Bagjob in LA

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Re: Bagjob in LA

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Well, Sharks fans have go to feel like they had one taken away last night after coming back from 2-0 down to take a lead late, 3-2.

And then the refs struck. That Delay of Game call is so awful, they need to adjust it.   A SJ player (Vlasic) went to clear the puck and and Jeff Carter jumped in where it deflected off the shaft of the stick and crawled up over the glass for a penalty.

Why can't this rule or the refs be wise enough to see the puck changed direction/trajectory was altered BECAUSE it was deflected, hence it not being a delay of game?!

What is the problem with this?!  Are they blind? Do they get swayed by the opposing team wanting the call?  Did they change the rule this offseason during the lockout to include deflections?

Are YOU blind? It was never deflected. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY8t1_rB2Q8

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

not only blind but dumb

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Are you kidding me? You're asking me if I am blind and you can clearly see Vlasic go to clear it, there is a delay, where the puck slides up Carter's body, over his arm, and the trajectory of the puck changes, which proves it was deflected.

Plain as day. Terrible call and it makes it worse that it occurred with just over 2 minutes to go in a postseason game.

Review the calls if you have to. Terrible call and unacceptable for the refs to be getting involved in outcomes of playoff games like that.

Look at how the puck is on edge when he hits it. He lobs it out and it doesn't deflect off anything. If you can't see that, not my problem. 

The right call was made.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Are you kidding me? You're asking me if I am blind and you can clearly see Vlasic go to clear it, there is a delay, where the puck slides up Carter's body, over his arm, and the trajectory of the puck changes, which proves it was deflected.

Plain as day. Terrible call and it makes it worse that it occurred with just over 2 minutes to go in a postseason game.

Review the calls if you have to. Terrible call and unacceptable for the refs to be getting involved in outcomes of playoff games like that.

how is it that each post you make is worse than the last? bravo

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The only thing that changed the direction of that puck was gravity.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

How is that you're too dumb and insecure to counter what I said above?  Lack of Vitamin D?

You'd have to be a moron or blind to claim that didn't deflect off of some part of Jeff Carter. Do you think the puck is a yo-yo, do ya?

lmao

And here you go, assuming that anyone who disagrees with you is either an invalid or a 'dork'.

In that replay supplied by Ronstar8, the timing and trajectory are consistent with a no-deflection trajectory.  However, it was a flipping puck and certainly went near the guy, so it's a tough call.  It would be nice to see it in a sensible quality, 240p just doesn't cut it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Honestly this call could have gone either way.  May have taken a slight deflection off his arm, but cannot say forsure.  I have no problem that they made the call. If I was a ref, I would have ruled it a deflection but that may be why I am not an NHL ref.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You can see the puck jump up Carter's stick, up his arm and maybe even his helmet. There is like a whole second delay between when Vlasic goes to clear it and when the puck gets lost in the black uni of Carter and jumps up past him and then over the glass.

Did it go into some sort of hopper from a pinball machine?  Up his stick, up his arm, hits the jets, deflects off his helmet and then goes on it's way?

What on Earth are you talking about?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In response to adkbeesfan's comment:

how is it that each post you make is worse than the last? bravo

How is that you're too dumb and insecure to counter what I said above?  Lack of Vitamin D?

You'd have to be a moron or blind to claim that didn't deflect off of some part of Jeff Carter. Do you think the puck is a yo-yo, do ya?

lmao

ta daaaa! you're a perfect 1423 for 1423. at least you're consistent. sorry that bruins/rangers game last night didn't work out the way you hoped.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to red75's comment:

The only thing that changed the direction of that puck was gravity.

LAughable. What is the matter with you people? I am not in the clique here so you're trying to lie? Pathetic.

The linesman comes skating in, signaling deflection and then the refs decide to concede to the Kings players lobbying for the call.

If this happened to our team, this board would be incensed as it should be. Terrible call and that rule needs to be subject to review especially in the playoffs. 

Pause the video if you need to. Go ahead and do it. You'll see the puck disappear into Carter's uniform after it crawls up his stick and off his shoulder.

It's scientifically impossible based on when he shot the puck and the time in between where the puck finally went past Carter and into the stands.

If it wasn't deflected it would have gone right into the stands vs the slight delay and change of trajectory.

What lie? I've watched the replay 10 times - it was an on edge knuckleball puck, so it twisted off his stick when he lifted it. It missed Carter over his left  forearem. There's no scientific impossibility about it - there was no deflection, just a bad lob with an on edge puck.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

If he makes contact with the stick, that's not a defelection, it has an impact possibly on Vlasic's control, but does not count as a defelction under the delay of game rule, therefore the right call would still have been made.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Who cares?  The refs make bad calls, non calls etc etc.  it happens.  Still gotta score.  Still gotta play.  Check out the stats for pp in caps/nyr series.  Absolutely brutal.   

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

All of these were written by the SAME guy:

But, that means you're saying Carter's stick in no way made contact with that puck as well?  I think you're wrong. I think it absolutely did hit his stick and possibly also grazed his shoulder.

Puck was deflected, period.

Does Carter make contact with Vlasic's stick and very likely the puck as well?

At the very least, Carter reaches in for a poke check which affects the control of the puck from Vlasic, so it's at least deflected when Carter reaches in. That's whole the reason it the trajectory changed like that. 

You can see the puck jump up Carter's stick, up his arm and maybe even his helmet.

there is a delay, where the puck slides up Carter's body, over his arm, and the trajectory of the puck changes, which proves it was deflected.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

No way from the replay, can you be sure it made any contact with any part of Carter, let alone, 3 parts of his body.

That is my un-biased opinion, because I don't care which team wins that series.

I think the most telling evidence that the ref got it right, was tha Vlassic would have gone nuts, if he had really believed the puck hit Carter, and he did not get very animated, at all.

25. This post has been removed.