Because of the Lockout, I will never...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Because of the Lockout, I will never...

1. Buy a ticket to any NHL game until the next CBA.

2. Buy any NHL paraphenalia of any kind until the next CBA.

3. Buy anything that is related to or of benefit to the the NHLPA.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Because of the Lockout, I will never...

In response to Wheatskins' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who cares?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You're not going to see an NHL game or buy so much as Bruins keychain for 10 years? Good on ya if you do it, but I have a hard time believing you'll pull that one off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

...underestimate the effects of not having a nhl season has on some people.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

1. I'll still go to live NHL games.

2. Have already bought some new B's gear.

3. I don't think i ever have and won't likely start.

Lets go B's !! I love hockey !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I don't see the point of making a big announcement about it though. If that's how you feel....fine; do it & shut-up about it. Most people who truly are disgusted, po'd or whatever at something usually just don't waste their time, or others talking about it. If wheats is so upset about the NHL why is he wasting his time on it? Just seems there's another ulterior motive to his post. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

50belowzero, for you it's 50abovezero now that the lockout is over.

Shame on you....just kidding.

But I stand by my claim today, tomorrow, this year and every year up to the next CBA.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see the point of making a big announcement about it though. If that's how you feel....fine; do it & shut-up about it. Most people who truly are disgusted, po'd or whatever at something usually just don't waste their time, or others talking about it. If wheats is so upset about the NHL why is he wasting his time on it? Just seems there's another ulterior motive to his post. 

[/QUOTE]

I started this thread to see what, if anything, others will be cutting back on because this lockout has left a bad taste with a good number of fans.

Obviously, you aren't one of them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

my personal lockout lasts all of THIS season.  i may tune in a bit for the playoffs, but even that's doubtful, i'll be traveling mar/apr/may/june.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

But I stand by my claim today, tomorrow, this year and every year up to the next CBA.

[/QUOTE]

Wheats, its just that i'm a big B's fan and have been for over 40 yrs, of course i was upset about the lockout(greed) and to tell the truth i kept quite busy while there was no hockey and didn't think about it much. Now that its over though, i'm glad their back and don't see what a one man boycott would serve when i enjoy seeing the B's live and enjoy showing my colors. There's no better feeling in the world than walking by a Nuck fan wearing my B's Stanley Cup Championship hoodie.Therefore i don't see why i would deny myself those two simple pleasures because i'm mad at the owners or players, i guess thats three simple pleasures if you count walking by a Nuck fan.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm with you Wheats.  I'm going to watch the NHL on tv.  I'm going to *try* not to go to another NHL game, but if one of my season ticket owner friends will turn one over to me at a good price, then maybe, but I ill resist.  Only NHL stuff I'll buy is knock off or bootleg or some such discount.  That's the plan anyway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wheats, its just that i'm a big B's fan and have been for over 40 yrs, of course i was upset about the lockout(greed) and to tell the truth i kept quite busy while there was no hockey and didn't think about it much. Now that its over though, i'm glad their back and don't see what a one man boycott would serve when i enjoy seeing the B's live and enjoy showing my colors. There's no better feeling in the world than walking by a Nuck fan wearing my B's Stanley Cup Championship hoodie.Therefore i don't see why i would deny myself those two simple pleasures because i'm mad at the owners or players, i guess thats three simple pleasures if you count walking by a Nuck fan.

[/QUOTE]
    That never gets old. Spent a good chunk of yesterday needling Canucks fans already.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

More tickets for those who want them.  I never bought nhlpa stuff. I buy very little NHL gear. And I am not near an NHL city.  I do get center ice and will continue to do so.  I love hockey.  That hasn't changed.  I was tired of all the lawyer business and players pretending they can outsmart billionanaire owners.  

Drop the puck. One thing is for sure. This could be playoff style 48 game season.  I am excited for the u/k.  Gonna be fun to watch.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Then why even bother to post here?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I started this thread to see what, if anything, others will be cutting back on because this lockout has left a bad taste with a good number of fans.

Obviously, you aren't one of them.

[/QUOTE]

No, I'm not. The NHL offers the best of the sport I love the most & I'm not going to allow their greed get in the way of enjoying it to it's fullest. Lockouts & strikes happen everywhere. It's part of life & getting upset about them isn't going to prevent them. Boycotting something in the entertainment industry only ends up making things worse imo. It prevents that industry from making money...which then increases the chance of it going away all together. Then, I end up losing even more than what I already lost. Sorry Wheats, but I think boycotting the NHL doesn't help your cause. It increases the chances 10 yrs from now to have to go thru this again. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:[QUOTE]

2. Buy any NHL paraphenalia of any kind until the next CBA. [/QUOTE]

Dang it I was going to start making n selling Bruins bongs, crack pipes, roach holders and rolling paper on that inranet thing. Oh well back to the drawing board, never going make those gazillions they said you could on the web...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

I'm with you Wheatskins. If we all do this, a strong message will be sent. If we don't, we've no one to blame but ourselves for being taken as fools. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

NeelyOrrBourque, sorry but I disagree. We need less of everything - teams, players, games, agents, lawyers and owners. If not, we will definitely hit the same wall again in 2020.

SanDog, don't tell me you're into things like that? Danny Gallivan used to say that "the puck is somewhere in  the goaltender's paraphenalia" when puck disappeared from sight.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

NeelyOrrBourque, sorry but I disagree. We need less of everything - teams, players, games, agents, lawyers and owners. If not, we will definitely hit the same wall again in 2020.

SanDog, don't tell me you're into things like that? Danny Gallivan used to say that "the puck is somewhere in  the goaltender's paraphenalia" when puck disappeared from sight.

[/QUOTE]

Not all of us feel this way. The more games, the more goals, saves, hits, fights & rivils. All part what makes it the best sport in the world.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I will never drive to Montreal to see a Bs game.  I will take any opponent.  Peel Street is a cool name for a street.  

I will never buy Bs parphenalla unless it is on sale, off season. Puckhead stuff I will never buy.

I will never take down my pics of TT, Ray Bourque and Cam in my sports cave.  Same goes for Scarlett Johanson.  

I will never listen to Jack Edwards again. Actually I am lying, most of the time I mute the hyperbole.  

Cheers hockey is back.  All is well for us simiple types.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm with you Wheatskins. If we all do this, a strong message will be sent. If we don't, we've no one to blame but ourselves for being taken as fools. 

[/QUOTE]

How are we foolish for supporting something that you love? Did the NHL take money from you? Did they hurt you in any way by having a labor dispute? It's more foolish to let this anger affect you in such a way that it takes something away that you love.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to islamorada's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will never drive to Montreal to see a Bs game.  I will take any opponent.  Peel Street is a cool name for a street.  

I will never buy Bs parphenalla unless it is on sale, off season. Puckhead stuff I will never buy.

I will never take down my pics of TT, Ray Bourque and Cam in my sports cave.  Same goes for Scarlett Johanson.  

I will never listen to Jack Edwards again. Actually I am lying, most of the time I mute the hyperbole.  

Cheers hockey is back.  All is well for us simiple types.  

[/QUOTE]

Cheers to that!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More tickets for those who want them.  I never bought nhlpa stuff. I buy very little NHL gear. And I am not near an NHL city.  I do get center ice and will continue to do so.  I love hockey.  That hasn't changed.  I was tired of all the lawyer business and players pretending they can outsmart billionanaire owners.  

Drop the puck. One thing is for sure. This could be playoff style 48 game season.  I am excited for the u/k.  Gonna be fun to watch.  

[/QUOTE]

No news yet on your package ?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

The nhl did take money from me but unfortunately I am locked in to season tickets. So after this season I no longer will be going to the games. However, I will never stop watching on tv. I also believe the nhl should scrap some games season is too long. But that would cause more cba issues so ill take it how it is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No news yet on your package ?

[/QUOTE]

Don't they just renew it unless you tell your package provider otherwise ? I know mine does.

Sections
Shortcuts