BadHab @ Sharks v P Bruins @ Worcester

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

BadHab @ Sharks v P Bruins @ Worcester

I had an awesome awesome awesome time.

Tickets  were a fraction ($36) of the cost of the NHL. (4 rows off of ice level, center ice)

Parking a fraction of the cost of the NHL ($6)

Nearby restaurants, much more accessible and food was so significantly better it was off the charts and for much less money, much less.  Without naming the place, loads o beer of EXCELLENT quality and food that was fantastic came in at $79.  In Boston it would have been $300 easy.

Inside the DCU center a Sam Adams and a decent hot dog was $11.

I have seriously sworn off going to NHL games.  Pre lockout whatever, I don't care.  It's just stupid money to go to that.

I'm sure NAS will say don't let the door hit me in the ass.  And I'll say fine.  You guys take my tix, have fun.  Knock yourselves out.

Other than training camp, best bang for the buck for hockey that there is as far as I'm concernred.

And this was in a 'horrible' new england (over rated) storm that the forcasters were going nuts about.

And the people I met at the restaurants and bars before and after were *much* friendlier than the Boston crowd.  I even talked to a cop, in Boston I'm sure he would have told me to f off.

And for the game

Cross.  is horrific.  super horrific.  beyond that.

Caron.  that earlier post of "paging Jordan Caron" summed it up in the title.  In fact I did page Caron for a diet coke and popcorn in section 217, but he texted back and said he was kind of busy but would get back to me later, he did ask if I could point him to any funny youtube clips.

Krug didn't play.

Hutchinson.  All goals scored against him while he was asleep at the switch.  He should have had a shutout. In fact an easy shutout.  He smothered shots that hit him in the crest, if not, it was a goal.  Reminded me very much of a table hockey goalie, except the table hockey goalie was more flexible.

Chris Bourque.  Ray Bourque is his dad.  OK.  We're done.  He might chew up the minors - forever.

Sauve.  This kid I say too bad.  Excellent vision* (* I saw 2 very clever smart passes near the slot), tall, but not big and nothing else.  If he had speed or more strength or more something he'd be somebody in the NHL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: BadHab @ Sharks v P Bruins @ Worcester

Good stuff, Bhab.  I'm a huge minor league hockey fan. I may go to one or two Bruins games a year, but I go to 30-40 AHL games. With Worcester, Providence, Springfield, Manchester and Portland all within driving range, I much prefer that.  I can go to any of those AHL cities, get dinner, go to the game, get a hotel and stay the night...for the price of driving 20 minutes to a Bruins game and having good seats. 

Honestly, $36 for AHL tickets is more than I'll pay, regardless of the location.  That's pretty ridiculous.  An AHL date shouldn't be $72 before arriving.  A one time deal, fine.  But if you plan on going often, that's far too much for my tastes.

Game stuff:  Anything good at all?

$6 for parking is gold.  Last year at TD is was $28 and that's sure to go up. 

And lay off the Boston cops.  They're fine.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In comparison, paying $20 a ticket with free parking and a 20 minute drive,  I now feel fortunate.

And 5 players with doom and gloom reviews ? Ok it's what you watched. Some people have it in them to see only the negatives. 

As NAS suggests, were there any positives ? By the sounds of your game report the awesome, awesome, awesome time you had didn't reflect on the P Bruins performances you witnessed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

What about Cunnungham ? He had 2 assists last night, I was very impressed with Craig's hockey sense when I was at the Dunk over Thankasgiving holiday.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

re: $36 tickets, we just got best available.  4 rows off the ice, next time I would get the balcony for a better view of the ice and probably pay a lot less.

re: Boston cops, no dis to them, they're generally a more hard boiled bunch.  

re: the positives.  There must have been some because it seemed the Bruins controlled the puck for most of the game and had much in the way of quality shots.  2 of the 3 Sharks goals were just awful, one was from the corner.  Another was from the top of the face off circle where Hutchinson has a clear view and was beatentop corner and never even flinched.  Cross got a lot of ice time and was pathetic, he gave a d to d pass that was intercepted because it was going about 2 mph.  I notice that as soon as the other guys *look* like they get possesion he immediately gets out to center ice, and 2 problems there, one is the huge gap, second is that his team might still have possesion and he's nowhere to be seen.

Yet Providence was in the game and should have won, and I'm sure there was good stuff going on yet I was too distracted by the bad stuff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hm.  If what you say about Cross is true, he's probably a-feared of the speed at the AHL level.  That's a behaviour you see from guys who know they're vulnerable coming back even if they have good position to start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hm.  If what you say about Cross is true, he's probably a-feared of the speed at the AHL level.  That's a behaviour you see from guys who know they're vulnerable coming back even if they have good position to start.

[/QUOTE]

I noticed that he did that at the rookie camps as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At the time, was he backing off from Camara ?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At the time, was he backing off from Camara ?

[/QUOTE]

Everyone including Lars Volden

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I tried that Cross trick of high tailing it out to center ice as soon as they got possesion of the puck and that idea really works since everyone is faster than the BadHab nowadays.  

Watching lack of talent & speed players might help my game a whole lot.  I have a lot more in common with them than I do the other guys.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Threads like this make me wish it was easier for me to get out to an AHL game. Only team anywhere close is the Heat, and it's a nightmare to get out there after work in time for game time (brutal traffic) and can't even have a pint because it's an hour and a half drive back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Threads like this make me wish it was easier for me to get out to an AHL game. Only team anywhere close is the Heat, and it's a nightmare to get out there after work in time for game time (brutal traffic) and can't even have a pint because it's an hour and a half drive back.

[/QUOTE]

Red, even without showing up you'd still be able to offer a more useful player report than BadHab :)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ya know Red, I play in a hockey Tourney every year in Abbotsford & it just really doesn't seem to have a population of 134,000. I actually lost $20 bucks my first yr there, because I said there was no way that many people live there. Even the downtown area just doesn't seem that bad. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Another tidbit about Cross that I failed to mention, they have him playing right d - he's a lefty shot.  It seems to me they did that because most all of the time he gets the puck he just bangs it off the boards.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Another tidbit about Cross that I failed to mention, they have him playing right d - he's a lefty shot.  It seems to me they did that because most all of the time he gets the puck he just bangs it off the boards.

[/QUOTE]

So in other words he consistently makes the safe play........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Red, even without showing up you'd still be able to offer a more useful player report than BadHab :)

[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure this is very correct, but still better than nothing - I think

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So in other words he consistently makes the safe play........

[/QUOTE]

It's a free country, you can look at it that way if you want.