Awards- Selke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Awards- Selke

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Bergeron in a landslide, but I will say that I have watched the Red Wings alot this year, and since Lidstrom has retired Datsyuk seems to have even more resposibilty defensivley. I think he's had even a better year in in that respect then he's had when he won a Selke.

Datsyuk is an amazing talent who is a pleasure to watch.  

Wouldn't suprise me if down the road Jonathan Toews won one. His overall game is terrific, and getting better.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Bergeron in a landslide, but I will say that I have watched the Red Wings alot this year, and since Lidstrom has retired Datsyuk seems to have even more resposibilty defensivley. I think he's had even a better in in that respect then he's had when he won a Selke.

Kel, the guy is just a"disgustingly sick" hockey player, but I put Bergeron ahead of him now because of his face-offs abilities. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Bergeron in a landslide, but I will say that I have watched the Red Wings alot this year, and since Lidstrom has retired Datsyuk seems to have even more resposibilty defensivley. I think he's had even a better in in that respect then he's had when he won a Selke.

Kel, the guy is just a"disgustingly sick" hockey player, but I put Bergeron ahead of him now because of his face-offs abilities. 

Also because Bruins team D allowed fewer goals

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

In response to asmaha's comment:

I have to laugh at the homerism. Bergeron is by far my favorite guy on the team to watch and cheer for, but to say that he is in a class of his own is simply not true. Some of you need to watch more Chicago, NYI and Detroit games.

Ironic though that your avatar is a photo of Bergeron chasing down the puck before it goes into the net. Nice defensive play -  it epitomizes his overall play.

Not necessarily in a class of his own...but at the top of his class.

Agree...I can put aside my man crush and understand that Toews, Datsyuk and Tavares are all pretty amazing 2-way players as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I have to laugh at the homerism. Bergeron is by far my favorite guy on the team to watch and cheer for, but to say that he is in a class of his own is simply not true. Some of you need to watch more Chicago, NYI and Detroit games.

Who said this? And I watch every team in the league except Fla. Bergeron is the best defensive forward. PERIOD! Thx for coming out! 

Um. You're welcome? Glad to be out?

But you did bust out the ALL CAPS there, so I guess you're right. Just for giggles...what is it exactly that makes Bergeron the best defensive forward in your mind PERIOD? Is it his weak-side pressure to eliminate passing lanes? Because Tavares does a pretty darn good job at that. Is it his ability to come away with the puck from below the goal line? Because Toews rarely ever comes away from the boards without possession. Is it his ability to curl and transition with sick outlet passes when seemingly none exist? Um...Datsyuk kinda has this down. Faceoffs? Yup, Bergeron's a beast.

But I suppose if Bergeron doesn't win it, it'll be highway robbery because he's the best. PERIOD.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Who said this? And I watch every team in the league except Fla. Bergeron is the best defensive forward. PERIOD! Thx for coming out! 

Um. You're welcome? Glad to be out?

But you did bust out the ALL CAPS there, so I guess you're right. Just for giggles...what is it exactly that makes Bergeron the best defensive forward in your mind PERIOD? Is it his weak-side pressure to eliminate passing lanes? Because Tavares does a pretty darn good job at that. Is it his ability to come away with the puck from below the goal line? Because Toews rarely ever comes away from the boards without possession. Is it his ability to curl and transition with sick outlet passes when seemingly none exist? Um...Datsyuk kinda has this down. Faceoffs? Yup, Bergeron's a beast.

But I suppose if Bergeron doesn't win it, it'll be highway robbery because he's the best. PERIOD.

Thx glad we agree, but I gave Tarverse his due in awarding him the Hart inspite of his -1 overall. So, I think I know how good he is! Toews also plays with a chisled veteran in Hossa. Bergeron plays with two guys who thought the word backcheck was a slang word in  a game of chess. And those 2 linemates are tied for 2nd on the team in the +/- category. When Bergeron was out Marchand & Seguin were a 0 & -1 respectively. Since he came back. They're a +2 & +3 respectively! That enough for you or am I still showing too much homerism? Again...Thx for coming out!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

So I just put together a compilation of stats that I think are relevant in the discussion for the selke trophy, I put together my candidates arbitrarily (just googled selke candidates. LOL @  ESPN for putting Mikko Koivu in the coversation) Bergeron is going to run away with this. He's #1 in EVERY category here.

I was going to put in corsi Quality of Competition, but behindthenet weighs it by head-to-head TOI, which is stupid in my opinion it should be everything BUT head-to-head (it penalizes bergeron for playing for the Bruins)

https://twitter.com/BruinsScience/status/327924077396377600/photo/1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

So I just put together a compilation of stats that I think are relevant in the discussion for the selke trophy, I put together my candidates arbitrarily (just googled selke candidates. LOL @  ESPN for putting Mikko Koivu in the coversation) Bergeron is going to run away with this. He's #1 in EVERY category here.

I was going to put in corsi Quality of Competition, but behindthenet weighs it by head-to-head TOI, which is stupid in my opinion it should be everything BUT head-to-head (it penalizes bergeron for playing for the Bruins)

Corsi.  LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Corsi.  LOL

Shane Corsison was a good player for the habs.  Oops.  Thats corson never mind.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's too bad, OC.  I enjoy talking hockey with you.  It's not my fault that you are a Corsite, and Ovechkin has turned that cultish religion into a flat Earth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

Bergie is the guy and the next captain of the Bruins.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Corsi.  LOL

Shane Corsison was a good player for the habs.  Oops.  Thats corson never mind.  

Didn't Cheech & Chong play the Corsi brothers in a movie? 

Sections
Shortcuts