Bartkowski files for arbitration

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Bartkowski files for arbitration

Trouble brewing...? How many would be upset if he left? I can't imagine he'd get much. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Bartkowski files for arbitration

Silver lining: this will give the Bruins an additional buyout period.  I have no idea if compliance buyouts would be allowed (I suspect not), and I don't think the Bruins will use a regular buyout, but it's something.

-- Proud user of http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vclq_sgc2c-69-chambraigne" rel="nofollow">Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

What?  Why that ungrateful little...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't mind him leaving, but I'd like to get something back so...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Silver lining: this will give the Bruins an additional buyout period.  I have no idea if compliance buyouts would be allowed (I suspect not), and I don't think the Bruins will use a regular buyout, but it's something.

-- Proud user of http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8vclq_sgc2c-69-chambraigne" rel="nofollow">Chambraigne; Now with Wiener Scent! --

[/QUOTE]
    Why do you think they should buy him out?  Why couldn't they trade him?

-GNB, King Of The Forum

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Go Bart!!! Troll the Bruin Fans as much as possible  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I think Bartkowski will be part of a trade along with shedding some salary.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

They must have offered him a horrible contract if he's going to go this route.

And fellas, they don't need to buy him out of a contract that he doesn't have.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

To be honest i dont care what they do with him.  I dont think hes good enough to be on this team. He had an ok playoffs a few yrs back.  Deal him for a bundle of sticks and a dozen meat lovers pizzas.  

As for Kelly i think he will be dealt.  I also think Boychuk will be dealt.  PC is gonna make moves.  There is no way he goes into the season with no wiggle room.   

Here is another trade im making up bc im bored.  Loui and Boychuk for Marleau.  SJ needs some defense and Loui would likely play with Joe and get 60 goals.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Oh I'd even go 70 goals Shup

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why do you think they should buy him out?  Why couldn't they trade him?

-GNB, King Of The Forum

[/QUOTE]

Not him specifically,that would be silly.  It just gives Chiarelli a chance to buyout a player at a time later than he would be allowed otherwise.  It's a small silver lining that I doubt will be used.

If they don't like the deal the arbiter awards him, they'll just walk away.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not him specifically,that would be silly.  It just gives Chiarelli a chance to buyout a player at a time later than he would be allowed otherwise.  It's a small silver lining that I doubt will be used.

If they don't like the deal the arbiter awards him, they'll just walk away.

[/QUOTE]

I misread your post.  It's an option.  I agree it won't happen, but it's an option.

-GNB, King Of The Forum

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Make sense from Bartkowski's perspective. He was a  a regular in two playoffs and played 20mins a night in 64 games of a regular season. Coming off a deal that pays him $650K (a pittance in today's NHL) I am thinking he probably wants twice that.

That said, I will have no issues if PC decides to walk away from whatever the arbitrator decides. Or trades him for that matter

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Make sense from Bartkowski's perspective. He was a  a regular in two playoffs and played 20mins a night in 64 games of a regular season. Coming off a deal that pays him $650K (a pittance in today's NHL) I am thinking he probably wants twice that.

That said, I will have no issues if PC decides to walk away from whatever the arbitrator decides. Or trades him for that matter

[/QUOTE]

I believe they tendered him at lowest price they can so he's got nothing to lose. He knows they're gonna dump him off in a second so he might as well go for more dough . If they walk away that's great for him . I think he showed enough thAt some team will scoop him up for a million a season for a couple years. I know he crapped the bed in playoffs but otherwise he played pretty good and can add some speed to some teams defense that could use it. He's way more valuable than Caron and offered about the same..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Pk S ubban and Eller are also both filing for arbriatation.....cant believe the habs didnt make a good offer to Subban....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 3 more Cups by 2020

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Think the award needs to be $3.5M per year to walk away. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

uh oh...is this another research moment Crowls? lol

I will take your word for it...and I agree with Sandog, I can see him being packaged for a trade.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

12.10 Walk-Away Rights for Player-Elected Salary Arbitration.

(a) If a Club has elected to arbitrate a one-year SPC, and the award issued is for $3,500,000 or more per annum, then the Club may, within forty-eight (48) hours after the award of the Salary Arbitrator is issued (or, if a Club has any other Player still eligible for salary arbitration at that time and for whom a decision has not been rendered by a Salary Arbitrator at that time, and the Club still has a walk-away right available to it in such League Year pursuant to paragraph (c) below, forty-eight (48) hours after the award of the Salary Arbitrator for such other Player is issued or that Player's salary arbitration case is settled), notify the Player or his Certified Agent, if any, the NHLPA and the NHL in writing, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, that it does not intend to tender to the Player an SPC based on the award as determined by the Salary Arbitrator.  Upon receipt of that notice, the Player shall automatically be deemed to be an Unrestricted Free Agent. (b) If a Club has elected to arbitrate a two-year SPC and the award issued is for $3,500,000 or more per annum, then the Club may, within forty-eight (48) hours after the award of the Salary Arbitrator is issued (or, if a Club has any other Player still eligible for salary arbitration at that time and for whom a decision has not been rendered by a Salary Arbitrator at that time, and the Club still has a walk-away right available to it in such League Year pursuant to paragraph (c) below, forty-eight (48) hours after the award of the Salary Arbitrator for such other Player is issued or that salary arbitration case is settled), notify the Player or his Certified Agent, if any, the NHLPA and the NHL in writing, in accordance with Exhibit 3 hereof, that it does not intend to tender to the Player a two-year SPC based on the award as determined by the Salary Arbitrator.  Upon receipt of that notice, the Player and the Club shall enter into a one-year SPC providing for the compensation set forth in the award and the Player will automatically be deemed to be an Unrestricted Free Agent at the conclusion of that one-year SPC, subject to the provisions of paragraph (c) below. (c) Notwithstanding the provisions of paragraphs (a) and (b) above, a Club may exercise the walk-away rights referred to therein not more than one (1) time in a League Year in which the Club has only one (1) salary arbitration award, one (1) time in a League Year in which the Club has two (2) salary arbitration awards, two (2) times in any League Year in which the Club has three (3) salary arbitration awards, two (2) times in any League Year in which the Club has four (4) salary arbitration awards, three (3) times in any League Year in which the Club has five (5) salary arbitration awards and so on.  If a Club exercises its walk-away right with respect to a two-year award, the walk-away right shall be deemed to be exercised in the first year of the two-year SPC.
    ARTICLE 12 12.10-12.10
    (d) The dollar amount of $3,500,000 set forth in each of paragraphs (a) and (b) above shall be increased on an annual basis at the same percentage rate of annual increase as the Average League Salary, with the first such increase occurring based upon a comparison of the 2014/15 Average League Salary to the 2013/14 Average League Salary.  By way of example, if the Average League Salary for the 2014/15 League Year has increased by ten (10) percent from the Average League Salary for the 2013/14 League Year, then the figure of $3,500,000 stated in paragraphs (a) and (b) above shall be increased by ten (10) percent to $3,850,000. (e) No Club shall be entitled to walk away from any award in a Club-elected salary arbitration.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Thanks Crowls. Appreciate it!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle-Salty. Show Uncle-Salty's posts

I hope the Bruins go to the hearing with a tape of "Barts" (snicker) performance in game 7 vs Montreal. He should end up having to pay to play after a look at that little gem.

I'm not sure why we want/need him anyways.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

agreed. I believe he figured in on a couple of goals that game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Well, that's a wrinkle in this.  I'm going to go ahead and assume that an arbiter would have to be delirious to reward him over $3.5m.  That takes away the walk-away option!

If forced to sign him for, say, $2m, that's more salary that has to go out of the organization.  Possibly just by trading him, of course.  If it is actually possible to complete a trade with him involved.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hope the Bruins go to the hearing with a tape of "Barts" (snicker) performance in game 7 vs Montreal. He should end up having to pay to play after a look at that little gem.

[/QUOTE]

Their not allowed to bring any tapes or videos showing his performances .  And no media reports either.  It'll be mostly comparing stats with other defensemen. The Bruins can chime in at how bad he did in playoffs.  During season he's got a +22 and actually during playoffs he was a +2 which was about the same as all their D.. My opinion says he beats what their offering. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Lex44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Uncle-Salty's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Their not allowed to bring any tapes or videos showing his performances .  And no media reports either.  It'll be mostly comparing stats with other defensemen. The Bruins can chime in at how bad he did in playoffs.  During season he's got a +22 and actually during playoffs he was a +2 which was about the same as all their D.. My opinion says he beats what their offering. 

[/QUOTE]

I think he was joking

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Not to dump on him because of this development plus I generally liked how he performed for the Bruins during their way to the finals two years ago. However, out of a group that includes Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, Hamilton, Krug, McQuaid, Miller and Halmilton he'd be the one I wouldn't have a problem with should he wear another jersey next season.