Bagjob in LA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Bagjob in LA

Its a pretty stupid rule. Most wont argue that point . At best it's hard to tell from that footage. Yada yada yada...  Is it sunday yet?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

In response to DaveyN's comment:

Its a pretty stupid rule. Most wont argue that point . At best it's hard to tell from that footage. Yada yada yada...  Is it sunday yet?

But, they do like to argue.  It's no different than PC Brendan Shanahan's politically correct logic when he applies suspensions from head hits.  His logic sometimes is incredibly contradictory.

Keep it simple. 

1. I think the rule is clearly not applied correctly when there is an engagement from the other player.

2. If it;s not clear, make it reviewable.  If still not clear, no penalty.

I dont think anyone will disagree that its a stupid rule.  18 of them in this yrs playoffs and have made huge impact on gms.  Its the rule.  A crapppy one but its the rule.  And i will even agree with your proposed changes.  

But by suggesting this and that jagr sucks and so on and so on how does this make you above everyone else.  You call us fan boys but ive had awesome debates and flat out arguments with some of the best posters in here.  I may call someone a name in joking but to think your knowledge is better then anyone else in here is in a word "wrong".  Its an opinion.  We all have them.  But you are not an expert.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to Ronstar8's comment:

Are you kidding me? You're asking me if I am blind and you can clearly see Vlasic go to clear it, there is a delay, where the puck slides up Carter's body, over his arm, and the trajectory of the puck changes, which proves it was deflected.

Plain as day. Terrible call and it makes it worse that it occurred with just over 2 minutes to go in a postseason game.

Review the calls if you have to. Terrible call and unacceptable for the refs to be getting involved in outcomes of playoff games like that.

Look at how the puck is on edge when he hits it. He lobs it out and it doesn't deflect off anything. If you can't see that, not my problem. 

The right call was made.

The linesman himself signaled it was a deflection to overrule the ref trying to make that (wrong) call.

Are you just trying to be combative here?  How on earth

You can see the puck jump up Carter's stick, up his arm and maybe even his helmet. There is like a whole second delay between when Vlasic goes to clear it and when the puck gets lost in the black uni of Carter and jumps up past him and then over the glass.

There is no way that wasn't deflected by Carter. Absolutely no way it was not based on the timing and trajecgtory change fo that puck.

The rule is intened to be for a clear and clean shot intot he stands. In no way whatsoever is that a clear cut call there and should in no way be applied with so much question around it with 2:15 to go in a playoff game.

Absurd. Terrible call.

Am I trying to be combative? Really?

You're the one that sounds like Jerry Seinfeld explaining the magic loogie that hit Keith Hernandez!

Dude, don't know what the problem is but I'm starting to understand most of the other posters here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You're the one that sounds like Jerry Seinfeld explaining the magic loogie that hit Keith Hernandez!

This was exactly what I was thinking of!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Dude, don't know what the problem is but I'm starting to understand most of the other posters here.

Yes, the puck just changed direction and fluttered over the glass for no reason and Jeff Carter was just a ghost on the ice. Sure thing. 

[/QUOTE]

Welcome to my ignore list. Say hi to Stanley while you're there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not A Shot, amongst others like to follow me around here with what they think are some witty little 5-7 word one liners, to sort of protect this little clique he (and others) find themselves in here.

Yeah, I follow you around.  You and mattbs dream of being important.

You post stupid sh!t.  I point it out.  Nothing more.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Yes, the puck just changed direction and fluttered over the glass for no reason and Jeff Carter was just a ghost on the ice. Sure thing. 

Welcome to my ignore list. Say hi to Stanley while you're there.

Translation: I have no counter argument so I'll take my ball and go home with stained underpants.

Nothing like an adult needing a computer function to help him "ignore" someone oin the interwebs. Announcing such a thing is even more toolish.

Enjoy, dork!

Take that ball and go home.

[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's called not wasting time with total loser idiots when there are so many excellent posters on this forum. Take care, dork!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ironic you say I post stupid things, yet when it gets down to it, many actually agree with me and me with them, so you're basically calling a lot of people stupid. That's for starters with you, old man.

Name 5.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

You have chosen to ignore posts from BassFishingII.

Whatever you said, must have been another stupidity.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

What's more, you're very insecure and you think you are some vast bible of hockey knowledge, etc, so when challenged, you lash out with some intended witty retort that just isn't witty whatsoever, Corky.

So, you just go about your business dropping in and out of threads like a total tool not contributing jack squat to the discussions (due to insecurity and an inablity to form a counter argument).

But name calling when youare challenged is supposed to be respected?

Not ruffling feathers, just saying if you get mad at some posters for witty retorts, or sarcastic remarks, and end your argument with 'dork' or 'corky' or any sort of name calling your credibility in the argument disappears and you look like you are throwing a temper tantrum.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

All im trying to say is, if you dont want to be hassled and assaulted with sarcasm, dropping the name calling would probably be a the best place to start.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

All im trying to say is, if you dont want to be hassled and assaulted with sarcasm, dropping the name calling would probably be a the best place to start.

Wouldn't the initiators of the hassling, etc, be the ones you should be speaking to since they are the root cause?

I think an intelligent person would go to the source, not lecture the person defending oneself.

You do realize there are probably 20 regulars here.   There are another dozen plus that drop in now and then.  Opinions are welcomed.  Im a regular who goes against the homer glasses.  If you dont believe me ask.  I have debated so hard with dez it felt like i was fighting my older brother.  At the end of it we agreed to disagree.  Most of the topics resurface at some pt.  heck fletch has called me the best hab troll ever.   

If you wanna be negative on every topic you will be called out.   If you wanna stir the pot with an off the chart comment go ahead.  No one is asking everyone to have the same opinion.   If you find it impossible to chat hockey in here you are wrong.  So many really smart hockey people in here.   

We all blow off steam.  But to do it every post is a bit much.  Do what you want.  But dont be shocked with the response you are getting.  

25. This post has been removed.