Baseball Juice Boys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Re: Baseball Juice Boys

Myopic reaction Dudley, Bob Probert comes to mind.  Access to PEDs is the issue not that Canadah is void of the same influences.  It is just has more land.  So does Sweden and Finland in comparison to population.  Babe Ruth was a drunk, Mickey Mantle too, if you want to look at Rocket Richard and compare then I say only one thing, Yawn!  21st century PEDs have not hit the loving country of Canada*.  If you have read my views on Canada then you would realize the weight of my argument.  I love the Canadian neighbors!

*Canada is still a homogenious society. 

In response to shuperman's comment:

In response to islamorada's comment:

Hmm, according to the thread title and subsequent postings, Canada does not do drugs???  Baseball for clarification is a 19th century game that is still out selling attendance than any other sport in NA (73 million).  It has been "dying" for decades reaching back to 1930.  Also it is though a mirror image of American urban life.  Watch Ken Burn's Baseball.  For the Canadian pureist, 35 million in a land mass 2nd in the world.  I would tend to think less influence of urban influence on those farms in Alberta.  Oh well I am just as stupid as saying that as to say Canada is void of drugs.  PEDs are a matter of availabitlity in larger markets and cities.  It is a business.  Why would you set up a PED factory in Edmonton.  Geez.  Baseball is not dying, NAS can give you the $$ amounts better than I on why it is still a cash cow.  Even the beloved NFL football season/playoffs does not match the attendance figures.  Lastly in a random way, Finland and Sweden have small populations and small cities, both hockey incubaters.  I will say this, NAS has the thread of the week.  He woke me up from a long summer's dream of Bs 2013-14.

A scientific theory should be as simple as possible, but no simpler. -- Albert Einstein

brauns merchandise in sales has gone up since this announcement.   Lance, mlb, nfl, tiger and on and on.   Terrible roles models.  Nhl has seguin.  I think the nhl has perfect role models.   If you saw what sid does in his own time its impressive.   I ran into the rat in sobeys today.  Man is he short.   

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

brauns merchandise in sales has gone up since this announcement.   Lance, mlb, nfl, tiger and on and on.   Terrible roles models.  Nhl has seguin.  I think the nhl has perfect role models.   If you saw what sid does in his own time its impressive.   I ran into the rat in sobeys today.  Man is he short.   

O.J Simpson stuff went for big bucks while he was on trial. A Hernandez jersey was up over 400.00 on Ebay a few weeks back.

As long as their in the news I guess.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

At times like this people like to crow about what's pure and what isn't, and maybe even pat themselves on the back for liking the right sport or being from the right country, or state, or town.  Isla's point about culture, population, and demagraphics is worth considering.

I hate cheating and it has turned me off to baseball and cycling, but let's not pretend that we're drawn to hockey just because they have less PED problems than other sports.  No PEDs in badmitton and if you could live in Greenland where those drugs aren't even available, but you don't.  Hockey is the best sport to watch.  That's why we like it.  We're also lucky to be from good country's and good cultures where we can avoid a lot of negative stuff that is worse elsewhere.  Our sports and culture have plenty of black eyes too, lest we try to throw stones, but yeah, baseball is in an ugly state.  Too ugly for me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

At times like this people like to crow about what's pure and what isn't, and maybe even pat themselves on the back for liking the right sport or being from the right country, or state, or town.  Isla's point about culture, population, and demagraphics is worth considering.

I hate cheating and it has turned me off to baseball and cycling, but let's not pretend that we're drawn to hockey just because they have less PED problems than other sports.  No PEDs in badmitton and if you could live in Greenland where those drugs aren't even available, but you don't.  Hockey is the best sport to watch.  That's why we like it.  We're also lucky to be from good country's and good cultures where we can avoid a lot of negative stuff that is worse elsewhere.  Our sports and culture have plenty of black eyes too, lest we try to throw stones, but yeah, baseball is in an ugly state.  Too ugly for me.

Fletch there have been over 50 arrests of nfl players since the superbowl, lance armstrong comes out, tiger woods and they all arent even close to baseball.  

It sure makes hockey a pleasure to watch and see them interviewed.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Myopic reaction Dudley, Bob Probert comes to mind.  Access to PEDs is the issue not that Canadah is void of the same influences.  It is just has more land.  So does Sweden and Finland in comparison to population.  Babe Ruth was a drunk, Mickey Mantle too, if you want to look at Rocket Richard and compare then I say only one thing, Yawn!  21st century PEDs have not hit the loving country of Canada*.  If you have read my views on Canada then you would realize the weight of my argument.  I love the Canadian neighbors!

*Canada is still a homogenious society. 

Hmm, according to the thread title and subsequent postings, Canada does not do drugs???  Baseball for clarification is a 19th century game that is still out selling attendance than any other sport in NA (73 million).  It has been "dying" for decades reaching back to 1930.  Also it is though a mirror image of American urban life.  Watch Ken Burn's Baseball.  For the Canadian pureist, 35 million in a land mass 2nd in the world.  I would tend to think less influence of urban influence on those farms in Alberta.  Oh well I am just as stupid as saying that as to say Canada is void of drugs.  PEDs are a matter of availabitlity in larger markets and cities.  It is a business.  Why would you set up a PED factory in Edmonton.  Geez.  Baseball is not dying, NAS can give you the $$ amounts better than I on why it is still a cash cow.  Even the beloved NFL football season/playoffs does not match the attendance figures.  Lastly in a random way, Finland and Sweden have small populations and small cities, both hockey incubaters.  I will say this, NAS has the thread of the week.  He woke me up from a long summer's dream of Bs 2013-14.

A scientific theory should be as simple as possible, but no simpler. -- Albert Einstein

So the size of the country and access to peds is why canada has failed to live up to what other countries are doing.  if we can get coke and meth im sure getting some peds isnt impossible.  I live in nova scotia(not exactly the hot bed of society) and the gyms are packed with roid monsters.   a great deal of these players come from very poor countries and were introduced to drugs before they came to the US.   Problem is they were introduced to these drugs by soneone from the US.   

If you look into proberts life he had many issues growing up.   and yes a few hockey players have and like to drink and party.   Some arent great role models.   But you never hear huge stories on orr, gretzky, mario, etc etc.   the games top figures down to the clowns are in general great people.  

Im not sure i can think of a sport where the elite arent involved in some kinda non sense.  Basketball is also a joke.  I dont want to racially profile but its hard not to look at that.  

Sports in general is disturbing.   Its refreshing that hockey isnt like that.   Our main issues with the sport are on ice issues to try and make it better and safer.   Not about jamming a needle and cheating.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

And we're sending Americans to fill the vacant RCMP positions

No vacancies.  Currently we are full.  why would the most recognized and one of the largest police forces in the world need americans?   No idea.    

umm , maybe they want to start introducing the juice to rcmp officers as well! 

We dont adopt the american way.   Tks though.  Juice not good for you. 

Depends on who's juice!

When are you guys going to arrive into the 21st century and get off horses anyways ?

haha.  Never been on one.  Pretty sure we have the same gear as most police forces in north america.  rcmp are larger then any US police force.  We train police forces across the world and in the US.   I have never received training from a US police outfit.   I would love to do a ride along in the US though.  Would be fun.  

Kelv.  Hook a fella up.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The moral outrage about PEDs is pretty extreme considering the NFL arrests for violence and murder -  Rae Carruth, Jovan Belcher, now Aaron Hernandez.  Jamal Lewis was using his NFL salary to buy cocaine with the intent to distribute - in the middle of his career.  Sam Hurd used his NFL salary and connections to broker drug distribution.  Comes down to the MLB guys on PEDs cheating the sport, where these other guys are committing felonies against society.  It's easier to contain and comprehend in the simple world of sport.

I still enjoy baseball, but there's always a niggle with the Mike Trouts or the Bryce Harpers where a guy seems to come out of nowhere and be so much better than almost everyone right from the word go that takes the joy out of appreciating what they can do.  I can put A-Rod's career on ignore, and Braun's, and still enjoy the games except for that.  And that's what makes me want them to burn it down.

Are you not entertained?!?!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Relax.  I poking fun.  Nfl and mlb arent exactly making great role models these days.  

Oh canada we stand on guard......for.......thee........  

Sing along its the gold medal song.   

This busted me up.  Just hanging out laughing in the office.  As if people need another reason to think I'm a weirdo.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Relax.  I poking fun.  Nfl and mlb arent exactly making great role models these days.  

Oh canada we stand on guard......for.......thee........  

Sing along its the gold medal song.   

This busted me up.  Just hanging out laughing in the office.  As if people need another reason to think I'm a weirdo.

NAS i can get destructive when bored.  I need hockey.  I have been hi jacking too many threads.  Ive gone from rask to canada pride.   Whats the next topic?   Haha.  

No vacancies.  Currently we are full.  why would the most recognized and one of the largest police forces in the world need americans?   No idea.  

Yeah, certainly the most recognized.  Tough to mistake the cop with the bright red coat riding a horse.

Why is your police force so large?  Barely anyone even lives up there.

NAS i can get destructive when bored.  I need hockey.  I have been hi jacking too many threads.  Ive gone from rask to canada pride.   Whats the next topic?   Haha.  

"We stand on guard for thee..."

We = USA

Protecting Canada for two hundred years.

Yeah, certainly the most recognized.  Tough to mistake the cop with the bright red coat riding a horse.

Why is your police force so large?  Barely anyone even lives up there.

im sure if bpd lapd or nypd had to police the entire country they would be larger.  We are federal baby.  I can arrest anywhere in canada.  

"We stand on guard for thee..."

We = USA

Protecting Canada for two hundred years.

What do we need protecting from.  We arent out there ticking the world off for greed.  Oil anyone?    And the US is mighty and flexes its muscles all the time.  How many wars have they won alone?   Vietnam owned your hind quarters.  We would be safer if you were further away.  The 911 bombings and marathon bombings are close to the border.   

im sure if bpd lapd or nypd had to police the entire country they would be larger.  We are federal baby.  I can arrest anywhere in canada.  

We have that here.

It's called the FBI.  Of course, they aren't required to know how to canter.

What do we need protecting from.  We arent out there ticking the world off for greed.  Oil anyone?    And the US is mighty and flexes its muscles all the time.  How many wars have they won alone?   Vietnam owned your hind quarters.  We would be safer if you were further away.  The 911 bombings and marathon bombings are close to the border.   

Yeah, Vietnam didn't work out as planned.  Of course, that was us trying to help a nation in peril.  What was Canada doing then?  Not my chair, not my problem!

We have that here.

It's called the FBI.  Of course, they aren't required to know how to canter.

We multi task here.  

Here's my tribute to Canada:

I'm at the office in South Florida.  I have quite a diverse group working for me here.  Today's selection on the radio:  World Container.

Not one person out there has a clue who this band is, but whatever.  Yer not the ocean.

Yeah, Vietnam didn't work out as planned.  Of course, that was us trying to help a nation in peril.  What was Canada doing then?  Not my chair, not my problem!

A nation in peril?   Its funny they jump in when its beneficial to guess who?   What was the Iraq war about again?   And that highly elite military took how many yrs to find an old man living in the rocks?   Canada has done and continues to do large peace keeping missions.  Peace.  Not blow everything up, rape and murder innocent people.  

Here's my tribute to Canada:

I'm at the office in South Florida.  I have quite a diverse group working for me here.  Today's selection on the radio:  World Container.

Not one person out there has a clue who this band is, but whatever.  Yer not the ocean.

Do you like the tragically hip?   

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Hey, great, the only thing better than a baseball thread on this forum - a debate about American foreign policy.  Yay.

Man, that Rask contract is AWESOME ...

Bet they know the barenaked ladies though.   Funny how the hip never really caught on outside of canada.  Try and find a concert here that isnt sold out.   I worked the outdoor stones concert in moncton back in 2005 and the hip were one of the opening acts.   what a show.  I was 2 feet from the stage working the quick respose team.  

A nation in peril?   Its funny they jump in when its beneficial to guess who?   What was the Iraq war about again?   And that highly elite military took how many yrs to find an old man living in the rocks?   Canada has done and continues to do large peace keeping missions.  Peace.  Not blow everything up, rape and murder innocent people.  

Gotta keep 'em honest.

No bin Laden.

No Saddam.

Better world.

Peacekeeping = US goes in, kills bad guys and gets things in order.  Peacekeepers come in after and stand around eating Timbits and telling everyone, "Don't do that or we'll call the USA."

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Hey, great, the only thing better than a baseball thread on this forum - a debate about American foreign policy.  Yay.

Man, that Rask contract is AWESOME ...

Haha.  One of your shortest threads ever.  Bravo.  

Bet they know the barenaked ladies though.   Funny how the hip never really caught on outside of canada.  Try and find a concert here that isnt sold out.   I worked the outdoor stones concert in moncton back in 2005 and the hip were one of the opening acts.   what a show.  I was 2 feet from the stage working the quick respose team.  

I love The Hip.  I started listening to them around the time Day for Night came out.  A guy on my college team was from outside of Toronto.

Can't get a ticket to them up there.  I used to pay $15 at general admission shows in Boston.

• Sections
    Shortcuts