Before Game Seven at Vancouver

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Before Game Seven at Vancouver

All I wanted was one cup in my adult life!

I was 12 years old in 1972 and remember parts of that win. However as we all know after 1972 it

was 39 years of heartbreak.

But I changed my mind and want another cup! Anyone else? And I wouldn't mind 4 or 5 cups from this Bruins team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Re: Before Game Seven at Vancouver

Yes felt the same way,but definetly greedy  now want More.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

All I wanted was one cup in my adult life!

I was 12 years old in 1972 and remember parts of that win. However as we all know after 1972 it

was 39 years of heartbreak.

But I changed my mind and want another cup! Anyone else? And I wouldn't mind 4 or 5 cups from this Bruins team.

I am 2 years younger but have similar memories. I actually recall quite a bit from 70 and 72 but moreso the heartbreak vs Philly/Parent in 74. Funny how the pain seems to outweigh the joy. The 39 years without a cup and having to endure year after year of HAb fans rubbing it in our faces.

Bring on another cup. I want more ammo to throw at the Hab fans. 1993 and counting!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I am the same.  I was 7 in 1972 and I remember watching a few of the Stanley Cup final games when they beat the Rangers.  After waiting for so long I also said all I want is to see them win one Championship in my adult lifetime.  Now however I am just as hungry for them to win again this time.  There are a number of reasons:

1.  First and foremost the obvious.  It is an unbelievable feeling when your team wins and it is one you can't really put into words - no wonder the players who actually are playing say that.

2.  Winning a 2nd Cup with more or less the same team really solidifies that this is a Championship squad, to all the people who think the Bruins got lucky in 2011.

3.  Living in the GTA having the Bruins complete that 10 minute miracle comeback against the leafs and having it turn into a Championship will always be one of my greatest memories.

4.  Another Toronto tie is seeing Tuukka get another Cup but this time as the man.

5.  For the City of Boston to have this triumph would be nice after the events back in April.  It would be awesome for them to have something for the whole city to celebrate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to huntbri's comment:

I am the same.  I was 7 in 1972 and I remember watching a few of the Stanley Cup final games when they beat the Rangers.  After waiting for so long I also said all I want is to see them win one Championship in my adult lifetime.  Now however I am just as hungry for them to win again this time.  There are a number of reasons:

1.  First and foremost the obvious.  It is an unbelievable feeling when your team wins and it is one you can't really put into words - no wonder the players who actually are playing say that.

2.  Winning a 2nd Cup with more or less the same team really solidifies that this is a Championship squad, to all the people who think the Bruins got lucky in 2011.

3.  Living in the GTA having the Bruins complete that 10 minute miracle comeback against the leafs and having it turn into a Championship will always be one of my greatest memories.

4.  Another Toronto tie is seeing Tuukka get another Cup but this time as the man.

5.  For the City of Boston to have this triumph would be nice after the events back in April.  It would be awesome for them to have something for the whole city to celebrate.

These 2 are my main reason to win another. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I don't think I have ever heard anyone refer to them as "lucky"..Even Canuck fans. They didnt win as a result of a bad bounce, blown call etc..They certainly took the long road to get there.Maybe it's homerism on my part, but has anyone else heard the cup win as a stroke of luck?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

[QUOTE]

I don't think I have ever heard anyone refer to them as "lucky"..Even Canuck fans. They didnt win as a result of a bad bounce, blown call etc..They certainly took the long road to get there.Maybe it's homerism on my part, but has anyone else heard the cup win as a stroke of luck?

[/QUOTE]

On this side of the border Kel there's a lot of people that say this, but that is changing very quickly & I think win or lose they've solidified themselves as being on of the best teams in hockey. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I'm suprised Nite, I don't see how one can look at the Cup victory that year, even a heartbroken Nuks fan and say they were lucky. I'd love to ask them how they feel it was luck.

Now if the Raider fans pointed to their teams loss in the snow game and said the Pats got lucky, i could see their reasoning. But i just dont see how luck was a factor in that series. In any game or at any moment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I would agree it is changing too on this side of the border and maybe it has changed win or lose but a win would put it to rest for good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I agree with you that I don't know how anyone could call a road that takes 16 wins lucky but I heard some of that plus whining that the Bruins only won because the refs quit calling the game like they did in the regular season.  That has happened ever since I started watching hockey so suck it up people.  Pure and simple a 2nd Cup win will either shut people up and those it doesn't shut up, I will borrow a line (slightly altered) from Patrick Roy.  I can't hear you because each of my ears is still ringing from the two Bruin Stanley Cup Championship celebrations!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I'd say it was lucky due to a LACK of a bounce the other way. One bounce the other way, and they were done in 6 against Montreal.

One bounce the other way and they may have been done against Tampa.

They certainly fought tooth-and-nail to win that Cup, but I wouldn't say it was due to luck. They definitely executed when it counted.

The SCF series, they didn't need luck. Even though it went 7 games, they were clearly the better team. On a side note in that series, lots of people like to blame Luongo, but his team left him out to dry in those losses. Without him, that series probably would have gone 6 games (Boston would have won game 2 if he didn't stand on his head).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm still pretty sated by 2011, but I can't say I don't want another Cup. I'm just not sure if I'm going to be quite as emotional about it this time around.

But the lucky or fixed thing drives me nuts - another Cup should shut those people up, which as a Vancouverite these days, I would absolutely love. Though I've already been told by two Canucks fans if the Bruins win it will be because of the refs, so it won't shut them all up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

I legitimately cried last time. I'm only 25, so I don't even remember the days of the Bruins making it to the ECF/SCF in '90/'92. The NHL playoffs just seemed impossible to me, because the Bruins just never made it far enough for me to even think of a Cup as possible. It was kind of just this mythical beast that the Bruins were just an obstacle for some other team to get to. It was just such a perfect playoff run (coming down from 2-0 to their archrival, then exorcising their demons against Philly in a sweep, epic 7 game series vs. Tampa, and then coming back again against a seemingly unbeatable opponent, who showed to be possibly worse than Montreal in sportsmanship).

This time? It will be more out of jubilation if they can finish. I spent the last one in Maryland, where there were no Bruins fans, and I took the weekend trip home for the parade to get some closure, as it almost didn't seem real. This time, I'm home, and able to celebrate each victory with my friends as the ride goes along.

I wish someone told me they were going to the SCF at approximately 10:10 PM on May 13th. I would have b***slapped them and sent them packing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I agree with you that I don't know how anyone could call a road that takes 16 wins lucky but I heard some of that plus whining that the Bruins only won because the refs quit calling the game like they did in the regular season.  That has happened ever since I started watching hockey so suck it up people.  Pure and simple a 2nd Cup win will either shut people up and those it doesn't shut up, I will borrow a line (slightly altered) from Patrick Roy.  I can't hear you because each of my ears is still ringing from the two Bruin Stanley Cup Championship celebrations!!!

Even funnier in his broken english at the time. That one is a classic. Nice tall glass of shut the heck up to JR.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Even funnier in his broken english at the time. That one is a classic. Nice tall glass of shut the heck up to JR.

Yes the broken English while still spiking home his point made it even funnier.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I doubt we will hate the Hawks as much as the canucks?

Hated the Sedins, lapieriere, Torres and their fans.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I agree because I hated many Canucks before the series even started - Burrows, LaPierre, Torres and Kesler and I was not a big fan of the Sedins.

With the Hawks it will be an acquired hatred since I don't dislike any of the Hawks at this point and I actually like Keith, Seabrooke, Kane, Sharp and Toews.   I am sure it won't take long for some of them to get under my skin (Shaw and Bolland perhaps quicker than others).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I find it really tough to hate the Hawks. They're a team with as much history as the Bruins, and like the Bruins struggled for most of my life to hit that top level. I also have a lot of friends who are Hawks fans and watched them flounder in futility for as long as we did.

Sections
Shortcuts