Beat it, Jarome

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Beat it, Jarome

Savard's LTIR and Kelly gone there is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

Lucic-Krejci-Eriksson

Marchand-Bergeron-Smith

Kelly-Soderberg-PBruin

Paille-Campbell-PBruin

This is the likely scenario. Obviously this team will not be better than the 2013-14 version. Pretty much everyone would have to have career years to make that happen.

That said, a second round exit does warrant some changes.

Why?  And Why?  I'm not sure how many people thought the team would be better in 2013-14 than the Cup Finals team of the year before, but in terms of regular season success, it was.  The top two RWs were lost, there were doubts Eriksson could replace Seguin, there were doubts about what Elvis could bring as the top line RW, there were doubts that Soderberg could be a full time NHL player, and there were doubts that anyone could be brought in to help fix that dysfunctional third line, even if Soderberg could play.  And that's without looking whether Krug could play regular shifts, and whether the rest of the young guys could fill the Ference gap on D.

No way to know if the previous year's team could have beaten Montreal.  I don't think Horton/Seguin/Ference would have made that much difference - maybe Ference?

I would call making changes because of the way they went out in the 2nd round "reactionary".  If you feel it revealed something fundamentally flawed the way Doug Wilson feels about his team, then make changes.  If not, make changes because you see ways to improve - as a good GM does regardless of whether you lose in game 7 of the second round or win game 7 f the 4th round.

[object HTMLDivElement]

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

just off the top of my head here are a few other "losers" that never won a cup....  Neely, Oates, Middleton, Ratelle, Park, etc....

luckily Bourque went to a stacked team or he would've been dubbed a "loser" also....

ridiculous to call a 500-goal scorer a loser because he's never played on a winner.... 

“People think common sense is common - but it's not.”

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"I like El Bu"

My name for a new micro brew!

Ha! Does anyone make their own here?

I have made a pretty killer unfiltered IPA in the past, and do some work for the local brewer's guild. Then Sebago went out and made Crimson Ghost, which is just epic. It's fun to brew, but not enough time these days. Marshall Wharf is great. Oxbow does everything right. Baxter has some great cans for camping. Allagash black always tasty. Too many beers, too little time. Sebago's Simmah Down wins the Summer, by the way. Perfect IPA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

CapGeek Armchair GM Roster

FORWARDS
    Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / David Krejci ($5.250m) / Loui Eriksson ($4.250m)
    Brad Marchand ($4.500m) / Patrice Bergeron ($6.500m) / Reilly Smith ($2.000m)
    Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Carl Soderberg ($1.008m) / Matt Fraser ($0.850m)
    Daniel Paille ($1.300m) / Gregory Campbell ($1.600m) / Justin Florek ($0.800m)

DEFENSEMEN
    Zdeno Chara ($6.917m) / Dennis Seidenberg ($4.000m)
    Johnny Boychuk ($3.367m) / Adam McQuaid ($1.567m)
    Dougie Hamilton ($0.894m) / Torey Krug ($2.500m)
    Kevan Miller ($0.800m) /

GOALTENDERS
    Tuukka Rask ($7.000m)
    Niklas Svedberg ($1.00m)

LTIR
    Marc Savard ($4.027m)
    BONUS OVERAGE
    $4,750,000
    ------
    CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
    (estimations for 2014-15)

SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,652,500; BONUSES: $600,000
    CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $1,347,500

Get the duck boats ready LoL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to days-of-Orr's comment:

idiotic to blame Iggy for never being on a winner....

No, not really.  He went to the best team in the East twice and both teams laid a huge egg offensively in the most important games of the second round.

I said this in my post-mortem to the Montreal series.  Elvis is a different kind of 37+ yr old vet than Recchi was.  or Jagr.  It is fundamentally different for the chemistry of the team and the influence a guy has when he has been there and done than vs. when he can see the finish line and is looking at the full Marcel Dionne.  Think that guy doesn't tense up a little when it looks like the sky is gray vs. the guy who's been there and can say to the rest of the room "relax - one shift at a time"?

Maybe first line RW isn't where you need a vet. Maybe you need a guy who's been there to play with Soderberg and...whoever...on that third line. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Just disregarding a 30-goal scorer these days is an obvious attempt to manufacture debate. But it's summer, so we can all humor it. I do think the Bs will move on without Iginla, opting for Eriksson on the top line and filling in with a 3rd line vet and some very small wiggle room at the deadline for the typical PC-type minor deal. Time for them to move on as soon as July 01 rolls around, sign Smith and Krug so they know what's left to play with, and go out and fill in a 3rd line RW. Don't rely on a PBruin...they need someone with some NHL success. What's Ryder up to these days? ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Why?  And Why? 

Really? Replacing your first line 30 goal scorer (who also led the team in gwg's and playoff goals) with your 10 goal third liner and adding 2 AHLers does not suggest a weaker roster relative to the team with the best record the year before? Are you expecting everyone to have career years?

Look, I am fine with doing this because the cap crunch is real but let's please not act like this is some kind of significant upgrade. It isn't. But if this is the way it has to be then fine....not like I am going to stop cheering for them or anything.

And a reaction to failed post-season is not a negative but a responsible thing to do. Many of the "changes" I am talking about will be in-house anyway with the teams army of injured coming back...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Remember when the Bruins weren't going to survive without Phat Phil and SeQueen ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

SALARY CAP: $69,000,000; CAP PAYROLL: $67,652,500; BONUSES: $600,000
    CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $1,347,500

Get the duck boats ready LoL

So you "traded" Kelly I take it?

Also, PC already bought out Eaves a few years ago...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

No, not really.  He went to the best team in the East twice and both teams laid a huge egg offensively in the most important games of the second round.

I said this in my post-mortem to the Montreal series.  Elvis is a different kind of 37+ yr old vet than Recchi was.  or Jagr.  It is fundamentally different for the chemistry of the team and the influence a guy has when he has been there and done than vs. when he can see the finish line and is looking at the full Marcel Dionne.  Think that guy doesn't tense up a little when it looks like the sky is gray vs. the guy who's been there and can say to the rest of the room "relax - one shift at a time"?

Maybe first line RW isn't where you need a vet. Maybe you need a guy who's been there to play with Soderberg and...whoever...on that third line. 

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

all the Penguins laid an egg in last years series vs the B'S.... Iggy put up 12 pts in 15 games, not too shabby....

the year the Flames made it to the finals, he was a major cog in taking a team that had no business being there to a 7th game....

sorry, i don't think Iggy gets tense when the games get more meaningful....

i have trouble holding  players solely responsible when their teams don't succeed....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

Savard's LTIR and Kelly gone there is.

But you can only use Savard's LTIR money, if someone is willing to take a 1 year deal. Off-hand, I am not sure if there is a vet or a buy-out player, that will be an upgrade over Loui & Smith, and would be willing to take a 1-year deal.

It really sucks that Savard is only owed 3M total, for his last 3 years, but it is tying up 12.21M in cap dollars, that can only be used in one-year deals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I don't think Calgary, Pitt or Boston lost because of Iginla alone but he was supposed to be the guy to come in here, elevate his game and be a force in the playoffs. He didn't. Unfortunately nobody else did either in the most recent playoff failure. First line right wingers of his pedigree and ability should be better than he was.

When I weigh Iginla against the cap situation the cap wins. If he were truly elite and I thought he was the difference between a cup and falling a round or 2 short I'd find a way to make it work financially. If he ends up somewhere else then I would say PC feels the same way.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Remember when the Bruins weren't going to survive without Phat Phil and SeQueen ?

[object HTMLDivElement]

it's not a question of the B'S not succeeding without Iggy because they'll find a way to succeed, it's just dismissing a player who came in and did his utmost as someone who was irrelevant to the team's success [even if only during the regular season]....

not singling you out Sandog, but doesn't surprise me because B'S fans can be fickle....  

what have you done for me lately Thornton, Kessel, Seguin, Thomas, and now Iginla.... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:

I am aware that NAS is a well respected poster on this board, however there is no I(ginla) in TEAM...

...so lets be real, is it Jarome's fault that:

• Calgary did not have the talent
    • Pittsburgh, with a boatload of talent lost this year also without Iginla,
    • and the B's underachieved in the playoffs...pretty much team wide...from Rask to Iggy's linemates.

Maybe Iginla is bad luck, and maybe that's your real point, but just say that then, since I would be leary about seeing the B's give him more than a year deal right now.

Calgary lost 2-1 in Game 7 of the finals.  Prior to speaking of history, know it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigBadnBruin. Show BigBadnBruin's posts

[object HTMLDivElement]

[object HTMLDivElement]

all the Penguins laid an egg in last years series vs the B'S.... Iggy put up 12 pts in 15 games, not too shabby....

the year the Flames made it to the finals, he was a major cog in taking a team that had no business being there to a 7th game....

sorry, i don't think Iggy gets tense when the games get more meaningful....

i have trouble holding  players solely responsible when their teams don't succeed....

Don't waste your time Orr. This is just a dumb thread, put up to elicit reaction.

Team lost in the 2nd round? Must be the leading goal scorer's fault. That make sense.

Iginla stats = 26 shots...5 goals

Marchand / Krejci stats = 53 shots...0 goals. Were outscored by Caron, Paille & Florek

Soderberg stats = 25 shots...1 goal

Yep. Clear as day. The loss was Iginla's fault. What a joke.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Actually, I think the original intent of the thread was to put finality to the Iginla question (he is gone), and remind all of us that there was life before him and will be life after him.

Yeah he was an asset but the team is still good without him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

Actually, I think the original intent of the thread was to put finality to the Iginla question (he is gone), and remind all of us that there was life before him and will be life after him.

Yeah he was an asset but the team is still good without him.

[object HTMLDivElement]

could've been done in a more respectful manner....

then again, not surprising considering who posted the thread....

GO LOUII....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lex44. Show Lex44's posts

Use Iginla's money to get Matty Zucs!!!

here is no Iginla money nor any money at all for that matter:

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins/" rel="nofollow">http://www.capgeek.com/bruins/

Leaving out Iggy do they even have enough space to sign both Smith and Krug without moving some1 ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Made it to the Cup final and lost.

Chose the stacked Pittsburgh team and lost.

Was on the best team in the NHL and lost.

Who cares about this guy...not me.  He has had his opportunities to win and his teams keep losing.  

Beat it.

[object HTMLDivElement]

I was channelling my inner Marion Hossa when reading the post.  However, I appreciate the sentiment as it is hard to be friends with the girl after you are about to break up with her.     

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Comes down to whether Iginla wants another crack at the cup or just more money. Seems like he will opt for the latter. And considering how he 'chose' to go to the Penguins no one should really be all that surprised.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I think it's all up to Iggy's camp. If his agent convinces him to go for the money (and why wouldn't he?) to go to a non-contender for guaranteed years, then fine, see ya and thanks. If he wants to take short term for a chance at a cup, I'd wager the list is smaller than they may think. I'd doubt Anaheim, LA, Chicago, St Lou, et al. are gonna offer 3 year 15 mil. Sign the 1 year deal with the B's and you may get one more chance at the Cup.

The aspect of him not being a "winner" is dumb.

To pay him, you move Kelly for prospects (hopefully) and Boychuk with Seidenberg ( and hopefully Darth) coming back, then hope that Miller and/or Bart don't go belly up in the playoffs again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

it's not a question of the B'S not succeeding without Iggy because they'll find a way to succeed, it's just dismissing a player who came in and did his utmost as someone who was irrelevant to the team's success [even if only during the regular season]....

not singling you out Sandog, but doesn't surprise me because B'S fans can be fickle....  

what have you done for me lately Thornton, Kessel, Seguin, Thomas, and now Iginla.... [/QUOTE]

If Iginla signs with another team - where is his loyalty to the Bruins ?

Kessel took a million more to play with Toronto - where was his loyalty to the Bruins ?

Seguin was being paid a lot of money to play for the Bruins - where was his loyalty the past two years in Boston ?

Thomas retired while under contract with Boston - where was his loyalties to the Bruins ?

Loyalty to one organization in this day and age of free agency is non-existent. You want to put the Bruins $4.5M-$5M in cap overages next season to keep Iginla ?

The cap wins in this instance nothing to do with loyalty. You are right the Bruins can win without Iginla.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

In response to Hanrahan1's comment:

Comes down to whether Iginla wants another crack at the cup or just more money. Seems like he will opt for the latter. And considering how he 'chose' to go to the Penguins no one should really be all that surprised.

[object HTMLDivElement]

what money?....  there isn't any left in the cookie jar other than that to pay the likes of Krug & Smith....

Iggy's not going to play for free....

and wouldn't you have chosen the Pens either?.... 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

And there's the reason if you want to let him go San, money. He's an excellent player and to suggest he was a detriment to those three teams the dumbo listed is as asinine as saying beat it. 

It's too bad that your reading comprehension is so poor.

No one said he was detrimental.  

And what's worse is that you embarrass yourself by trying to be the big boy, puffing out your chest and throwing insults...all on a false premise because you can't read.

Dumbo.  LOL

Your post was clear, it certainly insinuated that he didn't help these teams. A player that doesn't help his team win is a detriment to the team. He was one of the better players on all of those teams. Stamkos has had his chances, lost in the first round and the ecf. Beat it stamkos. 

I dont think you know what lol means. 

Sections
Shortcuts