Because of the Lockout, I will never...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Because of the Lockout, I will never...

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BsLegion's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to shuperman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

More tickets for those who want them.  I never bought nhlpa stuff. I buy very little NHL gear. And I am not near an NHL city.  I do get center ice and will continue to do so.  I love hockey.  That hasn't changed.  I was tired of all the lawyer business and players pretending they can outsmart billionanaire owners.  

Drop the puck. One thing is for sure. This could be playoff style 48 game season.  I am excited for the u/k.  Gonna be fun to watch.  

[/QUOTE]

No news yet on your package ?

[/QUOTE]

Don't they just renew it unless you tell your package provider otherwise ? I know mine does.

[/QUOTE]

There's been mentions, here and there , they'll give it fo free.

-As for going to games, I'm waiting for the new schedule to come out and I'm off to Boston and Ottawa.  Maybe some at the Bell Centre but thise will have to be free (and free foodnBeverage). That's where I draw the line, no to the Habs.

-Paraphenalia only buy what I need but have everything .  I won't stop purchasing stuff for my Godson. Makes him happy and I enjoy it.

-NHLPA ?   Oh yes .... I did buy Neely a beer many years ago . Also for Souray, Komisarek, and Simon Gagne, those cheap baastards !

In the end I never did it for them,  I do it because I enjoy it. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seriously, can we just play some f-ing hockey?  I will not do a damn thing differently.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment: [QUOTE]

SanDog, don't tell me you're into things like that? Danny Gallivan used to say that "the puck is somewhere in  the goaltender's paraphenalia" when puck disappeared from sight. [/QUOTE]

No and I am not into searching for a puck in anyones cup either lol

Edit: Legion - you still thinking the NHL is going give away Center Ice ?

DaAAreamin...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Give me a break...Everyone will be all the way back with bells on right after the 1st Sabres game. It can't get here fast enough for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

As with many fans, I'm conflicted.

Yes, I love the game.  But I was very p.o.'d during the lockout, and need to find a way to deal with my anger and frustration at the whole inane process.

Yes, I will come back to the game, watch it on TV, maybe go to a game if I can afford the tickets.

But not for one month.  My lockout of the NHL will end on February 7th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give me a break...Everyone will be all the way back with bells on right after the 1st Sabres game. It can't get here fast enough for me.

[/QUOTE]

Best picture

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't see the point of making a big announcement about it though. If that's how you feel....fine; do it & shut-up about it. Most people who truly are disgusted, po'd or whatever at something usually just don't waste their time, or others talking about it. If wheats is so upset about the NHL why is he wasting his time on it? Just seems there's another ulterior motive to his post. 

[/QUOTE]

This is a stupid chat forum...are you forgetting that?  Our world is jammed with articles and clips of hockey fans who are "truly disgusted, po'd, or whatever".  You're perfectly entitled to do whatever you want, but the logic you're presenting on this thread makes no sense whatsoever.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wheats, you're punishing yourself more than them.  And if you're really gonna give all that up, being here on the board already is not a good start.

I've never been a big merchandise guy (own one B's practice jersey), and I don't plan on buying much in the way of gear or tickets this season, but I'm sure as heck gonna watch the games.

...and banter with the rest of you clowns in this insane asylum all season...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I was pretty ticked about the lockout as well, but can understand that things happen out of our control when billions of dollars are on the line. It's over. We don't have to deal with this nonsense for a while.

Nobody in a large market like Boston is going to learn a darn thing from fan boycotts. The impact will be felt in smaller markets, and it will merely be an acceleration of an inevitable loss of a franchise already bound to happen before the lockout added fuel to the fire. Any collective message simply won't happen in Boston.

So we're left to make statements of principle for ourselves, if we choose to. That's fine. I'm still watching. I'm still going to 1-2 games this season. I won't spend a dime on concessions and instead give my hard earned $$ to the businesses around the Garden who truly should have something to be angry about. Otherwise, drop the puck and let's enjoy Bruins hockey!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, I love the game.  But I was very p.o.'d during the lockout, and need to find a way to deal with my anger and frustration at the whole inane process.

Yes, I will come back to the game, watch it on TV, maybe go to a game if I can afford the tickets.

[/QUOTE]

You were p.o.'d because you couldn't watch NHL hockey for the past three months, so you're not going to watch it for another month.  Makes sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to perrysound's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm with you Wheatskins. If we all do this, a strong message will be sent. If we don't, we've no one to blame but ourselves for being taken as fools. 

[/QUOTE]

How are we foolish for supporting something that you (we) love? Did the NHL take money from you? Did they hurt you in any way by having a labor dispute? It's more foolish to let this anger affect you in such a way that it takes something away that you love.  

[/QUOTE]

Did they take something away from me? Yes, they did. My enjoyment of the game. I love hockey, and that is why, much like you, I am on the Boston Bruins board. Why are you here? 

The whole point of following a Team is the bond you develop with them. You hate the schabs because they beat your team. Foolish, yes, but not anymore than you posting on this board. Surely there must be more important things to do in your life then read these mostly FANantic rants. 

I really look forward to October and the start of the season. I get excited about it, and can't wait for the whole show to begin. Reading all the news around the league and making fun of the hopeless Leafs. Maybe that is a sad statement, but it is who I am. 

It's not anger, just a statement that I am not happy that these guys continually treat me, a loyal custom, with such low regard. It is obvious to everyone by the recent history of Lockouts/Strikes, that they will continue to do this to me and you as they see fit. And you as a customer can make a choice to stay or go. I wish to stay, but want them to know that we are part of this too, and to think twice before doing it again. That is all. There is no big plan to boycott or hit the picket lines. Just a clear, strong message that I am not happy. If McDonalds treats me badly I go to Burger King. Unfortunately, there is no other Top Level Hockey available to me, so my ability to show dissatisfaction is limited.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Just happy to have hockey back, and I think I took a different route than some of you. Instead of being mad at someone else and depriving myself of something I decided to go by myself a 60 inch Sony yesterday. I went without during the lockout, now I've rewarded myself...Lifes too short to hold grudges people, any hard feelings I had will be shunned out by the soothing sounds of a 60 inch Sony....Drop the puck!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The league made my choice about spending money for me already, when they decided this season will only have in-conference play. That means no Bruins or Jets games in Van this year, so I have absolutely no reason to buy tickets.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I thought about boycotting the first home game, but to be honest, it would hurt me more than it would hurt Jacobs so it doesn't matter.

While the lockout was bad and completely unnecessary, I love hockey. To starve myself of hockey to prove a point is silly.

If Tuukka can play to his ability, I think the Bs have a great chance of hoisting the cup again.

And Wheat, I call BS on your 8 year pledge. You'll probably forget about it in 5 years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Will never give Jacobs another penny.  I hated him after the last lockout when he was a major contributor, then the Bruins were standing there while all the other teams signed free agents. I dont care if he spends close to the cap, he is an expletive who was a driving force rejecting the PA's proposal, only to accept basically the same proposal a month later....I hate Jacobs and always will.  There is a reason he was the only one boo'ed during the cup ceremony.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to slicksteve38's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Will never give Jacobs another penny.  I hated him after the last lockout when he was a major contributor, then the Bruins were standing there while all the other teams signed free agents. I dont care if he spends close to the cap, he is an expletive who was a driving force rejecting the PA's proposal, only to accept basically the same proposal a month later....I hate Jacobs and always will.  There is a reason he was the only one boo'ed during the cup ceremony.

[/QUOTE]

Hate him all you want, but I still don't think that depriving yourself of something you enjoy is any measure of revenge.

Boycott his other businesses, it make more sense.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I won't spend dime one outside of what I pay already for NESN. Won't buy tickets or merch this year. If I got freebies I'd go to a game but wouldn't go even so far as to buy an $8 watered down beer from Delaware North (I'd sneak in a flask). Just a personal decision, no outrage, no organized "boycott". I'd like to see a empty seats at game 1 but it won't happen (unless you're in Fla, Clb, Phx, etc...just like always). They seemed pretty adamant about standing on principle. I think I'll try it too. Some one will buy the tix to the 3 games I go to a year. The players and owners will get theirs (as always), so I'm not worried about making a statement. They don't need me.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 49-North's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You were p.o.'d because you couldn't watch NHL hockey for the past three months, so you're not going to watch it for another month.  Makes sense.

[/QUOTE]

It's not simply that I was unable to watch NHL hockey.  It was the process of the bargaining which got me p.o.'d -- the utter frustration of the process, and the complete lack of sensitivity to fans and the "average joes and janes" who rely on the games for income (arena staff, the extra staff hired by bars & restaurants on game nights, etc.). 

I fully realize that the league will feel no (or virutally no) impact from my self-imposed "lockout".  The only reason for my doing so is to express my personal distaste for the whole affair.  Whether anyone else does the same, or what anyone thinks of my actions, matters not.  It is purely for my own sense of right and wrong.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't know, I just don't see any of the boycotts doing a lick of good, especially in the 7 Canadian markets and the four American original six teams. Way too much of a diehard fanbase for each of those teams for a boycott to do a lick of good. Also, there are a lot of fans who hate the NHL and NHLPA for the lockout, but don't hold their own teams responsible. I've talked to a lot of Canucks fans, and while they're ticked at the league and the PA, they don't hold ill will to the Canucks. Samething with the Jets - Chipman's still looked at as a god in that city (what other fanbase shouts out the name of the ownership group at the beginning of every game?) Just can't see these self denials of pleasure doing any good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't know, I just don't see any of the boycotts doing a lick of good, especially in the 7 Canadian markets and the four American original six teams. Way too much of a diehard fanbase for each of those teams for a boycott to do a lick of good. Also, there are a lot of fans who hate the NHL and NHLPA for the lockout, but don't hold their own teams responsible. I've talked to a lot of Canucks fans, and while they're ticked at the league and the PA, they don't hold ill will to the Canucks. Samething with the Jets - Chipman's still looked at as a god in that city (what other fanbase shouts out the name of the ownership group at the beginning of every game?) Just can't see these self denials of pleasure doing any good.

[/QUOTE]

I agree whole heartedly. So I propose, as do many others, we just DO NOT BUY any concessions, jerseys, popcorn, beer, programs, etc..... for the year. Both sides get hit in the pocket book. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

My thoughts on my personal 'lockout' is that, the last 'message' I want to send to the league/PA is that hockey fans will blindly return, as if nothing had happened, and that all is forgiven.   I think I'll hurl if I see the hackneyed "Thank You Fans!" painted on the ice on opening night.  I think the fans need to send a tangible message that "we're not all right with this", and that the only language that these guys understand is monetary. 

If there's one thing that's been made crystal clear during this fiasco, is that it's all about the money -- so that's the only way to send a message that they will pay attention to.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

See that "do not buy" theory works in strong markets like the 11 I mentioned, because they can weather those losses. But if you're a CBJ or Coyotes fan, that loss of revenue could be the nail in the coffin. I'm an Expos fan, the boycott following the strike by fans in Montreal, did us no good and ultimately lead to us losing our team completely. Are fans in the waker markets so ticked they'd be willing to risk losing the team completely?

All of this is moot for me anyway... I already boycott the Canucks. :p

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Win-Jets. Show Win-Jets's posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You are right on with those comments.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If your going to boycott your really only hurting yourself. I also have a hard time believing any of you will boycott because if you were going to follow through you wouldnt be in a hockey forum dicsussing it in the first place..Just my opinion.

NHL and Bruins hockey is back! Get over yourselves and enjoy the games.