Beat it, Boozehound

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Re: Beat it, Boozehound

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to stevegm's comment:[QUOTE]I'm not bummed becuase of the return and I know that it was a cap move in the end.

Tyler will be fine in Dallas and the Globe will still have some idiots on thier staff.

why do you say it was just "a cap move in the end' Sandog.  I don't see it that way at all. [/QUOTE]

I read your thread and it is a good point. But my point and yours still lead back to money. Bruins brass felt their investment wasn't progressing to a franchise player. Number two is back to money related re: to the cap, Chiarelli can shore up depth via a trade or a UFA signing.

Oh and how great is Erikssons cap hit for his production ?

Answer: Awesome

Chiarelli raked in a haul!

[/QUOTE]

San, lets not get carried away. I wouldn't say he raked in a haul. It's not like Erikson is going to come in here and save the franchise.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

We're better fans than this.

Not sure what benefit there is to these types of comments. Every time a player leaves an organization, some writing clown makes these types of statements that tries to "tell it like it really is". Rubbish. It's worse than KPD trying to run Thornton out of town with every article.

Another terrible article here: http://www.boston.com/sports/blogs/obnoxiousbostonfan/2013/07/tyler_seguin_bruins_trade_dallas_analysis.html

"Seguin was both a victim of sky-high expectations and rock-bottom effort."

Really? Rock-bottom? Has this idiot ever watched 75% of the league during games in May?

"The whispers and unattributed Tweets about his partying during the season, especially all that allegedly happened in the Toronto series, only added to the frustrations of both his teammates and Bruins fans who saw much more potential than production."

Frustrations? Whispers. Ok. Who on the Bruins roster said anything about frustrations with Seguin ever? Name me one fan around here who attributed Seguin's Toronto series to gee, kid shouldn't be out drinking. This is all conjecture and 20/20 hindsight.

"Here's the most important thing young Mr. Seguin needs to know about Dallas - last call is at 2 a.m."

Great journalism there. Let's use a major newspaper column to say someone is an alcoholic without quoting sources and no direct proof that this is the case. Whispers.

I'm not sad about this deal at all. I think after today I'll be quite happy with it. But the way this kid is being attacked on the way out of Boston is way out of line.

Wow.  Thanks for this post.  I never read this guy, and I'll stay clear of him from now on.

You're right -- other than the stats, which every writer can get , this is total attitude with zero content.  

I doesn't do a writer much good when the meat of the story is: 

"Seguin did something to royally  piss  tick off Chiarelli, Julien and his teammates. Probably a lot of something."

Thanks, dude.  I'd figured that one out for myself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

subtractions from this years team

horton, seguin, jagr, af, peverly possibly khudo.

adds

lou.  

PC has a lot of work to do with 6 million.  

Peverly was awful.  Easy to replace.

Jagr was fun, but didn't really score goals.  Easy to replace.

Seguin has been discussed.

Ference will be replaced by Hamilton or Bartkowski.

Replacing the backup goalie if needed isn't a problem.

I'm not concerned!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

San, lets not get carried away. I wouldn't say he raked in a haul. It's not like Erikson is going to come in here and save the franchise.

The franchise doesn't need saving.  A problem child set to make superstar money for the next six years needed to be replaced.  He has been replaced by a very good player.

No problemo!  It's not like a 100 point player was traded for three spare parts.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I bet Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, McQuaid, Thornton, Paille, Campbell and Rask weren't on benders in the playoffs.

Well, maybe Campbell while he was forced to sit at home and watch the final.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know how many pro hockey players you know, but "going on a bender in the playoffs" really ain't rare at all. 

I bet Krejci, Lucic, Horton, Bergeron, Marchand, Chara, Seidenberg, Boychuk, McQuaid, Thornton, Paille, Campbell and Rask weren't on benders in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

You could be right, but I'd be really surprised if there weren't 2 or 3 on that list.  The smart ones do it quietly, and make a special effort to appear especially ready for the task at hand.  Getting half lit up, and getting to bed at a decent time isn't going to kill a 21 year olds performance unless it's every other night.  If it's out in public though, and his game is currently sufferring, any athlete should understand he'll get skewered.  Dumb move. 

Unfortunately, booze and sport are attached at the hip.  I know that on Stanley Cup winning teams, the entire roster doesn't abstain from drinking for pretty much 3 full months.  I won't speculate on which ones do or don't.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I'm not bummed becuase of the return and I know that it was a cap move in the end.

Tyler will be fine in Dallas and the Globe will still have some idiots on thier staff.

why do you say it was just "a cap move in the end' Sandog.  I don't see it that way at all.[/QUOTE]

I read your thread and it is a good point. But my point and yours still lead back to money. Bruins brass felt their investment wasn't progressing to a franchise player. Number two is back to money related re: to the cap, Chiarelli can shore up depth via a trade or a UFA signing.

[/QUOTE]

OK.  Yeah, today everything leads back to money with the cap, I just wanted clarity on your opinion.  Some feel the deal was made expressly to free up money.  Money, or Cap space on it's own merit is worthless.  Well priced assets are worth more than cap space. 

I don't think there's any chance the Bruins would have traded Seguin, if they felt he was a well priced asset.

[/QUOTE]

Thats fair to say until they give rask 7 million.  And have 6 million to add a top line winger, back up goalie and a 3rd line winger.

adds

lou.  

[/QUOTE]

Not sure I know what you mean.  Regardless of Seguin, that cap money is going to get spent.  The Bruins didn't trade him because of cap, they traded him because they don't feel he's nearly as valuable as they once did.  Plain and simple.  Any rationale beyond that is tertiary.  Saying this trade is cap driven is mistakenly inserting the 4th or 5th most logical answer, up to number 1.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

if you don't like booze hounds you should be begging for rask to leave too. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think there's any chance the Bruins would have traded Seguin, if they felt he was a well priced asset.

Yes our distain for the owners dragging out the strike when they could have settled on the offer in October instead of early winter is starting to show. I agree in a perfect $70M cap world Seguin stays, there is no trade. But the cap went down Chiarelli had to move so he could fill Hortons role as well. Dregger did say that Nill and Chiarelli had been talking for a month now.

Cap still comes into play with your point and mine. Its a coulda-woulda-shoulda now at this point. I live in Texas, have been since October and will now go to more Stars games. I wish Tyler well and will probably snag his shirt.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know how many pro hockey players you know, but "going on a bender in the playoffs" really ain't rare at all. 

You could be right, but I'd be really surprised if there weren't 2 or 3 on that list.  The smart ones do it quietly, and make a special effort to appear especially ready for the task at hand.  Getting half lit up, and getting to bed at a decent time isn't going to kill a 21 year olds performance unless it's every other night.  If it's out in public though, and his game is currently sufferring, any athlete should understand he'll get skewered.  Dumb move. 

Unfortunately, booze and sport are attached at the hip.  I know that on Stanley Cup winning teams, the entire roster doesn't abstain from drinking for pretty much 3 full months.  I won't speculate on which ones do or don't.

Not to suggest reality matches this, but have a look at the Standard Player's Contract language on drinking, especially drinking on the road.  No booze in hotels, airports, team meals (I think) etc.  There are clear expectations.  standard expectations.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'm not bummed becuase of the return and I know that it was a cap move in the end.

why do you say it was just "a cap move in the end' Sandog.  I don't see it that way at all.

OK.  Yeah, today everything leads back to money with the cap, I just wanted clarity on your opinion.  Some feel the deal was made expressly to free up money.  Money, or Cap space on it's own merit is worthless.  Well priced assets are worth more than cap space. 

Thats fair to say until they give rask 7 million.  And have 6 million to add a top line winger, back up goalie and a 3rd line winger.

adds

lou.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't see all of this "work to do".  The roster below leaves them $5M according to Cap Geek - aka enough to add Bobby Ryan for draft picks.... (not going to happen...), or Cammalleri if the Flames will eat $1.5M

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Marchand-Bergeron-[acquisition]

Soderberg-Kelly-Paille

Fraser-Campbell-Thornton.

Chara-Hamilton

Seidenberg-Krug

Boychuk-McQuaid

Bartkowski.

Rask

Khudo/Svedberg

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

Number two is back to money related re: to the cap, Chiarelli can shore up depth via a trade or a UFA signing.

San, lets not get carried away. I wouldn't say he raked in a haul. It's not like Erikson is going to come in here and save the franchise.[/QUOTE]

The Bruins won the cup in 2011 and got to game six of the 2013 SCF. Eriksson just landed on a jackpot!

Why don't you jump on the Reilly and Fraser thread(s) and give us your feedback.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Yes, the Hawks beat the Bruins because a 21 year oldpartied in the first round of the playoffs.....I am sure Eriksson and Smith would have at least pushed the B's to a game 7.

Can we move on from character assassinations now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to bosbruins2011cup's comment:

Hearing and reading some of the stuff about Seguin doesn't sit well with me the drinking the night before playoff games is inexcusable. I was 21 years old one time and had my share of fun but I wasn't a pro hockey player. I am sure he will grow up at some point but at the same time I wish the bruins gave him one more season before trading him. Look at the off season Patrick Kane had last year can't get any worse than that and look at the season he had this year after that off season.

I have a bad feeling Seguin is going to take off as a star now he will be playing his natural center position and on the top line and will be allowed to play to his strengths. I think the bruins are going to regret this trade I hope I am wrong. I hope the bruins are a better team because of this deal.

As long as PC is committed to Claude as his coach longterm as he appears to be and should be then players who are gifted offensivley don;t have much of a place on this team because the organization clearly has no idea how to use them just look at the ice time/ pp time and who Seguins line mates were in the playoffs.

I like two way hockey players but beleive you need one or two gifted offensive players who if thats all they do thats fine cause at some point you need offense to win.

Joe Thorton, Samsonov, Kessell, Seguin all young bruins at one time who I thought would be great bruins for a long time and all gone. I will not be fooled again!

Then feel free to change your avatar. Problem with your argument is PC won't be fooled, either....and the Bs will continue to make Cup runs.

This is absurd. Everyone really needs to stop. I can't fathom the arrogance that we, as armchair fans, make statements like this that we know better that the professionals running the organization.

"I like two way hockey players but beleive you need one or two gifted offensive players who if thats all they do thats fine cause at some point you need offense to win."

Ugh. This is just the worst.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Then feel free to change your avatar. Problem with your argument is PC won't be fooled, either....and the Bs will continue to make Cup runs.

This is absurd. Everyone really needs to stop. I can't fathom the arrogance that we, as armchair fans, make statements like this that we know better that the professionals running the organization.

"I like two way hockey players but beleive you need one or two gifted offensive players who if thats all they do thats fine cause at some point you need offense to win."

Ugh. This is just the worst.

Yes, PC is infallible and the team will be in the running for cups every year for the next 50 years because....JJ....CJ......etc.

He is right Asmaha...you do need guys that can fill the net. A team of Pandolfos or Daugivans wont cut it no matter how commtted they are to the team. I am sure the Hawks org doesnt care that Kane thinks backchecking is some kind of new club dance.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I have a bad feeling Seguin is going to take off as a star now he will be playing his natural center position and on the top line and will be allowed to play to his strengths. I think the bruins are going to regret this trade I hope I am wrong. I hope the bruins are a better team because of this deal.

It doesn't matter what Seguin does in Dallas.  Hart Trophies coming out his butt or time spent in the AHL, it only matters what happens in Boston.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]

adds

lou.  

Peverly was awful.  Easy to replace.

Jagr was fun, but didn't really score goals.  Easy to replace.

Seguin has been discussed.

Ference will be replaced by Hamilton or Bartkowski.

Replacing the backup goalie if needed isn't a problem.

I'm not concerned!

[/QUOTE]

NAS, easy to say but like i said, 4 fwds from your top 9.  3 rookie dmen to try and crack the top 4.  Rask has never played a full season.   Sure it sounds easy to say they can replaced.  Im not buying that.  Its not that easy.   Alfie is out.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

It doesn't matter what Seguin does in Dallas.  Hart Trophies coming out his butt or time spent in the AHL, it only matters what happens in Boston.

True...Thornton won the Hart the year he was traded and he is still looking for his first cup.....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

if you don't like booze hounds you should be begging for rask to leave too. 

Can you back it up? Because I've heard nothing about him and his play this year certainly doesnt suggest it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm all for guys enjoying their lives and having fun.  Just not during the playoffs.  Or, at the very least, not during the playoffs when you are personally tanking.

Agree. It's called being a professional. He struggled with it, from what I hear was spoken to about it on numerous occassions, didn't listen and it effected his play on the ice.

This is why he is a Dallas Star now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

Hearing and reading some of the stuff about Seguin doesn't sit well with me the drinking the night before playoff games is inexcusable. I was 21 years old one time and had my share of fun but I wasn't a pro hockey player. I am sure he will grow up at some point but at the same time I wish the bruins gave him one more season before trading him. Look at the off season Patrick Kane had last year can't get any worse than that and look at the season he had this year after that off season.

As long as PC is committed to Claude as his coach longterm as he appears to be and should be then players who are gifted offensivley don;t have much of a place on this team because the organization clearly has no idea how to use them just look at the ice time/ pp time and who Seguins line mates were in the playoffs.

I like two way hockey players but beleive you need one or two gifted offensive players who if thats all they do thats fine cause at some point you need offense to win.

Joe Thorton, Samsonov, Kessell, Seguin all young bruins at one time who I thought would be great bruins for a long time and all gone. I will not be fooled again!

You've hit on something here.  Gifted offensive players are hard to fit into CJ's systyem.  CJs system is a proven winner.  I'm not complaining, I think.  But I'm afraid Krug will be next for this reason.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

"Great journalism there. Let's use a major newspaper column to say someone is an alcoholic without quoting sources and no direct proof that this is the case. Whispers."

Yah I agree Asmaha, that is terrible but it's the Globe and when they baseball, football and basketball writers venture over to put in their "two cents" in they make fools of themselves.

On the other hand i've heard several people confrm Tyler's partying and he needs to control it now. I'm not bummed becuase of the return and I know that it was a cap move in the end.

I agree with you and Asmaha. I feel no need to trash Seguin. I wish him well. I'm very pleased with what PC got in return for him. People are calling this trade a blockbuster because star players (and Peverley) got dealt. Some people are acting like we just dealt Peter Douris. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

We have Soderberg, Spooner, tons of young D-men, and a backup goalie that was one of the best in the AHL. I think he's ok with 6 mill in space.