Baseball Juice Boys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Baseball Juice Boys

ARod and Ryan Braun (among many others)

Former MVPs

Suspended for steroids.

These fools were celebrated league wide for years.  This is the equivalent of Ovechkin (Arod) and StamPkos (Braun) getting busted for being cheaters.

Imagine the horror.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Baseball Juice Boys

I hate baseball anyway so I couldnt care less about the whole thing, but it does suck for true fans of the game that such idolized and respected players are getting busted for cheating.  If it were a few isolated incidents over the years, it probably would soften the blow.  But it seems like more and more of these guys are getting busted all the time.

Also NAS, didnt we already decide that Horton and Jagr were both on PED's?!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

The good old american past time.   

thank god for canadian hockey. B

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In George Laraque's book, he said many star players production, as well as their weight, decrease in Olympic years.  If Ovie, Sid and Stampkos have 8 goals apiece at the break, will PED's be a major topic of conversation?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

In George Laraque's book, he said many star players production, as well as their weight, decrease in Olympic years.  If Ovie, Sid and Stampkos have 8 goals apiece at the break, will PED's be a major topic of conversation?  

I personally dont think its a major issue in the NHL. I think it were, we'd be hearing more about it than from some ex-goon in his book.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

I personally dont think its a major issue in the NHL. I think it were, we'd be hearing more about it than from some ex-goon in his book.

I tend to agree with you Dave but he also cited the NHL as being very hush-hush about the situation as can be expected. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

What's wrong with you?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Fletch, shupe woke up on the wrong side of the border.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

What's wrong with you? [/QUOTE]

Shup sacracsm Fletch. The influx of more american hockey players playing in the NHL every year, have the walls closing in on him. Wiz Vs. Souray wasn't about the players LoL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

And we're sending Americans to fill the vacant RCMP positions

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

This place is gonna get ugly around Olympic time...

I'll start a "make up" thread a week after closing ceremonies.

Go shoot a moose, shupe.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

What's wrong with you?

Relax.  I poking fun.  Nfl and mlb arent exactly making great role models these days.  

Oh canada we stand on guard......for.......thee........  

Sing along its the gold medal song.   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

What's wrong with you?

Shup sacracsm Fletch. The influx of more american hockey players playing in the NHL every year, have the walls closing in on him. Wiz Vs. Souray wasn't about the players LoL

See.  You get it.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

No vacancies.  Currently we are full.  why would the most recognized and one of the largest police forces in the world need americans?   No idea.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Bronze!

• This post has been removed.

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Bronze!

We will save that for you.   looking fwd to the games.  Should make for some interesting chatter in here.   

• This post has been removed.

In response to stanjon's comment:

No vacancies.  Currently we are full.  why would the most recognized and one of the largest police forces in the world need americans?   No idea.  

umm , maybe they want to start introducing the juice to rcmp officers as well! 

We dont adopt the american way.   Tks though.  Juice not good for you.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

ARod and Ryan Braun (among many others)

Former MVPs

Suspended for steroids.

These fools were celebrated league wide for years.  This is the equivalent of Ovechkin (Arod) and StamPkos (Braun) getting busted for being cheaters.

Imagine the horror.

Was a big baseball fan. Loved the Red Sox, very rarley missed a game. Not as much as hockey, but close. Steroid use turned me off, and its too bad because I really still love the game. Now, if I'm working somewhere and theyre on, I'll watch to pass the time, but other than that, no thanks.

Favorite players growing up:

Dale Murphy: Braves were horrible, but they were on TBS and I became a fan.

Don Mattingly: Loved watching him hit.

Cal Ripken: Really the first big shortstop who could hit, and i played shortstop.

Omar Vizquel: Awesome in the field, so smart too.

And I really enjoyed watching Pedro pitch. Him on the mound was like an event to me.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Knock it off or we're gonna raise the rent up there.

Funny thing is, I actually root for Canada vs. anyone except us, despite the rivalry.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Hmm, according to the thread title and subsequent postings, Canada does not do drugs???  Baseball for clarification is a 19th century game that is still out selling attendance than any other sport in NA (73 million).  It has been "dying" for decades reaching back to 1930.  Also it is though a mirror image of American urban life.  Watch Ken Burn's Baseball.  For the Canadian pureist, 35 million in a land mass 2nd in the world.  I would tend to think less influence of urban influence on those farms in Alberta.  Oh well I am just as stupid as saying that as to say Canada is void of drugs.  PEDs are a matter of availabitlity in larger markets and cities.  It is a business.  Why would you set up a PED factory in Edmonton.  Geez.  Baseball is not dying, NAS can give you the $$ amounts better than I on why it is still a cash cow.  Even the beloved NFL football season/playoffs does not match the attendance figures.  Lastly in a random way, Finland and Sweden have small populations and small cities, both hockey incubaters.  I will say this, NAS has the thread of the week.  He woke me up from a long summer's dream of Bs 2013-14.

A scientific theory should be as simple as possible, but no simpler. -- Albert Einstein

Knock it off or we're gonna raise the rent up there.

Funny thing is, I actually root for Canada vs. anyone except us, despite the rivalry.

Im the same fletch.   Trust me when i say im joking with you guys.  If i could hand pck a place to live it would be boston.  

I think you should worry about your own rent by the way.   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No vacancies.  Currently we are full.  why would the most recognized and one of the largest police forces in the world need americans?   No idea.     [/QUOTE]

umm , maybe they want to start introducing the juice to rcmp officers as well!  [/QUOTE]

We dont adopt the american way.   Tks though.  Juice not good for you.  [/QUOTE]

Depends on who's juice!

When are you guys going to arrive into the 21st century and get off horses anyways ?

In response to islamorada's comment:

Hmm, according to the thread title and subsequent postings, Canada does not do drugs???  Baseball for clarification is a 19th century game that is still out selling attendance than any other sport in NA (73 million).  It has been "dying" for decades reaching back to 1930.  Also it is though a mirror image of American urban life.  Watch Ken Burn's Baseball.  For the Canadian pureist, 35 million in a land mass 2nd in the world.  I would tend to think less influence of urban influence on those farms in Alberta.  Oh well I am just as stupid as saying that as to say Canada is void of drugs.  PEDs are a matter of availabitlity in larger markets and cities.  It is a business.  Why would you set up a PED factory in Edmonton.  Geez.  Baseball is not dying, NAS can give you the $$ amounts better than I on why it is still a cash cow.  Even the beloved NFL football season/playoffs does not match the attendance figures.  Lastly in a random way, Finland and Sweden have small populations and small cities, both hockey incubaters.  I will say this, NAS has the thread of the week.  He woke me up from a long summer's dream of Bs 2013-14.

A scientific theory should be as simple as possible, but no simpler. -- Albert Einstein

brauns merchandise in sales has gone up since this announcement.   Lance, mlb, nfl, tiger and on and on.   Terrible roles models.  Nhl has seguin.  I think the nhl has perfect role models.   If you saw what sid does in his own time its impressive.   I ran into the rat in sobeys today.  Man is he short.   

• Sections
    Shortcuts