Back end of the Bruins defensive corps

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Back end of the Bruins defensive corps

After seeing Kampfer last night in the B's-Tor game I began to think to myself that the bottom end of the B's defensive corps is pretty scary at the moment. Really like (what I consider) the top four and how it stacks up against most others of Chara, Seids, Kabby, and Ference. Boychuck has been very inconsistent and sometimes is a liability. McQuaid, love his toughness, but I'd like to see his game four years from now. Kampfer, is scary at this point and seems to have lost any mojo he had at the beginning of the year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Back end of the Bruins defensive corps

Kampfer isn't really the back end, that's McQuaid and Ferance, who I would say are among the best bottom 2 defenders in the league.  Kampfer's a spare, and yeah, his game has dropped off.  I have hope for his future, but it's good they have ole' Hnidy.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: Back end of the Bruins defensive corps:
    Kampfer isn't really the back end, that's McQuaid and Ferance, who I would say are among the best bottom 2 defenders in the league.  Kampfer's a spare, and yeah, his game has dropped off.  I have hope for his future, but it's good they have ole' Hnidy.
    Posted by OatesCam

Hey, hey ... let's not disprespect the Sheriff - he may play tomorrow and may end up being the 7th defenseman.  Personally, I like McQuaid and Ference together and, as you say, they make a pretty solid 3rd pairing.  Kampfer wasn't expected to be in contention at the beginning of the year and I see a pretty good upside in him.  With hindsight being perfect, he probably would have benefited from having more time with Providence.  I think we stack up pretty well, defensively, especially when the forwards are coming back for the short outlet passes.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I agree with you guys about being hopeful for our young d-men, but maybe I should have worded my original post clearer. Talent-wise, I really like the play of our top-four guys. The way Claude has the pairings constructed we definitely do not have our (IMO) "top four guys" playing on the top two defensive lines. Claude opts for balance, understandably. I like McQuaids toughness/enforcer ability, but his youth and aggresiveness are a double-edged-playoff sword. Knock on wood, I see the D one injury away from some major problems. More time/more important roles for Boychuk (2011 version), Kampfer, McQuaid, et al, could spell problems.

Sections
Shortcuts