Bartkowski over Hamilton? Take a chance Claude.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Bartkowski over Hamilton? Take a chance Claude.

I know Claude hates letting young players into high pressure situations, but the two areas we need some real help at the D position is puck movement out of our zone and someone who can get pucks through to the net on the power play without having to blast it 100 mph (a snap shot through open lanes with Reimer in net drops the puck into the crease almost all day considering the guy never met a rebound he didnt like). Now, he may not be a shutdown guy yet, but Hamilton did impress during the year with both those skills. Wish he would give him a game...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Bartkowski over Hamilton? Take a chance Claude.

I guess you missed game 2 when Hamilton looked nervous?  But the biggest reason Bart was in over Hamilton was that it was less disruptive to the rest of the D.  Too much thinking when Seidenberg is playing one side of the ice when he's on with Hamilton, another side when he's with Chara, etc.

Bartkowski ended up a -1 because of the bad bounce on Boychuck's pass, and he deserved it because he had an angle to stop McClement and didn't make a play on him even though he did pick up his own man.

He played less than 7 minutes.  Does it really matter if it's him or it's Hamilton when he's playing 7 minutes?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

I guess you missed game 2 when Hamilton looked nervous?  But the biggest reason Bart was in over Hamilton was that it was less disruptive to the rest of the D.  Too much thinking when Seidenberg is playing one side of the ice when he's on with Hamilton, another side when he's with Chara, etc.

Bartkowski ended up a -1 because of the bad bounce on Boychuck's pass, and he deserved it because he had an angle to stop McClement and didn't make a play on him even though he did pick up his own man.

He played less than 7 minutes.  Does it really matter if it's him or it's Hamilton when he's playing 7 minutes?

I hear you, but thats my point kindof. Give him the 7 minutes, see if his puck movement can help, if it cant it probably doesnt kill us. I personally think his executing lanes with the snap shot on the pp is stellar, and with Reimer dropping everything, that puck is gonna be tight to the crease.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I say yes on Hamilton because he can do no worse defensively than Bartkowski but can do better on offense. Doug is not going to see much more TOI and physically he's better than Matt.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I say yes on Hamilton because he can do no worse defensively than Bartkowski but can do better on offense. Doug is not going to see much more TOI and physically he's better than Matt.

I think back two years and how Seguin looked just as lost and suddenly he steals a game from TB almost singlehandedly. Sometimes you gotta let these kids play through the anxiety. I mean, it is only 7 minutes.

And agreed, with so desperate a need for offense, no excuse to have Bartkowski over Hamilton IMO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Yes, and I'd rather hamilton ont he power play than Ference.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Hamilton would be my choice. He can do more

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:Nice assist by ference on the Bozak goal

Yes, and I'd rather hamilton ont he power play than Ference.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Yes on Hamilton.  Not thrilled with the Chara/Seidenberg pair right now anyway.  Move DS back to left side with Hamilton, pair Boychuk with Chara and reuinte Ference and McQuaid.

Hamilton played 42 regular season games to Bartkowski's 11.  Hamilton's TOI was 17:07 to Bartkowski's 13:29.  Hamilton has played 2x the career NHL games with a materially higher number of minutes.

This is an example of the coach not trusting the young player.  Redden gets the spot over Hamilton, then Bartkowski jumps him in the rotation.  Does that make Hamilton the 8th d-man or is Johnson ahead of him too? 

Outside of being Soderberg and Daugavins new BFF, Hamilton is wasting away in the press box.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

I hear you, but thats my point kindof. Give him the 7 minutes, see if his puck movement can help, if it cant it probably doesnt kill us. I personally think his executing lanes with the snap shot on the pp is stellar, and with Reimer dropping everything, that puck is gonna be tight to the crease.

It didn't work in game 2.  He went to the net every time he touched the puck in the offensive zone, and it was blocked or way off target each time.  Nerves, for sure, but that's a core part of his game and if he's not making that happn, I can see the worry about his ability to make the smart head's up offensive zone pass.

If you're going to put Hamilton in the lineup, you've got to ride with him - don't jerk everyone else around and play mix and match.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

.  Too much thinking when Bartkowski ended up a -1 because of the bad bounce on Boychuck's pass, and he deserved it because he had an angle to stop McClement and didn't make a play on him even though he did pick up his own man.

I believe it was Macarthur, but thats beside the point.Your spot on! Bartkowski should have saw Boychuk didnt have the momentum to catch #16 & angled him off. Hes young & did have his assignment covered, but should have had Boychuks back. I,ll take Hamilton just for the fact PP & they are only getting 7-8 mins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Could be. We know that the experienced Bruins D is slow to a fault. an agressive Hamilton, paired with Seids, back to his normal left side, could be the most optimal set-up based on seasonal play. As long as Claude let's the kid play his game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I like Hamilton and I'd take my chances with him. In the same token I don't have a problem w/ Bartkowski either he was fine the other night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Moot point anyway, sounds like Redden will play in game 6 tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

You cant take chances in the playoffs. bottom line is Hamilton is still a baby.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

Claude take a chance??? Lol never happen

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In response to riptide757's comment:

You cant take chances in the playoffs. bottom line is Hamilton is still a baby.

And Bartkowski is a grizzled veteran?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

Take a chance Claude.

That's like telling Gene Simmons not to show his tongue on stage.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

There was an entire thread about this. Bart is a lefty, Hamilton is a righty. That is 100% of the reason. That's the end of all of it. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Think the d-unit would also benefit from Hamilton's skating and mobility.  The Leafs speed has been a bit problematic for them to the point where they are giving up zone entry a little too easilly.  This is what you do after being turned a few times.

If Redden's in then it is what it is.  He's been pretty solid, but hope he's healthy enough to play his game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Think the d-unit would also benefit from Hamilton's skating and mobility.  The Leafs speed has been a bit problematic for them to the point where they are giving up zone entry a little too easilly.  This is what you do after being turned a few times.

If Redden's in then it is what it is.  He's been pretty solid, but hope he's healthy enough to play his game.

if you want hamilton in, who would you rather have sit. boychuk or mcquaid?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

What Crowls said. Plus, I think the right/lefty issue is a bit overated. We could use the mobility more than worrying about that.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

What Crowls said. Plus, I think the right/lefty issue is a bit overated. We could use the mobility more than worrying about that.

you might find it overrated, but the coaching staff doesn't. It accounts for 100% of their decision in the Hamilton/Bartkowski debate

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Hamilton's offensive game at this point in his career isn't that much better than Bartkowski's. Bart joins the rush pretty well, and is better defensively than Hamilton by a hair. They just can't afford rookie mistakes.

Why everyone has a hard-on for Hamilton in having to get playing time is beyond me. He still has 20 years left to play. Be patient.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Hamilton's offensive game at this point in his career isn't that much better than Bartkowski's. Bart joins the rush pretty well, and is better defensively than Hamilton by a hair. They just can't afford rookie mistakes.

Why everyone has a hard-on for Hamilton in having to get playing time is beyond me. He still has 20 years left to play. Be patient.

Tell us more about Bartkowski?  What have you seen in his 11 games this year that gets you thinking that he's ready for this?  Maybe it was the 3 games in 11-12 or the 6 games in 10-11?

Bartkowski has played 21 NHL games over 3 seasons, Hamilton played 43 this year.  It's not about what Hamilton may do over the next 20 years, it's about what he can do right now.  Rookie mistakes?  Assume you would include Bartkowski in that statement.