Be Honest...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

Be Honest...

Deep down,would you really want to meet the Habs in the first ound, or any round for that matter?

As a lifelong B's fan I have to admit, I am nervous about the prospect of meeting Les Habitants in the post season.  I have lived through much heartbreak over my 38 hockey years, that rivalry just brings out my worst fears anytime they play, anxiety, nervousness, nausia...the list goes on and on.

To quote Red from Platoon "I got a bad feelin' on this one Sarge, I don't think I'm gonna make it outta here!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Be Honest...

I must admit I do - this year, but I must also admit I am frustrated with them.

I am happy the way they played, Tampa, Caps, Pens and Canucks this year.

Wings just killed them.

No way no how should they have lost a game against the Leafs this year, or even went into OT.

Should have a better record v Habs this year, losing games should have been at least close.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

In Response to Be Honest...:
    [QUOTE]Deep down,would you really want to meet the Habs in the first ound, or any round for that matter? As a lifelong B's fan I have to admit, I am nervous about the prospect of meeting Les Habitants in the post season.  I have lived through much heartbreak over my 38 hockey years, that rivalry just brings out my worst fears anytime they play, anxiety, nervousness, nausia...the list goes on and on. To quote Red from Platoon "I got a bad feelin' on this one Sarge, I don't think I'm gonna make it outta here!"
    Posted by Nolakanookie[/QUOTE]

A) It kind of makes me nervous, but if that were the case we would see the L-K-H line playing their full physical game and I don't think the Canadiens can beat the Bruins when that happens. Horton's an entirely different player when he plays with an attitude

B) that quote was McCluskey from Tropic Thunder. jk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

This is a common theme here and on local sports radio.  I don't really understand it.  It doesn't matter what we want. 

Things to be nervous about:

1.  The boss calling you into his office after you've made a big gaffe.

2.  Your wife calling you into the kitchen after you've made a big gaffe.

3.  The doctor calling you into his office a week after the tests.

What is there to be nervous about being a hockey fan?  You sit, you watch and the outcome has the sum total of zero bearing on any part of real life.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

No way! I lived in Montreal for years and had to live with their constant losses. We just can't seem to beat them no matter how good the team is. Maybe we need to bring Reggie Lemelin back!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In Response to Re: Be Honest...:
    [QUOTE]B) that quote was McCluskey from Tropic Thunder. jk.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

No offense, how old are you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Nervous no. 

Do I want them in round 1?  Yes.  B/C it would be great hockey. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[QUOTE]This is a common theme here and on local sports radio.  I don't really understand it.  It doesn't matter what we want.  Things to be nervous about: 1.  The boss calling you into his office after you've made a big gaffe. 2.  Your wife calling you into the kitchen after you've made a big gaffe. 3.  The doctor calling you into his office a week after the tests. What is there to be nervous about being a hockey fan?  You sit, you watch and the outcome has the sum total of zero bearing on any part of real life.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I said to be honest, I find it hard to believe that any Bruins fan can say they are not nervous when these two play, I never made reference to having a bearing on real life, I've been through your third point BTW.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : No offense, how old are you?

I'm 14. How old is your sense of humor? I'd guess about 47 or so.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : I'm 14. How old is your sense of humor? I'd guess about 47 or so.
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

Like I said no offense, you never know on these boards!!!  The Tropic Thunder reference was good now that I think about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : I said to be honest, I find it hard to believe that any Bruins fan can say they are not nervous when these two play, I never made reference to having a bearing on real life, I've been through your third point BTW.

Watching sports doesn't make me nervous unless I have money on the game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : Watching sports doesn't make me nervous unless I have money on the game.

Fair enough!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Be Honest...:[QUOTE] Nervous no.  Do I want them in round 1?  Yes.  B/C it would be great hockey. Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

^This!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Yup...I admit it. I'm nervous. All because I'm surrounded by Habs fans. Not one Bruin fan around me. I've learnt to suck it up. Working 12hr shift work helps. I get to miss seeing all those Hab fans when I'm working and they are sleeping, when we suffer a lose to them. But. There is no other hockey team that I get as excited about a game as I do when we play them. I would feel a whole lot better this year if only our PP would come alive and we stop being brain dead for those 4 or 5 mins a game. Now. Bring on those Leafs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

If the Bruins are going to win the Cup this year, I want them to march through the best teams in the process. And KO'ing the Habs along the way would make it that much sweeter.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

IF the B's keep playing like they have in the last handful of games......it'll be an ugly first round exit. Won't matter if it's the Habs or any of the other team that line up with 1st round......if this continues. 

That said, I'm still optimistic they'll get going in time for the playoffs and bring some jam.....

Go B's!! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]If the Bruins are going to win the Cup this year, I want them to march through the best teams in the process. And KO'ing the Habs along the way would make it that much sweeter.
    Posted by felixwas[/QUOTE]

I've never understood this. 

I want them to have the easiest route possible!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wedgy-Dunlop. Show Wedgy-Dunlop's posts

As a habs' fan, I think both sides will feel anxious if the Bruins and the Canadiens play each other in the playoffs.  But that would be a SICK, SICK, SICK matchup ! 

Imagine if Pacioretty comes back in time...

I would definitely feel sick to my stomach... And for any hockey fans, at least in the Eastern parts of North America... A Bruins-Habs matchup could definitely be the highlight of the playoff.  And there'll be tons of beer flowing, and tons of hate between fans...

But for the moment being, we're missing Andrei Markov, Josh Gorges, Brent Sopel, Jaroslav Spacek, Hall Gill, Max Pacioretty, Tomas Plekanec, Jeff Halpern and Mathieu Darche.  And Mike Camalleri is playing with a problematic ankle injury.  Some of them will be back, but in what shape, I dunno...

If I had to chose, I'd like that matchup to happen in the eastern conference finals, but hey, anywhere along the way is better than not.

I understand the nausea, but I think it's worth a few loose stools !!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : I've never understood this.  I want them to have the easiest route possible!

i agree.  in 93 the habs faced the kings in the finals.  the kings were 39-35-10 that year.  i wish we would've met the kings instead of the oilers in 88 and 90. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : I've never understood this.  I want them to have the easiest route possible!

that was how i felt last year and it all game to together. bruins as a 6th seed get the weakest 3rd seed in a long time the buffalo sabers. they win that series to play the 7th seed manage to blow it, but if they had pulled it off they would have had the 8th seeded Montreal Canadians. that was the easiest road then we were all kicked in the junk!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

It's a question of weight

To me, the awesomeness of beating Montreal again in the playoffs is far, far FAR outweighed by the horror and misery of having them eliminate us.  This year, more than any other.

As much of a rivalry it is, as big a series as it would be and as bad as we want to beat them, it's not worth it.  It's not worth the possibilty of such horrendous suffering.  I would much rather have it not happen and let someone else eliminate them

Call me what ever you want.  I will gladly take it if it means that match up doesn't happen

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[QUOTE]It's a question weight To me, the awesomeness of beating Montreal again in the playoffs is far, far FAR outweighed by the horror and misery of having them eliminate us.  This year, more than any other. As much of a rivalry it is, as big a series as it would be and as bad as we want to beat them, it's not worth it.  It's not worth the possibilty of horrendous suffering.  I would much rather have it not happen and let someone else eliminate them Call me what ever you want.  I will gladly take it if it means that match up doesn't happen
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

This is basically what I was getting at.  How sweet it would be to eliminate them, but if not....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[QUOTE] I understand the nausea, but I think it's worth a few loose stools !!
    Posted by Wedgy-Dunlop[/QUOTE]

Nice!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : ^ This!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Agreed, btw if by chance in "an out of control"* circumstance the Bs play the weakest of teams in their playoff run then great.  YET! if one plans on that, the person is one who is afraid to LOSE! I like hockey bring on the best!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

Yes, meeting the Habs would make me nervous, but I get nervous no matter who we play.  If we play the Habs it would make for a great series.  It would make winning that much sweeter and loosing that much more heartbreaking. Although the last time we met them in the playoffs it didnt turn out too bad.

Sections
Shortcuts