Bart Signed.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Bart Signed.....

...AutoCup!!

It appears the Boston Bruins and defenseman Matt Bartkowski will not be going to arbitration after all.

Elliotte Friedman of Hockey Night In Canada reported Monday that Bartkowski and the Bruins avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year contract worth $1.25 million.

Bartkowski, 26, had 18 assists in 64 games for the Bruins last season and one assist in eight Stanley Cup Playoff games. The Pittsburgh native has 20 assists in 84 career games.

Bartkowski was selected by the Florida Panthers in the seventh round (No. 190) of the 2008 NHL Draft.

Boston still has to re-sign entry level free agents Torey Krug and Reilly Smith, as well as restricted free agents Jordan Caron and Matt Fraser.

Nice raise!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Bart Signed.....

Now he can be packaged , again , at the trade deadline.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Now he can be packaged , again , at the trade deadline.

[/QUOTE]

Hopefully before that.
    [object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hopefully....if not, way to eat up most of the remaining cap space buddy!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I glad he signed, hes a bigger plus to this team than most relaize, hoping he has a great year here,

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hopefully....if not, way to eat up most of the remaining cap space buddy!

[/QUOTE]
    Hmmmm...there must be a bigger plan that we're not aware of, trading him should be easier now.

[object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I glad he signed, hes a bigger plus to this team than most relaize, hoping he has a great year here,

[/QUOTE]
    Sorry to disappoint you Wally but i don't think this is going to happen.

[object HTMLDivElement]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yeah, attaching an actual price to the name may make trading easier.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I don't want bart traded just to clear room. I think he has value, a lot of potential, and could be traded for something good, or used as an asset on the roster. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Chara-Seids

JB-Hamilton

McQuaid-Krug

Where is Bart going to fit in again? At 1.25mill no less? Pricey for a 7th dman (Miller is already on the books at 800k) and he is certainly not going to the A. He will be dealt and a guy with no goals in 84 career NHL games with a propensity for taking minors will not fetch all that much on his own.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't want bart traded just to clear room. I think he has value, a lot of potential, and could be traded for something good, or used as an asset on the roster. 

[/QUOTE]
    So if he isn't traded,where does he fit. McQuaid sits? With Miller as it stands they have 8 d-men,someone has to go,Bart is the guy.

[object HTMLDivElement]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I can see McQ getting dealt as well.  He would like

y bring more back as well

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't think they would get much in the way of trading Bartkowski. Realistically what's his value? He was sub-par in the playoffs. He has the equivalent of 1 NHL season under his belt, mostly as a 6th dman. He's on a 1 year deal and will be a UFA next July 1st and can then be signed by Edmonton for 9.2 bazillion/yr for 10 years. I think they plan on keeping him. Unless Edmonton is where the B's trade him??? Hmmm...Eberle perhaps??? :P

Maybe Darth will be the one dealt? IMO the B's think there isn't much of a difference between Miller and McQuaid and Miller can close that gap with a bit more experience and probably stay on the ice more than mr. injury prone. Not that McQuaid will return much either but they would be clearing a little over $1.5m off the cap.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think they would get much in the way of trading Bartkowski. Realistically what's his value? He was sub-par in the playoffs. He has the equivalent of 1 NHL season under his belt, mostly as a 6th dman. He's on a 1 year deal and will be a UFA next July 1st and can then be signed by Edmonton for 9.2 bazillion/yr for 10 years. I think they plan on keeping him. Unless Edmonton is where the B's trade him??? Hmmm...Eberle perhaps??? :P

Maybe Darth will be the one dealt? IMO the B's think there isn't much of a difference between Miller and McQuaid and Miller can close that gap with a bit more experience and probably stay on the ice more than mr. injury prone. Not that McQuaid will return much either but they would be clearing a little over $1.5m off the cap.

[/QUOTE]

after seidenberg went down Bartkowski was used much more liberally. He hit a wall in the playoffs and didn't play well, but he was 3rd in ice time after Seidenberg was lost behind Chara and Boychuk. He wasn't used as a number 6, he was a second pairing guy for the majority of the season. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can see McQ getting dealt as well.  He would like

y bring more back as well

[/QUOTE]

I think you're right, Shupe

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

after seidenberg went down Bartkowski was used much more liberally. He hit a wall in the playoffs and didn't play well, but he was 3rd in ice time after Seidenberg was lost behind Chara and Boychuk. He wasn't used as a number 6, he was a second pairing guy for the majority of the season. 

[/QUOTE]

The 2nd and 3rd pairings were a mix-n-match sort of thing. The D wasn't slotted in order of who is best. When I referred to him as mostly  the 6th dman I was talking about his ranking among the D. In fairness he played well with Boychuk for a pretty good stretch but that didn't happen right away. Miller was probably my #6 for that period.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:[QUOTE] Now he can be packaged , again , at the trade deadline.  [/QUOTE]

Hopefully before that. [/QUOTE]

And hopefully a piece in a bigger trade to free up cap space. I don't think Bartlowski can be on the Bruins roster. Defense is full.

Be nice to get another college defenseman back LoL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

[QUOTE]

...AutoCup!!

It appears the Boston Bruins and defenseman Matt Bartkowski will not be going to arbitration after all.

Elliotte Friedman of Hockey Night In Canada reported Monday that Bartkowski and the Bruins avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year contract worth $1.25 million.

Bartkowski, 26, had 18 assists in 64 games for the Bruins last season and one assist in eight Stanley Cup Playoff games. The Pittsburgh native has 20 assists in 84 career games.

Bartkowski was selected by the Florida Panthers in the seventh round (No. 190) of the 2008 NHL Draft.

Boston still has to re-sign entry level free agents Torey Krug and Reilly Smith, as well as restricted free agents Jordan Caron and Matt Fraser.

Nice raise!

[/QUOTE]

They low balled him so badly he had nothing to lose by going to arbitration. MAtter of fact he'd have been a fool not to go to arbitration. Maybe if they have gone with close to a million first offer they could have saved a few bucks. Obviously settling at 1.25 million Chia knew Bart and his agent had him beat at arbitration..And by a lot too!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Lex, if that were the case wouldn't Bart just go to arbitration to get this payday rather than settle?

His case was to be heard July 31

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:

[/QUOTE]

They low balled him so badly he had nothing to lose by going to arbitration. MAtter of fact he'd have been a fool not to go to arbitration. Maybe if they have gone with close to a million first offer they could have saved a few bucks. Obviously settling at 1.25 million Chia knew Bart and his agent had him beat at arbitration..And by a lot too!!!

[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm totally missing something, there is no way PC knows what the arbiter is going to decide.

I also find it hard to believe that a guy who has never played a full NHL season and only has about 82 NHL games under his belt is going to be awarded much more than the $1.25 he got. Nor would his agent let him settle for that if it were likely that the arbiter would give him more than that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

[QUOTE]

Lex, if that were the case wouldn't Bart just go to arbitration to get this payday rather than settle?

[/QUOTE]

Chia ended up giving him double what he was offered. Isn't that a lot?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Chia ended up giving him double what he was offered. Isn't that a lot?  

[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting that PC was offering him a pay cut from last year or is the math escaping you? The CBA dictates that PC had to offer him at least 715,000$ just to retain arbitration rights.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm totally missing something, there is no way PC knows what the arbiter is going to decide.

I also find it hard to believe that a guy who has never played a full NHL season and only has about 82 NHL games under his belt is going to be awarded much more than the $1.25 he got. Nor would his agent let him settle for that if it were likely that the arbiter would give him more than that.

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying Chia's qualifying offer was 650 thousand. If he ended up settling at 1.25 million then he must have known that no way his 650 grand would stand up in arbitration. Why would he then give Bart double?  My guess is both sides figured between a million to 1.5 million and settled in between.But the 650 offer was a joke!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm saying Chia's qualifying offer was 650 thousand. If he ended up settling at 1.25 million then he must have known that no way his 650 grand would stand up in arbitration. Why would he then give Bart double?  My guess is both sides figured between a million to 1.5 million and settled in between.But the 650 offer was a joke!!!

[/QUOTE]

You're  dead wrong about the qualifying offer. Bart made 650,000$ last season and had to be offered a 10% raise (at least). Clearly, you have no factual basis for your claim. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're  dead wrong about the qualifying offer. Bart made 650,000$ last season and had to be offered a 10% raise (at least). Clearly, you have no factual basis for your claim. 

[/QUOTE]

Go to Days of Y'orr.  Posted July 7 ,2014. Mick Colageo of rink rap wrote about Matt Bartkowskis arbitration hearing. He said " Last week the Bruins put a qualifying offer out on Bartkowski for 650,000 dollars." That's where I got it. And even if your 710 or 715 is correct. Isn't the 1.25 still a lot more than that. Chia had to know his offer was way to low to give that amount more.