Be Honest...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

Re: Be Honest...

I'm not ready for post-season, even as just a fan, if I'm not nervous ... versus anybody.  Why not play Montreal, if that's where the cards fall?  See what the team is truly made of.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TiPit. Show TiPit's posts

Don't want to see them at all.  The B's have a better team but...

For some reasons Thomas cannot stop a beach ball agaisnt them, the B's power play, well you know...

Then, if the B's intimidate, they will go in the box and Mtl power play is working well and, see my note for Thomas.

For the last 2 years against mtl, bruins lost 9 games won 2, or so; 3 years ago they washed them but then again, mtl players were partying all night long and had no energy left to play hockey. 4 years ago Mtl 8 - B's 0

So I'm extremely nervous, and so are the Bruins when they play them: they score in their own net, spend the night giving the puck away...Like Sinden used to say, there are ghosts in montreal.

Don't take me wrong, beat-up mtl is better than a Stanley Cup but... like someone else said, I saw many bad playoff against mtl and yes I'm old.. I remember Milt Schmitd as a coach!!

But cheer-up, P. Roy has a loosing record against Boston in the playoff, thanks to Ray and mostly Cam

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

I guess what bothers me about facing the Habs in the first round is that it would likely mean the B's are 1 and done for the post season.

I would rather meet them for the Conference Finals when it would truly be epic...probably 7 games and one for the ages (altho' the pessimist that I am tells me the B's would lose in typical gut-wrenching fashion in triple OT).

Still, I just don't want them out as early as they usually go, and sadly, I think the greatest chance of that happening is if they see Montreal in round 1.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Be Honest...:
    [QUOTE]It's a question of weight To me, the awesomeness of beating Montreal again in the playoffs is far, far FAR outweighed by the horror and misery of having them eliminate us.  This year, more than any other. As much of a rivalry it is, as big a series as it would be and as bad as we want to beat them, it's not worth it.  It's not worth the possibilty of such horrendous suffering.  I would much rather have it not happen and let someone else eliminate them Call me what ever you want.  I will gladly take it if it means that match up doesn't happen
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]

Totally non-Bruins related, but if no one's told you so yet, picking the "little round-headed buffoon" that is Carl Pilkington for your avatar is about the most awesom-est thing EVER! Nicely done.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : Totally non-Bruins related, but if no one's told you so yet, picking the "little round-headed buffoon" that is Carl Pilkington for your avatar is about the most awesom-est thing EVER! Nicely done.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

He might be my favorite living human being right now

Cheers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fp4778. Show fp4778's posts

Honestly i don't want to face the Habs particularly in the first round. Even if the Bruins outplay them there is still that little issue of a guy named Price. He is the only reason Montreal is even in the playoffs. Some goalies steal games for a team well he stole the season for them especially with all those injuries. He has the ability to do what Halak did last year and that is just scary to think about.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

The only thing that makes me NERVOUS about Habs games is the the officiating.  And I dont mean JUST against Boston.  I dont know what it is, but they seem to get the calls 99% of the time against everyone.  Look at what happened to Vinny the other night.

Now, as far as the Bruins playing the Habs, Id LOVE to see it for a few reasons:

1:  Hate the Habs with a passion and it KILLS the Hab fans when the Bruins beat them, especially in the playoffs.  I like the thought of half of Quebec on suicide watch.

2:  It is usually GREAT hockey when those clubs play, ESPECIALLY in the playoffs.

3:  If the Bruins got the Habs in the first round and made an example out of them, I think....THINK....considering who else will be in the playoffs this year, the Bruins would have an honest chance at the cup.

!!!!!!!!!BRING ON THE HABS!!!!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Nervous no.  Do I want them in round 1?  Yes.  B/C it would be great hockey. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    100% agreement from me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : He might be my favorite living human being right now Cheers
    Posted by Swerengen[/QUOTE]
    He's certainly great inspiration for Ricky,helping him stay the funniest man on the planet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : He's certainly great inspiration for Ricky...
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

And Ricky is a great inspiration for Julian.  And both are great inspirations for Bubbles. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : And Ricky is a great inspiration for Julian.  And both are great inspirations for Bubbles. 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I like the Trailer Park Boys but I don't put them at the level of Ricky Gervais in the comedy universe.On a side note,the guy that plays Julian was buying a trailer park in Dartmouth and Bubbles,I've heard from friends,smells like he lives in a shed.Those guys need to learn how to seperate real from make believe.....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : I like the Trailer Park Boys but I don't put them at the level of Ricky Gervais in the comedy universe.On a side note,the guy that plays Julian was buying a trailer park in Dartmouth and Bubbles,I've heard from friends,smells like he lives in a shed.Those guys need to learn how to seperate real from make believe.....

Like sports figures, I don't care what entertainment people do when they are off my screen.

Those guys crack me up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TiPit. Show TiPit's posts

I don't know if I want to be in the playoff

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Like some other posters i would like to play the habs but not in the first round.  Bs gotta get into the rythm and habs usually fade out because of fatigue in the long run.  Also i know that the media in mtl will use the Pacioretty incident to motivate the players!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : Like sports figures, I don't care what entertainment people do when they are off my screen. Those guys crack me up.

Yeah they were one of the nice Netflix surprises. I had never even heard of them before. For a slightly higher brow option, you may like "The IT Crowd". It's British, so you have to get past that, but several times I laughed so hard I thought I was going to die.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

playing montreal in the playoffs is what everyone should want. how much worse can it get? really? i mean they've met 30 something times and the b's have only won a handful. another loss is not a big deal "more of the same". a win and its christmas in boston. bring on the habs, there is nothing to lose here. can it really get worse? i just hope the b's hold on to the division, because the home ice advantage is most important versus the habs. their building is the most difficult to play in- all teams considered.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]playing montreal in the playoffs is what everyone should want. how much worse can it get? really? i mean they've met 30 something times and the b's have only won a handful. another loss is not a big deal "more of the same". a win and its christmas in boston. bring on the habs, there is nothing to lose here. can it really get worse? i just hope the b's hold on to the division, because the home ice advantage is most important versus the habs. their building is the most difficult to play in- all teams considered.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Since 1988,Boston is 6-4 against the Habs in playoff series'.They are 34-24 overall in playoff games head to head over the same time span.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]This is a common theme here and on local sports radio.  I don't really understand it.  It doesn't matter what we want.  Things to be nervous about: 1.  The boss calling you into his office after you've made a big gaffe. 2.  Your wife calling you into the kitchen after you've made a big gaffe. 3.  The doctor calling you into his office a week after the tests. What is there to be nervous about being a hockey fan?  You sit, you watch and the outcome has the sum total of zero bearing on any part of real life.

Really?  You have no emotional investment in the outcome of Boston Bruin games?  WOW.  How can you be a "fan" if you don't feel high or low after the outcome is decided? This is the "nervous" everyone here is experiencing, some more so when the B's play the Habs.   Nobody seriously takes it as life and death, the kind of life experiences you reference in your post, but as fans we all sit on the edge of our seats being "nervous" about the outcome.  It's too bad you don't get to experience the incredible highs when our team wins a big game, it's an amazing feeling.  Unfortunately, in comes with the risk of a huge let down.  Oh well, the life of a true sports fan. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : Since 1988,Boston is 6-4 against the Habs in playoff series'.They are 34-24 overall in playoff games head to head over the same time span.

Dez, you are sugar coating it just a bit. Yes, Bruins have a 6-4 advantage since 1988, but in the big picture they have met 32 times in the playoffs and Habs have a decisive 24-8 advantage over the Bruins. 7 of those series wins by the Habs were in the Finals. I want to beat them just as bad as anyone, but right now I don't think it is a good match up for the Bruins. Both teams are going in opposite directions right now. Hopefully Mar. 24th will be their night against Habs. B's have alot to prove. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Well if they cant beat the Habs maybe they dont deserve to win the Cup. The players know whats at stake and we will see how they respond. Bring on the Habs if thats what the cards hold.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : Dez, you are sugar coating it just a bit. Yes, Bruins have a 6-4 advantage since 1988, but in the big picture they have met 32 times in the playoffs and Habs have a decisive 24-8 advantage over the Bruins. 7 of those series wins by the Habs were in the Finals. I want to beat them just as bad as anyone, but right now I don't think it is a good match up for the Bruins. Both teams are going in opposite directions right now. Hopefully Mar. 24th will be their night against Habs. B's have alot to prove. 
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    If by sugarcoating you mean forgetting about things that happenned more than 23 years ago then yes,I'm sugarcoating.......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : If by sugarcoating you mean forgetting about things that happenned more than 23 years ago then yes,I'm sugarcoating.......

Even you have to admit this would not be a good match up right now. Hopefully things get better down the stretch & we secure the 3rd seed at least. Home ice advantage would be beneficial to the Bruins against Habs. The prospect of playing 4 out of 7 games at the Bell Center wouldn't be good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Be Honest... : Even you have to admit this would not be a good match up right now. Hopefully things get better down the stretch & we secure the 3rd seed at least. Home ice advantage would be beneficial to the Bruins against Habs. The prospect of playing 4 out of 7 games at the Bell Center wouldn't be good.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]
    I have no fear of the Habs overtaking Boston in the standings and have gone on record many times that I WANT to play against Montreal in the playoffs.There are no easy matchups in the East(for any team,not just Boston).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

agreed dez...there are no easy playoff series. but doesn't a home ice against the habs(moreso than any other team) give them a slightly better chance of beating the habs? either way i welcome the challenge- and to close a series out IN montreal would be the sweetest of all possibilities.