. 

As soon as Subban takes the ice, the other team is on alert.  He's one of the few end-to-end threats in the game today.  He throws big checks.  For my own eyes in person, I've never seen (or at least focused on) a better shooting defenseman.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If I was starting a team my top 5 D would be. 1. Chara 2. Karlesson 3. Weber 4. Subban (If he'd stop being a punk he'd be right behind Chara. 5. Suter

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The point shots are one thing with Karlsson, but he can roof it in tight like a forward or pick a spot from the circle, too.  And to the point about teams being aware when a guy's on the ice, Karlsson changes the game because teams are very cautious about making passes that he might jump on and head the other way.  More even than they are with Subban.  Before the injury, I wrote here that Karlsson this year is miles better defensively than Karlsson last year - better at getting and using leverage, at using his stick, and maintaining position and generally doing with quickness what most D have to do with strength. 

Sections
Shortcuts