Because of the Lockout, I will never...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Re: Because of the Lockout, I will never...

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If your going to boycott your really only hurting yourself. I also have a hard time believing any of you will boycott because if you were going to follow through you wouldnt be in a hockey forum dicsussing it in the first place..Just my opinion.

NHL and Bruins hockey is back! Get over yourselves and enjoy the games.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Most of you are playing right into the owners and players hands. They read you like a book. 

They know you are self-indulgent and will keep their money rolling in and they will show you less respect the next time, and then take even more of your money.

But, if that is what you want, God bless you all. You'll need it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Wheatskins's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Most of you are playing right into the owners and players hands. They read you like a book. 

They know you are self-indulgent and will keep their money rolling in and they will show you less respect the next time, and then take even more of your money.

But, if that is what you want, God bless you all. You'll need it.

[/QUOTE]

Wheats, they dont care about us, they care about our money...I know that, yet I still watch, buy NHL merchandise and buy tickets every now and then...Nobody twists my arm and I get enjoyment out of it...and life goes on.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Remember what started this nonsense.  it wasn't real money, only "projected money".  If revenues dip to around 2.5 bil....both sides will be making considerably less money than they were under the old system.  

I hope this costs both sides money, and I hope it causes both sides misery.  That's the only thing they understand.  That's the only thing that will entice them to "work out" issues, rather than shut the industry down.

It appears more than half of those here, either can't comprehend that, or are quite content playing the part of the hapless enabler.  

Thankfully, the industry isn't as confident in the stupidity of the corporate world.  That's the only reason this charade is over.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Wheats, I think we need to worry less about who's hands we might be playing into and just do what makes us happy.  You're over complicating things.  There is no way to know if your boycott will be felt in any way at the top of the food chain, but you can be absolutely assured that it will be felt by you.  You lose one of your favorite hobbies/entertainment.

By deciding that you will watch NHL games, something you enjoy (at a very small cost), isn't playing into anyone's hands but your own.  I won't be out buying tickets or merchandise either, but I'll be watching the games on tv.  So my investment will consist of continuing to pay my cable bill and maybe contributing a miniscule bump to the tv ratings of NHL games.  Fine by me -- what a deal.  I can't wait.  The notion that I am being tricked or swindled by the NHL is a dubious one considering how much I love following hockey and how little I actually have to pay to do it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

..........have to look up the languages used by lawyers in the negotiating process. It's a lesson already learned and not wanting to be remembered.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember what started this nonsense.  it wasn't real money, only "projected money".  If revenues dip to around 2.5 bil....both sides will be making considerably less money than they were under the old system.  

I hope this costs both sides money, and I hope it causes both sides misery.  That's the only thing they understand.  That's the only thing that will entice them to "work out" issues, rather than shut the industry down.

It appears more than half of those here, either can't comprehend that, or are quite content playing the part of the hapless enabler.  

Thankfully, the industry isn't as confident in the stupidity of the corporate world.  That's the only reason this charade is over.

[/QUOTE]

Yep...I'm an enabler to allowing the NHL to provide the best game on the ice for me! Drop the puck! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I will tune in to NESN for sure but I'm not wasting my money to go to any live games. I usually go to a handful each year but I'm not giving in this season.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to stevegm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    If this means i enjoy watching Bruins hockey, count me an enabler.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]

If your going to boycott your really only hurting yourself. I also have a hard time believing any of you will boycott because if you were going to follow through you wouldnt be in a hockey forum dicsussing it in the first place..Just my opinion.

[/QUOTE]

I don't buy that Kel. I like my hockey, always have. I like my hockey talk. I like being part of this board. Just because I've chosen not to just say, "Yay, hockey is back, let buy some tickets and merch" doesn't mean I love watching the game any less. I've just decided that for this year, I'm not giving any of my money to the players or the owners. It doesn't mean I need to get over myself or that I like the game any less than others here. They can write "Thank you,  fans" on as many ice surfaces as they want, but I'm not going to feel bad for deciding not to give them my hard earned bucks this year. We'll see what happens next year. I'll probably return to spending my annual $500-700 on the league, but this year they get bupkus.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't buy that Kel. I like my hockey, always have. I like my hockey talk. I like being part of this board. Just because I've chosen not to just say, "Yay, hockey is back, let buy some tickets and merch" doesn't mean I love watching the game any less. I've just decided that for this year, I'm not giving any of my money to the players or the owners. It doesn't mean I need to get over myself or that I like the game any less than others here. They can write "Thank you,  fans" on as many ice surfaces as they want, but I'm not going to feel bad for deciding not to give them my hard earned bucks this year. We'll see what happens next year. I'll probably return to spending my annual $500-700 on the league, but this year they get bupkus.

[/QUOTE]

+1 ... except for the last sentence lol

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Here's what I don't get.  In the grand scheme of things, what happened here is that we had to wait three extra months to watch NHL hockey.  That's all any fan lost - three months of watching hockey, going to games etc.  Apparently, for some people this was so painful and such a sign of disrespect that they are going to ... volunarily continue to deny themselves the thing they held so dear. 

I blame social media for this - the idea of "hitting the NHL and the PA in the revenues" circulated widely to people who were pi55ed that there was no hockey, and now it just seems like the thing to do.

Why have we never seen these people boycott when the NHL does things that have a more direct impact on fans, like double digit ticket price increases, home blackouts, regional territories for broadcasts that mean you have to pay for bigger and more expensive cable packages to see anything other than home games?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

In my opinion, there's a significant difference between talking about hockey, and making a financial contribution to the League and the Players.

"Get over myself"?  The only reason I'm doing this (my 'self-imposed lockout') is so that I can feel that I can "get over it".  Being a "blind-faith lemming" would make me feel like a complete hypocrite -- complaining about the behaviour of both parties for the past 3-4 months, then kissing their feet now that they've done us a hu-u-ge favour by settling and "giving us back our hockey".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's what I don't get.  In the grand scheme of things, what happened here is that we had to wait three extra months to watch NHL hockey.  That's all any fan lost - three months of watching hockey, going to games etc.  Apparently, for some people this was so painful and such a sign of disrespect that they are going to ... volunarily continue to deny themselves the thing they held so dear. 

I blame social media for this - the idea of "hitting the NHL and the PA in the revenues" circulated widely to people who were pi55ed that there was no hockey, and now it just seems like the thing to do.

Why have we never seen these people boycott when the NHL does things that have a more direct impact on fans, like double digit ticket price increases, home blackouts, regional territories for broadcasts that mean you have to pay for bigger and more expensive cable packages to see anything other than home games?

[/QUOTE]

Right on, why have all these so called pro-boycotter's waited so long ? The greed has been around for a long time, why start now? I guess the gouging pre lockout, was o.k.