Backstrum given match penalty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Backstrum given match penalty

NESN reported that Backstrom gets a one game suspension.I honestly hope they uphold the automatic suspension for the sake of Backstrom,because if he's allowed to play then his new best friend will be Shawn Thornton because his azz will belong to Thorny God save your soul Nickluas Backstrom 1 game suspension or Shawn Thornton in your grille until you grow a pair and try your luck!!! Mr.Shannahan bring the body bag if you don't uphold the suspension.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Puckhead79. Show Puckhead79's posts

Just some input on some of the hits mentioned on the board:

1. Hunter on Turgeon circa 1993; someone said it was good for the Caps since Turgeon was hurt; as I recall it, Turgeon's goal was the icing on the cake in the series clinching win. So the Caps gained no benefit from Turgeon's separated shoulder. The team that did benefit? MONTREAL who played the Isles in the semis w/o Turgeon (their best player). That Montreal team was the luckiest team ever to win a Cup. Think they had 10 OT wins that year and all of the top teams got knocked out early (Bs swept by Buffalo; Pitt lost to NYI, etc.).

2. Brown on Henrik Sedin compared to Rome on Horton. Um, not even close. The puck had been in Sedin's feet until the instant before Brown hit Sedin. Hit was to Sedin's chest. Worst part was Sedin hit his head on the ice somewhat. Also, Sedin was not moving so the impact was not as great. But Rome on Horton was well after Horton had passed the puck, while he was looking to his left for a return pass, and while both players were skating fast. Rome knew he was lighting up a defenseless player, at high speed, well after the puck was gone.

3. Neal should (but probably won't) get the book thrown at him. He intended to injure two of Philly's better players on back to bak shifts. Refs should've booted him after the Couturier hit. Completely reckless behavior out of a frustrated player in a game that Pitt had no chance of winning. 

For Backstrom, it wasn't super vicious but it was reckless, stupid and after the game was over. If they don't uphold the suspension, so be it. Bs are engaged now and should take this team. But the suspension should stand b/c it's very similar to the one Lucic got a game for in 2009 playoffs vs Montreal (Lapierre). It's different from Weber b/c Weber didn't get a match penalty. But Shanahan dropped the ball not suspending Weber and that failure doesn't jusitfy not applying the rules now.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Backstrum given match penalty:
    [QUOTE]NESN reported that Backstrom gets a one game suspension.I honestly hope they uphold the automatic suspension for the sake of Backstrom,because if he's allowed to play then his new best friend will be Shawn Thornton because his azz will belong to Thorny God save your soul Nickluas Backstrom 1 game suspension or Shawn Thornton in your grille until you grow a pair and try your luck!!! Mr.Shannahan bring the body bag if you don't uphold the suspension.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]
    If 1 game is all it's worth then Thornton should cross-check Backstrom or Ovechkin in the face at the end of the next game. Game on I guess.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Backstrum given match penalty : If 1 game is all it's worth then Thornton should cross-check Backstrom or Ovechkin in the face at the end of the next game. Game on I guess.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I see it.

Call up McDermaid and have him run Ovechkin through the back boards. Or take off Backstrom, Laich, or Semin's head. Would be worth having a goon who can decimate star players and only worry about a game... Slippery slope. Make an example or else who cares?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

Boy oh boy, I can't decide who I most want to see suffer a vicious shitbeating on the Caps - Hunter, Alzner, Backstrom, Hendricks or Chimera. Actually, I hope they all lose a few teeth on Thursday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]NESN reported that Backstrom gets a one game suspension.I honestly hope they uphold the automatic suspension for the sake of Backstrom,because if he's allowed to play then his new best friend will be Shawn Thornton because his azz will belong to Thorny God save your soul Nickluas Backstrom 1 game suspension or Shawn Thornton in your grille until you grow a pair and try your luck!!! Mr.Shannahan bring the body bag if you don't uphold the suspension.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

I dedicate this post you,  yes you NAS !