Barry Melrose just gave Boston the kiss of death

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

Barry Melrose just gave Boston the kiss of death

He predicted Boston in 7.  Every single one of this clowns playoff predictions have been dead wrong so far.  Boston are toast!  *facepalm*

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: Barry Melrose just gave Boston the kiss of death

hey, at some point the guy has to make the right call. LOL!

Good thing he doesn't play the games. This is all the players. We'll see how they respond to the newest adversity..........and the conf. finals.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I predict the same - Boston in 7 !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DonInSac. Show DonInSac's posts

Melrose is just talking trash on Tampa Bay because of the extremely short yet awful coaching experience that he had there. I think that the health of one Patrice Bergeron should rank higher on the concern scale than anything that a TV-type talking head who couldn't cut it in the coaching ranks has to say. Besides, it's not as if Melrose predicted that the Bruins would win a short series (4 or 5 games) or anything; THAT would have gotten my attention.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan4778. Show bruinsfan4778's posts

will be a close series. if boston stays out of the box...Bruins in 6.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

No Bergeron = no win

(my No Chara = no win prediction for Game 2 was spot on!)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

alright, whatever bruinfaninnewjersey

i don't think we can predict whats going to happen in this series. we will konw a LOT more after the first game however. These teams haven't met for quite some time, and tampa's goaltending has gotten a lot better. I feel the bruins could win this one quickly, in 5, or it could be a long series with them winning or losing in 7. I don't see the bruins losing a quick series however. they've faced too much adversity already

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to Re: Barry Melrose just gave Boston the kiss of death:
    [QUOTE]Melrose is just talking trash on Tampa Bay because of the extremely short yet awful coaching experience that he had there. I think that the health of one Patrice Bergeron should rank higher on the concern scale than anything that a TV-type talking head who couldn't cut it in the coaching ranks has to say. Besides, it's not as if Melrose predicted that the Bruins would win a short series (4 or 5 games) or anything; THAT would have gotten my attention.
    Posted by DonInSac[/QUOTE]

I remember in 2003 or 2004, Melrose comparing the hockey playoffs to baseball and saying the Red Wings were like the Yankees, that they spend tons of money but are smart and are winners.  Then he said the Rangers were like the Red Sox, spending money but always losing (except one year for NYR).

I stopped listening to his mullet... er, opinion after than.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

bruins in 5, 6 tops, bruins playoff expirience and determination to erase last year takes over, with or without begeron

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I like Melrose. We've all made some rather silly predictions around here...can't win them all. He brings good analysis and some character without going overboard. I really like when he pairs up with Barnaby or Levy.

Melrose has been on the Bruins bandwagon for some time...I think it was right before the playoffs when he said Boston and San Jose were going to be tough to beat. He's not that far off.

Boston in 6 in a fairly even series if you ask me. Both teams have the ability to split on the road for the first 4 games, then Boston takes over Games 5 and 6 with or without the return of Bergeron. They find a way....a line surprisingly steps up, Thomas steals a game, etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tarpouch. Show tarpouch's posts

Boston in six. Tyler will rise to the challenge. I think tampa will bring out tys skill set.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Hopefully, Bergeron's "slight" concussion does not require a lengthy absence. The comments on Seguin need to be tempered, as Claude will determine where he plays. IMO Campbell would be the best fit with Marchand and Recchi, that leaves Kreji and Kelly lines the same, and settles on who will be on the 4th line. Seguin and Paille are fast, but do not control the puck consistently. Thornton does not control the puck at all, but as a protector for Seguin it might work. However a better capability would be Caron to replace Thornton with Seguin and Paille. A slightly different option would have Kelly as 4th line center and Seguin with Ryder and Peverly. Either way replacing Thornton would improve the Bruins overall effectiveness.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from thedauber1. Show thedauber1's posts

[QUOTE]Hopefully, Bergeron's "slight" concussion does not require a lengthy absence. The comments on Seguin need to be tempered, as Claude will determine where he plays. IMO Campbell would be the best fit with Marchand and Recchi, that leaves Kreji and Kelly lines the same, and settles on who will be on the 4th line. Seguin and Paille are fast, but do not control the puck consistently. Thornton does not control the puck at all, but as a protector for Seguin it might work. However a better capability would be Caron to replace Thornton with Seguin and Paille. A slightly different option would have Kelly as 4th line center and Seguin with Ryder and Peverly. Either way replacing Thornton would improve the Bruins overall effectiveness.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

kelly as a 4th line center? lunacy. bump either peverley or kelly up to center with the recchi line, put seguin on the wing on the third line

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from abra-cadaver. Show abra-cadaver's posts

[QUOTE]Melrose has been on the Bruins bandwagon for some time[/QUOTE]

On the Boston bandwagon for some time?  He predicted Philly would beat them in 5 games, and went on and on about how much better and deeper Philly are than Boston before the series started.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barry Melrose just gave Boston the kiss of death : kelly as a 4th line center? lunacy. bump either peverley or kelly up to center with the recchi line, put seguin on the wing on the third line
    Posted by thedauber1[/QUOTE]They may do that.I had thought of a 4th line of Seguin ,Thornton and Paille but I am not sure that combination would be strong enough ,Campbell really holds that line together.Now that Ryder is digging in and playing hard ,it might make an interesting line:Ryder,Seguin and Peverly.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Barry Melrose just gave Boston the kiss of death : On the Boston bandwagon for some time?  He predicted Philly would beat them in 5 games, and went on and on about how much better and deeper Philly are than Boston before the series started.
    Posted by abra-cadaver[/QUOTE]

He said 6 or 7, and it was mostly b/c of the Bruins PP. I was thinking more along the lines of his enthusiasm for them at the start of the year, after the trade deadline and then heading into the playoffs.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dennis3feetwideman. Show dennis3feetwideman's posts

Did he remind everyone before his pick how HE brought the Kings to the stanley cup finals.....He also said the bruins would get the better end of the Joe Thorton trade.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I have respect for Tampa and their skill but even without Bergie the Bruins are the better team. Mr. Melrose also sees this and is correct but the Bruins will win this series no matter how many games it takes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

mathew barnaby picked the bolts in 7 so I guess its split between 2 ESPN hockey guys

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

B's went from a slight to solid favorite with Begeron in the lineup to a pick 'em.  Keep those Western Conference series going to buy time for him to get back.

A couple of thoughts on the proposed new lines:  If Kelly moves to the 2nd line and Seguin to the 3rd it leaves two unbalanced lines, shot wise.  The 2nd would be all lefties and the 3rd all righties.  Does anyone see this as a problem?

Also, Seguin-Peverly-Ryder doesn't stike me as the best two way line going.  I wonder if Claude has Campbell move up and have Seguin center the 4th line, along with playing on the PP.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins CAN win this.  It's up to the Bruins to do it.  Those who are barking the Bergy song should just wear Lightning jerseys. 
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Really Ipot........what jerseys should the folks who predicted a Montreal win 2 games into the playoffs wear?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

[QUOTE]Boston in six. Tyler will rise to the challenge. I think tampa will bring out tys skill set.
    Posted by tarpouch[/QUOTE]
    Keep Wishing and Dreaming....Thats all any of us can do right now with Seguin being in the line up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenwayjack2. Show fenwayjack2's posts

[QUOTE]Melrose is just talking trash on Tampa Bay because of the extremely short yet awful coaching experience that he had there. I think that the health of one Patrice Bergeron should rank higher on the concern scale than anything that a TV-type talking head who couldn't cut it in the coaching ranks has to say. Besides, it's not as if Melrose predicted that the Bruins would win a short series (4 or 5 games) or anything; THAT would have gotten my attention.
    Posted by DonInSac[/QUOTE]

Absolutely correct, Bergeron is a big issue.  Melrose and the other talking heads can stick their opinions where the sun don't shine.  I'd listen to Don Cherry's dog, Blue, before paying attention to those clowns. 

Sections
Shortcuts