Badhab prospect evaluator goes to the next level!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Badhab prospect evaluator goes to the next level!

http://www.extraskater.com/team/boston-bruins/2013

Another good comparison.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

The prof got about 20 student volunteers for data entry so the project has been accelerated.  Pretty neat formula because it all depends on relative values, if you have a stronger or weaker team or team mates, TOI and etc.

Looks to be about 2.5 or 3 weeks out.  Can't wait to give you guys a trial look.  Can't wait to meet some NHL people which would be fun if that ever happens.

In a curious sort of way I'm looking forward to this.

Will this include a 2014 draft list by you too ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Don-Bruino. Show Don-Bruino's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The prof got about 20 student volunteers for data entry so the project has been accelerated.  Pretty neat formula because it all depends on relative values, if you have a stronger or weaker team or team mates, TOI and etc.

Looks to be about 2.5 or 3 weeks out.  Can't wait to give you guys a trial look.  Can't wait to meet some NHL people which would be fun if that ever happens.

In a curious sort of way I'm looking forward to this.

Excellent idea.

Then we can grade the scouting staffs of all the teams, after the draft.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KMCI. Show KMCI's posts

Sounds like a good hobby to have. Stats are interesting to look at.

As far as evaluating hockey prospects ?

I was at a junior game last night......... Ice Dogs-Steelheads. There were  prospects for the upcoming draft to go along with players already drafted there.

You look at the boxscore and stats..................... and tell me what you think regarding them .

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/66788

Obviously you can't.

Your stats will show what their indiviisual, statistical performances are. Watching game-by-game action will tell a person what they are playing like under a team concept. 

Good luck ! Maybe if things go right for you.............. Stanley will be your boss.

I like this kid Cody Caron sat the too many men penalty had a fight, could replace Jordan and or Thorn, just going from his game stats. Season stats not so much

2013-14 Regular Season Niagara IceDogs 52 3 4 7 -19 76  

He is draft eligible  maybe worth a look in the 10th round.  Thanks for the stats Chowda now give us the scouting on him can we move him up.lol

Pulling your chain Badh, personally i love stats, but it is not the final tell, but it helps.

GOAT!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to KMCI's comment:

Cody Caron.

I was at Ice Dogs game yesterday just for the sole reason of watching him.

4th liner with not much there yet other then being a hard working player who is willing to stick up for his teammates by dropping them .

A 13th rounder at best. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[/QUOTE]

Judging by Badhab's silence to the question asked, it indicates that the answer is an emphatic NO.

Too bad. It would have been interesting to follow for the years to come compared to what the scouts had picked.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Judging by Badhab's silence to the question asked, it indicates that the answer is an emphatic NO.

Too bad. It would have been interesting to follow for the years to come compared to what the scouts had picked.

I think we can do this, I'll bring it up at our next meeting later today.

There's a lot going on with this, it's been a whirlwind,

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

There might be a problem with releasing our draft list, it is our proprietary information.  

I'll see about releasing our list maybe after the NHL drafts, maybe that might work.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Looking back at that other thread, I see Islamorada's word was "fantestical" - a word I suspect no Smart Phone would ever allow a person to type.  I'm glad I'm not senile yet, and honored to be mistaken for the esteemed isla.

BH - if you manage to get a mock draft in before the draft, I'll be impressed.  Stuff like this nearly always turns out more difficult than expected.  A mock draft after the draft - or even for the past several years - would still be quite interesting.  Good luck!

We're mostly done!  We are going to demo the product tonight to some people who might get a foot into the door of the NHL.  I'm excited!  My only goal is to get to meet some NHL people, if they pay our airfare and/or expenses to meet them that would exceed my expectations.  I just have to make sure to keep my emotions in check and remain professional and not go all fan boy.

The guys I'm working with think they can take this as far as they did with MLB, but baseball is much easier to evaluate players with stats

• You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

We're mostly done!  We are going to demo the product tonight to some people who might get a foot into the door of the NHL.  I'm excited!  My only goal is to get to meet some NHL people, if they pay our airfare and/or expenses to meet them that would exceed my expectations.  I just have to make sure to keep my emotions in check and remain professional and not go all fan boy.

The guys I'm working with think they can take this as far as they did with MLB, but baseball is much easier to evaluate players with stats

Good luck in your endeavour BH. Sounds interesting.

Wow.  I have to pinch myself to see if this is real.  We have interest from one team.  We have to pay our own way to give them the demo.  I might as well tell you guys, it's the Red Wings.  This is really really cool, but Detroit?  Of all the places that I don't really want to visit...  It's still tentative at this point, but it looks like we're going to meet mid May some time.

Sales rep says he's working on another lead, I don't know who yet.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Congrats Badhab!

I hope it takes off for you...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Wow.  I have to pinch myself to see if this is real.  We have interest from one team.  We have to pay our own way to give them the demo.  I might as well tell you guys, it's the Red Wings.  This is really really cool, but Detroit?  Of all the places that I don't really want to visit...  It's still tentative at this point, but it looks like we're going to meet mid May some time.

Other then the fact that it's #3 in the most dangerous cities in the US and you have a 1in 47 chance of being a victim of a crime what's not to like?  It's one place that you don't want to be walking around by yourself especially at night as the city is in such a mess.

Congrats thou and good luck with your meeting.

I've been verifying this for the last 3 days.  A dream come true.  We have a meeting set up with my favorite team on Tuesday.

I've used caller id 3 times on the different numbers they have used to talk to our people and the voice mail messages sound right, and I've asked the guys if they are pulling my leg 4 million times (and threatened to kill them), they wouldn't mess with my schedule at my full time job as it's an important day at my real job, but I'm taking it off for this trip into Boston.

It's like being in a dream, I have to keep pinching myself to see if this is real.  Even if its a total bust and they don't buy from us, at least I'll get to meet with the Bruins management

In response to winexpos' comment:

Other then the fact that it's #3 in the most dangerous cities in the US and you have a 1in 47 chance of being a victim of a crime what's not to like?  It's one place that you don't want to be walking around by yourself especially at night as the city is in such a mess.

Congrats thou and good luck with your meeting.

And I will gladly add an exclusivity clause for the Bruins because I'm a fan and also to stay the heck out of Detroit.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Congrats BHab, sounds awesome.  Hope it works out.

I'm not going to get any sleep tonight at all, just way too excited about meeting with the Bruins tomorrow.  That and there's tons of information to review and prep work to do.

The meeting was a success!!  The Bruins are buying our software!!

Best part?  We are going to have the software release party at the Boston Garden!  And you can be invited!

We're also getting some tickets to a luxury box for first and maybe second round playoffs, we will be giving those away at the release party!

Go to this website and sign up

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/mixed-bag/general/sign-up-for-release-party-and-bruins-tickets/100/7096571

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I thought you were on crack until I got the tickets.  Holy Frejoles! 

Not only will the often-talked-about BDC conference finally happen, it will happen at a Bruins playoff game!  Hope nite gets tickets and we can finally determine whether prairie or maritime constitution can handle more Yeunglings.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It's a sad day to be 700 mi. from Boston.  I even went to the last stage for getting tickets thinking I could always scalp them, but nah that would just be weird.

You know what this means though BadHab?  If the Bruins continue to draft with marginal success, we'll be blaming you.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

BHAB! CONGRATS!  

Thats awesome! Just got the confirmation email!  Thanks for letting us be a part of this! Cant wait to meet all you chumps!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from socca10. Show socca10's posts

Congrats, I thought for sure this was the most elaborate April Fool's joke ever... good luck to you!

So far we have several of the regulars who have agreed to attend.

Can't believe I don't have more takers for a free party and Bruins playoff tix.

http://boston.com/community/forums/sports/mixed-bag/general/sign-up-for-release-party-and-bruins-tickets/100/7096571

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

So can I add a +1 to this or is this exclusive to the BDC posters? I should have mentioned it when I signed up...Sorry!

• Sections
    Shortcuts