Awards- Vezina

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Awards- Vezina

Vezina Trophy is awarded annually to the National Hockey League's goaltender who is "adjudged to be the best at this position"

I my hardest of hearts I want it to go to Rask, but after looking at Columbus hi-lights there's no way Bobrovsky isn't winning this. 16-5-3 .945 sp 1.65 gaa in his last 24 games & 4 shut-outs. ON THE COLUMBUS BLUE JACKETS! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Awards- Vezina

I agree with you. He has been stellar this season. CBJ aren't the push-overs they once were. I wouldn't be suprised to see them win a playoff series.

Can I also say it gives me great joy to see a former Flyer goaltender excelling?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Bobrovsky hands down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Rangers have Carolina and NJ left.  They need two points total OR Winnepeg to lose in order to clinch a playoff spot in the last week of the season.  Columbus needs to win out with games against non-playoff teams Dallas and Nashville, or they need Detroit to lose their game in hand in regulation and then do no better than match Columbus over their last two - also, coincidentally, vs. Dallas and Nashville.  (Wow.  Columbus's season could come down to whether or not LA beats Detroit in regulation tonight.)

Right now, both teams are in 8th, both have 51 points, both have 2 games left in regulation.  One has experienced a massive improvement despite having shipped off a guy with 300+ career goals to acquire character and grit, and clear salary room for other moves, in the off-season; the other has experienced a massive decline that led to them shipping a guy with 300+ career goals to acquire character, grit, and cap flexibility so they can make other moves.  Weird that they made those two mirror trades with each other.  But the Nash deal does not look like such a sweetheart if the 'Jackets don't have Bobrovsky.

I'm going to sit on my hands now so as not to break nite's rule about spitting out extra names. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

Bob has been fabulous. He should be one of the finalist for the Hart Trophy as well. Hard to believe Philly gave him up with how bad their goalie situation has been forever.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Ya know..I have to wonder is Philly's forever goaltending situation a problem of the goalie himself, or is it Philly the organization itself that kills them? Is Philly a goalie's grave yard? I mean even Hextall in his 2nd & 3rd stint was awful, but he was fantastic in 93' in Quebec until game 3 vs the Habs. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Ya know..I have to wonder is Philly's forever goaltending situation a problem of the goalie himself, or is it Philly the organization itself that kills them? Is Philly a goalie's grave yard? I mean even Hextall in his 2nd & 3rd stint was awful, but he was fantastic in 93' in Quebec until game 3 vs the Habs. 

Seems that way doesn't it? But how can it be? Over the years, different coaches with different systems, different players and various goalies. But always the same result.

It's the same in Montreal. Players change, coaches change etc..But they always seem to come out flying in big games, almost always the same style of play, just wether the storm that is the first 5 minutes up there.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsow. Show bruinsow's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Seems that way doesn't it? But how can it be? Over the years, different coaches with different systems, different players and various goalies. But always the same result.

It's the same in Montreal. Players change, coaches change etc..But they always seem to come out flying in big games, almost always the same style of play, just wether the storm that is the first 5 minutes up there.

They also always seem to have a crazy good pp. I agree, and I think part of the problem for Philly might be the culture. I live an hour from Philly and let me tell you they are merciless. Bobrovsky got to go to a fishbowl environment to Columbus where there really weren't any expectations. I think that goes a long way in developing. It's the same reason why it's been so long since a homegrown Leaf has led the team in pts.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

2010-2011 Flyers                54 28 13 .915 2.59
    2012-2013 Blue Jackets    36 19 11 .930 2.06

That might be the final nail in the coffin Holmgren.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

If I was superstitious..well OK I am a little bit, but what goalie isn't? I'd think Pele Lindberg put a curse on the goalie's that play in Philly. He didn't touch Hextall...well he saw what he did to Kent Nielson & Chris Chelios & kind of said "I think I'll leave that whackjob alone." Speaking of Lindberg, loved him as a goalie! RIP.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Has Tuuka vaulted himself higher into the equation with 2 shutouts in his last two starts? Should he toss another on in one of these two last games over the weekend and the Blue Jackets fail to make the playoffs, perhaps the case for him gets that much stronger.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bobrovsky has the benefit of playing behind Jack Johnson and The Wiz.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Has Tuuka vaulted himself higher into the equation with 2 shutouts in his last two starts? Should he toss another on in one of these two last games over the weekend and the Blue Jackets fail to make the playoffs, perhaps the case for him gets that much stronger.

Agreed. Rask has an outside shot if he finishes strong and if Bob is average.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

The Wiz?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not that Wiz!  This one:

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I stand corrected good sir.

RIP MJ!!!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

He still stood on his head NAS. Regardless who the d was. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Tuukka could steal the Vezina with a shut-out tonight. It would make him #1 in shut-outs, GAA, Save %.. easily enough to win the Vezina, especially if Columbus loses.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

Tuukka another big save down low, just as Bob lets in his 1st in Nashville.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Olsonic's comment:

Tuukka could steal the Vezina with a shut-out tonight. It would make him #1 in shut-outs, GAA, Save %.. easily enough to win the Vezina, especially if Columbus loses.

I think the Vezina voters will take more into account than just the straight stats.  They'll will probably consider the players for each team.  It's a lot easier to have better stats when the Bruins defense (and defensive forwards) are helping.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

game over tuukka. nice try though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

At least Rask will get nominated which was BS he didn't in 2010. One of my buddies thinks that  the GM's from the opposite conference shouldn't be able to vote for opposite conference goalie's. I think GM's keep a close eye on every player no matter if they're playing them in a shortened season or not. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I think Tuukka still has a shot at the Vezina. The fact that Columbus didn't make the playoffs will hurt Bobrovsky.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In response to ThatHockeyGuy's comment:

I think Tuukka still has a shot at the Vezina. The fact that Columbus didn't make the playoffs will hurt Bobrovsky.

supposedly the game featured several of the most outstanding saves of the year. I think it will be super hard to give it to someone else.

Sections
Shortcuts