Barbeque and Sulfer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Barbeque and Sulfer

Barbeque

The speed.  They moved a lot faster than last year, got to loose pucks faster.

The second line.  Fast as all heck, and created opportunities while remaining defensively reponsible.  Marchand really turned on his jets and his stick.  Whether they were out against the top line or the fourth, they gave fits.  I don't know if a team on Earth will be able to handle them well all year.  Peverley fit in just fine.

Thomas.  Still #1

Seguin.  What a pass!  He was pretty invisible for the third, but was blazing in the first.  Huge year ahead.

Sulfer

Special teams.  How many shots on goal the Philly have while the B's were on the powerplay? 

Second period play.  Night and day from the first period.

The first line.  Krejci played pretty well, but Lucic and Horton didn't seem to really do much at all.

Marchand's punk play.  At 7:50 of the third with the B's on the powerplay, there was a scrum at the net.  Coburn was on his knees at the crease when the whistle blew.  Marchand skates up and punches him in the back of the head.  Coburn gets up and pushes him in the face and Marchand skates away with his hand on his face...looking for the penalty.  Punk.  I hate him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Barbeque and Sulfer

In Response to Barbeque and Sulfer:
    Barbeque The speed.  They moved a lot faster than last year, got to loose pucks faster. The second line.  Fast as all heck, and created opportunities while remaining defensively reponsible.  Marchand really turned on his jets and his stick.  Whether they were out against the top line or the fourth, they gave fits.  I don't know if a team on Earth will be able to handle them well all year.  Peverley fit in just fine. Thomas.  Still #1 Seguin.  What a pass!  He was pretty invisible for the third, but was blazing in the first.  Huge year ahead. Sulfer Special teams.  How many shots on goal the Philly have while the B's were on the powerplay?  Second period play.  Night and day from the first period. The first line.  Krejci played pretty well, but Lucic and Horton didn't seem to really do much at all. Marchand's punk play.  At 7:50 of the third with the B's on the powerplay, there was a scrum at the net.  Coburn was on his knees at the crease when the whistle blew.  Marchand skates up and punches him in the back of the head.  Coburn gets up and pushes him in the face and Marchand skates away with his hand on his face...looking for the penalty.  Punk.  I hate him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

But other than that he was the game's obvious best player. In all honesty, I had to drive my girlfriend to work so I missed a 10 minute stretch which included said play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Barbeque and Sulfer:
    In Response to Barbeque and Sulfer : But other than that he was the game's obvious best player. In all honesty, I had to drive my girlfriend to work so I missed a 10 minute stretch which included said play.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I gave him similar kudos in both categories.  I have never questioned his skill or ability.  I just hate his style.

The defense played pretty well.  Bartkowski is still not an NHL defenseman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Barbeque and Sulfer:
    Barbeque The speed.  They moved a lot faster than last year, got to loose pucks faster. The second line.  Fast as all heck, and created opportunities while remaining defensively reponsible.  Marchand really turned on his jets and his stick.  Whether they were out against the top line or the fourth, they gave fits.  I don't know if a team on Earth will be able to handle them well all year.  Peverley fit in just fine. Thomas.  Still #1 Seguin.  What a pass!  He was pretty invisible for the third, but was blazing in the first.  Huge year ahead. Sulfer Special teams.  How many shots on goal the Philly have while the B's were on the powerplay?  Second period play.  Night and day from the first period. The first line.  Krejci played pretty well, but Lucic and Horton didn't seem to really do much at all. Marchand's punk play.  At 7:50 of the third with the B's on the powerplay, there was a scrum at the net.  Coburn was on his knees at the crease when the whistle blew.  Marchand skates up and punches him in the back of the head.  Coburn gets up and pushes him in the face and Marchand skates away with his hand on his face...looking for the penalty.  Punk.  I hate him.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Saw that as well.  I am glad he fights all his battles. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Barbeque and Sulfer : I gave him similar kudos in both categories.  I have never questioned his skill or ability.  I just hate his style. The defense played pretty well.  Bartkowski is still not an NHL defenseman.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

He had a couple of shifts in which he didn't look out of place but, for the most part, he appeared to be overmatched physically and mentally.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

He was the best player on the ice in my eyes.  I didnt like the rabbit punch when someone is down, then take one and grab the mouth like he was shot.  Must have been someone else. Brad doesnt do that stuff. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In Response to Re: Barbeque and Sulfer : He had a couple of shifts in which he didn't look out of place but, for the most part, he appeared to be overmatched physically and mentally.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I think its an area we will add at the deadline.  depth dmen are crucial as we saw last year. 

And I am gonna say this right now.  Van struggles to make the playoffs!  Hate them

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Anyone think something is up with Lucic? He only played just over 14 minutes and was worse than invisible. Horton was not much better and fell rather awkwardly into the boards in the first....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

jay,

I think you ride the hot hand.  they werent playing the other 2 lines were

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Normally I would agree with you Shupe but Horton looked like he was in considerable pain after that fall and his shots lacked velocity which may suggest his shoulder is still bothering him.

As for Milan, he has been quiet all pre-season as well as tonight and only Kelly played less minutes than Lucic on the top three lines.  My spidey sense is tingling...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Normally I would agree with you Shupe but Horton looked like he was in considerable pain after that fall and his shots lacked velocity which may suggest his shoulder is still bothering him. As for Milan, he has been quiet all pre-season as well as tonight and only Kelly played less minutes the Lucic on the top three lines.  My spidey sense is tingling...
    Posted by jaywall

I said the same thing after the Horton tumble.  Looked harmless.  Just hope he is 100%.  I would rather have him sit down a while to be completely healthy.  and maybe I am just assuming.
    Lucic I find is like this a lot which makes him frustrating.  He wasnt a world beater the last part of last year or in the playoffs.  Thats when I wonder should they maybe shake it up after a while. 
    Anyway.  Its one game.  I am not worried about those guys.  DK is primed for a huge year.  Horton easily could have tied it and we wouldnt be talking about this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Agree with you on Horton. If he is not good to go he should be sitting. After all, we do have Pouliot in the pressbox waiting for an opportunity to show his worth to his new team.

It would not shock me to see this happen by game 3.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Agree with you on Horton. If he is not good to go he should be sitting. After all, we do have Pouliot in the pressbox waiting for an opportunity to show his worth to his new team. It would not shock me to see this happen by game 3.
    Posted by jaywall

It'll surprise me if he replaces Caron. He was another Bruin who's effort stood out.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Barbeque and Sulfer : It'll surprise me if he replaces Caron. He was another Bruin who's effort stood out.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Yeah, Caron played well.  Beautiful hit in the neutral zone when he should have been a dead man!

I think he and Seguin outskill Kelly by a mile.  Both of them are poised for second line duty sooner than later.  The B's are going to have to make some moves.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

BBQ
    March scores last of 2011 season and first of 2012, talk about picking it up where you left off.  Seg sweet pass.

Sulfur
    Ryder was sorely missed.  CJ may have a cup but he still sucks. 4th line with  7 and a half mins left take a min and a half shift to follow a PP, pretty much all in their own end.  Kelly is the player Ott got rid of and everyone hated Ryd. Last 3 secs Corvo Chara Boyn Hort  and Kelly = WOW that's what I would have done.
    Start er off with a bang.

Noone ever wins special nights, overall it is just too sweet for hockey to be back.  Habs lose to Leafs, also good, we don't need anymore big picks from them.

Sections
Shortcuts