Baseball Juice Boys

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Baseball Juice Boys

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to shuperman's comment:

[QUOTE]

The good old american past time.   

thank god for canadian hockey. B

How about all those hockey enforcers dying very young with all kinds of addiction problems. Yup there's that good old Canadian past time, hockey.

[/QUOTE]

NFL!  Lets get rid of the clowns.  Im all for it.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to marco0863's comment:

there are;t that many nhl players with addictions if u compare them to other sports like th NBa, Nfl and MLB- Also keep in mind some suffer from mental disorders like depression . Really, til today you cannot compare the substance abuse and juice use in the nhl to the other sports. They also cannot accept Hot dogging in the nhl- The NBA is the king of hot dogging.

NHL players are simply generally more grounded then the players of the other sports

Hockey players in general are great people.  Easiest to give an interview and thank the person for interviewing him.   You take andrew ference small gestures during his time here.   Brooks Laich a few yrs back after losing to pitt in gm 7 the year they won the cup....he stops and helps a lady with car trouble that is broken down.  cant imagine lebron doing this.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

How about all those hockey enforcers dying very young with all kinds of addiction problems. Yup there's that good old Canadian past time, hockey.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Long as we sweep out the CFL along w/ it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sorry my point was the nfl.  The clowns are the nhl goons you referred to.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whats the cfl?   Haha.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Whats the cfl?   Haha.   

I believe it's the RoughRiders vs. the Rough Riders.

Comical Football League

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Whats the cfl?   Haha.   

Comical Football League

Crying From Laughing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

Whats the cfl?   Haha.   

Comical Football League

[/QUOTE]

So bad.  I refuse to watch.  I love the NFL, go to many games and watching the cfl is a joke.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Whats the cfl?   Haha.   

Comical Football League

[/QUOTE]

So bad.  I refuse to watch.  I love the NFL, go to many games and watching the cfl is a joke.  

[/QUOTE]

It used to be fun when Flutie & Pin Ball Clemens played. Always felt Doug Flutie never got a fair shake in the NFL. When he went to the Bills & they started that loser Johnson in the 99' play-offs it was a total joke!!Ralph Wilson was an IDIOT! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

It used to be fun when Flutie & Pin Ball Clemens played. Always felt Doug Flutie never got a fair shake in the NFL. When he went to the Bills & they started that loser Johnson in the 99' play-offs it was a total joke!!Ralph Wilson was an IDIOT! 

I kid in my neighborhood did an internship for the Bills while Flutie was there and was also working for the Patriots while he was there. He said if your the starting quarterback and Flutie is on the roster, you better check your brake-lines before getting in. Said he was the biggest back stabber he's come across.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I kid in my neighborhood did an internship for the Bills while Flutie was there and was also working for the Patriots while he was there. He said if your the starting quarterback and Flutie is on the roster, you better check your brake-lines before getting in. Said he was the biggest back stabber he's come across.

If I were the backup QB and I felt I had the skills to succeed, I'd run out of knives before I ran out of backs to stab.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If I were the backup QB and I felt I had the skills to succeed, I'd run out of knives before I ran out of backs to stab.

[/QUOTE]

No kidding! To think Doug wasn't stabbed in his career is crazy. The guy proved he had the talent to be a starting NFL QB numerous times & this was in his late 30's let alone in when he was younger! I'd be looking for a back to stab too if I had the #'s he put up compared to that loser Johnson!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

It was sarcasm me postal pal.

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Psst.  shupe.  Don't go down the wrestling hole.  If someone brings up the Hart family, then isla's belief in the purity of Alberta farm families and the lack of access to PEDs will be lost forever!  Don't destroy the innocence!

Are you not entertained?!?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Love revisionist history.  Then again one has to read history.

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]
    A nation in peril?   Its funny they jump in when its beneficial to guess who?   What was the Iraq war about again?   And that highly elite military took how many yrs to find an old man living in the rocks?   Canada has done and continues to do large peace keeping missions.  Peace.  Not blow everything up, rape and murder innocent people.  

Gotta keep 'em honest.

No bin Laden.

No Saddam.

Better world.

Peacekeeping = US goes in, kills bad guys and gets things in order.  Peacekeepers come in after and stand around eating Timbits and telling everyone, "Don't do that or we'll call the USA."

[/QUOTE]

Your terms of honest are different then mine.  US= destroy, kill, rape, murder to get oil.  Its Funny the US has had to beg countries for support before going solo.  Why do you think that is.  Anyone know what Saddam did to the US?   Funny i dont see the US running into mexico and cleaning that mess up?   Why?   The money flow is good.   Apple pie, cheese burgers and coca cola for everyone.  Now lets go get rich and ruin the world.  We will give them some water and grain as we leave.  

[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Oscar Blues Brewery out of Brevard NC.  Dale's Pale ale and Old Chub.  Check beer advocate.  Canadians never had to go through Prohobition. 

I am going back to baseball, hockey is way to pure for me. 

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Red, I would agree with you that Canadian beer is better however it is not before the early 90s. Now you don't even have to leave Cali, Oregon, Colorado or Washington State to give Canada a run for the money in great tasting beer. The early 90s Microwbrewery explosion in America has finally produced some great brews.

Stone, AnchorSteam, Sierra Nevada etc...the US caught up.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Space here is limited in exploring the thoughts on PEDs in MLB as compared to the NHL.  My bullet logic then: 

PEDs are difficult to test.  MLB has a real issue whereas more players are doing PEDS and are not “caught”.

The NHL is seemingly not connected to the PED scandal.  The answer as to why ranges from proper testing, compliance to NHL rules on drugs, and yes availability. 

The Canadian population is less and spread out over a larger land mass.  Halifax for instance is large city with all the influences of urban culture.  Yet, nearby (?) Wolfville (Acadia University) and Charlottetown even St. John’s in NB are not large urban areas.  Saskatoon is not a large urban area. BTW my daughter should was accepted in Acadia U, I wish she did go to the school.  Nice area. 

Why set up a Biogenesis lab in any those towns given the population.

Why set up a Biogenesis lab in an area that does not produce the $ MLB now receive.  American national sports like MLB and the NFL the need of PEDs to perform.  Add closeness of urban populations and teams, the result is more usage and availability. 

Canada has a homogeneous population for the most part.  It’s culture’s mores; traditions and customs are more stabilized by the social institutions…”canned wheat”.  As opposed to American culture, Canada has maintained certain innocence.  Hockey is a benefactor as its players have been brought up in a different environment than MLB players.  By the way, Meth and Heroin are prevalent rural areas is understood and not lost on innocence by this poster.    

It is economics not naivety for why more PEDs in MLB as opposed to the NHL given those thoughts. 

Seguin and Kane are just a long line of Canadian stars (Roenick and Guerin too) that partied too much. 

The day PEDs raises it’s ugly head in the NHL will be the day the $ of player’s contracts speed out of control.  It will happen if the NHL and hockey appeal grows in the US.  

Preseason starts roughly in a month.  Thank goodness

A scientific theory should be as simple as possible, but no simpler. -- Albert Einstein

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

A little late on this thread, but came across this review of US craft breweries:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/08/10/top-15-craft-beer-breweries-in-usa/2637493/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Hey thanks for bringing this post back up as I wanted to thank you. I tried two of your suggestions, A summer Weiss from Full Sail and Breckle's Brown from Anchor Steam. I wasn't thrilled with the Weiss, not bad but a little on the tart side for me. But I loved the brown ale - had a few at the Pub and brought a twelve back through duty free with me. Going to make another run across the border this weekend and grab another case. Damn good.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

...not bad but a little on the tart side for me.

Come on, Red.  I thought you liked the tarts.

Anyway...

What about Shipyard?  They used to make an awesome porter.