Awards- Selke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Awards- Selke

If this shows up twice my apologies. The 1st one I did doesn't seem to be here.

Selke Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League forward who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game.

I think this is a no brainer this season & my favourite Bruin wins it again & that's Bergeron- If I have to explain why then you shouldn't be in any kind of a hockey discussion board. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Re: Awards- Selke

no brainer Bergeron wins this

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Agree.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

Bergeron should win it. He is the epitome of a two-way, team oriented forward.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

If this shows up twice my apologies. The 1st one I did doesn't seem to be here.

Selke Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League forward who demonstrates the most skill in the defensive component of the game.

I think this is a no brainer this season & my favourite Bruin wins it again & that's Bergeron- If I have to explain why then you shouldn't be in any kind of a hockey discussion board. 

For sure

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

I only opened this thread to see if anyone was trying to say someone other than Bergeron.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I only opened this thread to see if anyone was trying to say someone other than Bergeron.

Nice! LOL

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

I agree with Bergeron. However, I can see someone like Toews winning it due to somebody from the Hawks having to win an individual award, due to their epic regular season. Toews was in the running for the Selke a few years ago as well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'd say that Toews is the only other player who could get it over Bergeron.

Hoping that this association rings true 10-15 years from now:

Lidstrom is to Norris as Bergeron is to Selke.

I don't think it's far fetched.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Berg is a "no brainer", a phrase that's taken on a different meaning in today's society. If anybody saw the kimmel coachella bit where Generation-fakebookers praise bands that dont exist, you know what i mean.

Cooke for mast. easily the most "offensive".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

If Cooke votes in Cooke, we should vote in Marchand. The guy who has legitimately turned his game around, and is a bona-fide goal scorer now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

If Cooke votes in Cooke, we should vote in Marchand. The guy who has legitimately turned his game around, and is a bona-fide goal scorer now.

Marchand's always been a bona-fide goal scorer, other than his 20 game rookie Bruins season. He's just less of a brat now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

He's scoring goals at a higher rate now than he did before.

I'm just flipping the logic on Pittsburgh's disgraceful nomination. He's arguably worse than Ulf Samuelsson.

Oh, you haven't committed any totally egregious acts this year, just a few questionable ones? No doubt, you're our candidate for this award.

I don't view Marchand as a brat at all anymore. I haven't seen him do any more post-whistle or behind the play crap than Krejci or Bergeron this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Bergeron is deserving but I think Toews wins it. Datsyuk is in the running of course but I think Bergeron and Toews are both more deserving. Not that the most deserving candidate always wins. But usually, as with all the individual awards, the winner is deserving but not always the MOST deserving. Once in a while they just get it wrong.

I'm still bothered by the 1990 Hart going to Messier, not that he wasn't great that year, but Bourque really deserved it. He got jobbed by a few canadien voters who left him off their ballots.

Paul Coffey won a couple Norris Trophies he didn't deserve as did Karlsson last year. Unless they changed the award to best offensive defensemen and I missed it :P

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

Paul Coffey won a couple Norris Trophies he didn't deserve as did Karlsson last year. Unless they changed the award to best offensive defensemen and I missed it :P

Offensive defenseman do generate a lot more Norris attention than they should. It should be a requirement that the winner of the Norris actually plays good defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Hard to play good defense in the NHL when you weigh a mere 175 pounds. He's sick offensively, but come on....anybody with decent strength can just take him outside.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I think pascal dupuis has an outside shot.  He was mentioned the other night whivh made me think he'd be in the running.  Great offensive season , kills pims, +30.   

No one but Datsyuk in my mind would ever overpass Bergie but Dupuis isnt a bad selection.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They award the Selke to the best two-way forward - as such it is between Toews and Bergeron.

But the award is supposed to go to the best defensive forward in the league. Under that, Bergeron is the clear winner. But they don't award it based on the official criteria - if they did then John Madden would have won it 5 or 6 years in a row (and if you don't think Madden was the best defensive forward in the league during his prime, you either never watched him or don't understand hockey).

So it will be Toews or Bergeron, and I'd bet on Toews as compensation for him not winning the Hart.

Not who should win, but I think Toews will be the one who does win.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

edit

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I have to laugh at the homerism. Bergeron is by far my favorite guy on the team to watch and cheer for, but to say that he is in a class of his own is simply not true. Some of you need to watch more Chicago, NYI and Detroit games.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

I have to laugh at the homerism. Bergeron is by far my favorite guy on the team to watch and cheer for, but to say that he is in a class of his own is simply not true. Some of you need to watch more Chicago, NYI and Detroit games.

Ironic though that your avatar is a photo of Bergeron chasing down the puck before it goes into the net. Nice defensive play -  it epitomizes his overall play.

Not necessarily in a class of his own...but at the top of his class.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Who said this? And I watch every team in the league except Fla. Bergeron is the best defensive forward. PERIOD! Thx for coming out! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bergeron in a landslide, but I will say that I have watched the Red Wings alot this year, and since Lidstrom has retired Datsyuk seems to have even more resposibilty defensivley. I think he's had even a better in in that respect then he's had when he won a Selke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Bergeron in a landslide, but I will say that I have watched the Red Wings alot this year, and since Lidstrom has retired Datsyuk seems to have even more resposibilty defensivley. I think he's had even a better in in that respect then he's had when he won a Selke.

Datsyuk is an amazing talent who is a pleasure to watch.  

Sections
Shortcuts