Believe they will win or they are Done?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Re: Believe they will win or they are Done?

I'd really like to see Seguin in the game.  He's a guy that could expose Price pretty easily.  The Bruins need to start sniping, not shoot.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

In Response to Re: Believe they will win or they are Done?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Believe they will win or they are Done? : Huh?  How do you see that?
    Posted by bim09[/QUOTE]

Thats the way I see it.  I can only see the Habs winning this series if Price outplays Thomas.

They have a lot of confidence in him and despite a couple of bad breaks, he is like another defenceman back there handling the puck.

He's the key for the Habs...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

If the Bruins shoot high blocker he's toast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Price has outplayed Thomas in every single game! TT + CJ = Done!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Believe, I do.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

you can't feel it?  i mean you really can't feel it? b's in six....you heard it here first.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]Have any of the people who replied Done, reconsidered based on Game 3.  It wasn't our best effort, but I would love to see some of you become believers again.  I promise not to question it, I just want everyone to be on board this wagon before it's really gets moving.
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

It's a fair question, but no, I haven't. (I originally predicted Habs in 7 but after the crud performance of games 1 and 2 thought the series would be over in 5 or 6.) Should the Bruins win tonight--obviously--it becomes anyone's series and I get a glimmer of hope, but no, I'm not convinced that the Bruins are ready to win this series.

Part of that feeling is that they had to cling on for dear life after being up 3-0 in game 3 and if not for Thomas they've blown it...

THAT SAID (love that waffling expression) there is a strange and noteworthy trend in these first round series of teams exploding for comeback wins (SJ vs LA--a 4-goal comeback....Wash. vs. NYR w/Rangers leading by 3 going into the 3rd)....and one could argue that while those teams --LA and NYR--folded....the Bruins ALMOST blew the lead but did not.

So perhaps there's more fight in these guys than I'm giving them credit for.

But I still see huge problems...the biggest 3 being: 1) Lousy ineffective PP. 2) CJ's refusal to play Seguin, which would at least help the PP out, and 3) that lack of killer instinct to put teams away when they're ahead. (I should add a 4th that the B's can never afford to get behind b/c they don't have the weapons on offense to mount a huge comeback.)

So I'm more than willing to hope against hope that I'm wrong...but while I may entertain them coming back to win their first series ever when trailing 0-2, if they lose tonight I flat out say it's over.

Go Bruins!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

i didn't like the matchup from the outset and the b's inability to play 60 good minutes last game hasn't changed my mind....

if the b's play the first period tonite the way they played the third on Monday, this series is over in five games....

that said, i would like nothing more than the b's to prove me wrong.... 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

prove them wrong, prove them wrong, prove them wrong...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Believe they will win or they are Done? : It's a fair question, but no, I haven't. (I originally predicted Habs in 7 but after the crud performance of games 1 and 2 thought the series would be over in 5 or 6.) Should the Bruins win tonight--obviously--it becomes anyone's series and I get a glimmer of hope, but no, I'm not convinced that the Bruins are ready to win this series. Part of that feeling is that they had to cling on for dear life after being up 3-0 in game 3 and if not for Thomas they've blown it... THAT SAID (love that waffling expression) there is a strange and noteworthy trend in these first round series of teams exploding for comeback wins (SJ vs LA--a 4-goal comeback....Wash. vs. NYR w/Rangers leading by 3 going into the 3rd)....and one could argue that while those teams --LA and NYR--folded....the Bruins ALMOST blew the lead but did not. So perhaps there's more fight in these guys than I'm giving them credit for. But I still see huge problems...the biggest 3 being: 1) Lousy ineffective PP. 2) CJ's refusal to play Seguin, which would at least help the PP out, and 3) that lack of killer instinct to put teams away when they're ahead. (I should add a 4th that the B's can never afford to get behind b/c they don't have the weapons on offense to mount a huge comeback.) So I'm more than willing to hope against hope that I'm wrong...but while I may entertain them coming back to win their first series ever when trailing 0-2, if they lose tonight I flat out say it's over. Go Bruins!!!
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Welcome back, although they didn't alleviate your 3 primary concerns it does appear that one concern official or not can be sealed away and forgotten.  We won't come back everytime we are down but we are capable of coming back.  On issue no.2 I wish Seguin were good enough to earn a spot, I don't think his late season play indicated he was ready.  Now with Kelly stepping up his game over the last two and Ryder scoring two goals last night, seems there is less of a chance Seguin gets in.

What's important though is that the B's have a fresh 3 game series, albeit with a seemingly home ice disadvantage.  Wooooooo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

0-26 when down 2-0 = 1st time for everything law of avgs. can be broken.

Past ten play-off series with the Habs the Bruins are 6-4

2 gms. left at home a different team will be back tomorrow at the home ice and a generated crowd.

The 2 road victories gave them confidence

Now that the Bruins are tied they the Bruins will need to stay focus that is 2 victories not 1

Overall I Believe

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Fact not Opinion!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]                           "Fact not Opinion!"
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Fact Not Opinion, Marcus is a tool!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Believe they will win or they are Done? : Fact Not Opinion, Marcus is a tool!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Posted the following on your other sky is falling thread. 

Let me get this straight, you offer the two most dire posts on the board when they are down 0-2.  You implore people to go on the record, presumably so you can mock them when you correctly predict the team who is up 2-0 wins, which happens I would guess quite a bit more then 80 % of the time.  And then when the series gets tied up, you want to forget the documented posts and you think people who discuss them need a life?  Really?  I'm pretty sure if you're team, the Habs pulls it off, you will be harping on these posts again! WEAK!

Documented answer are we still DONE or do we have a slimmer of hope?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Believe they will win or they are Done? : I don't think SanDog is the troll around here.  Posted the following on your other sky is falling thread.  Let me get this straight, you offer the two most dire posts on the board when they are down 0-2.  You implore people to go on the record, presumably so you can mock them when you correctly predict the team who is up 2-0 wins, which happens I would guess quite a bit more then 80 % of the time.  And then when the series gets tied up, you want to forget the documented posts and you think people who discuss them need a life?  Really?  I'm pretty sure if you're team, the Habs pulls it off, you will be harping on these posts again! WEAK! Documented answer are we still DONE or do we have a slimmer of hope?
    Posted by RickyHussle[/QUOTE]

That was tool not troll!  If you read my comments, I said that it was much easier to say they were done many times.  I said I wanted people to be on record because I didn't want a repeat of Red Sox 2004 revisionist history, when people come in and say I believed the whole time.  I don't want to forget my documented posts.  I could care less what you or your friend Marcus think.  I find it humorous that he takes so much time to attack others instead of coming up with his own insiteful posts like, PK Subban's brother plays goalie, blah, blah, blah.  I keep my posts open in my profile for all to see, I am not hiding anything, unlike Marcus.  I have already said that I would be happy if I was wrong.  It's just as easy to say that they have a slimmer of hope when it is tied 2 games a piece as it was to say they are done when down 0-2.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Bruins are all done Fact not Opinion!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]                The Bruins are all done Fact not Opinion!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Why the Change of heart Marcus.  The Bruins tie the series and you now think they are done?  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah...and he's the guy who so clearly outplayed Price last year the golden boy couldn't get off the bench.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

With that logic Rask should be starting.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Book
    Steve Penny had one good run as well. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Believe they will win or they are Done? : That was tool not troll!  If you read my comments, I said that it was much easier to say they were done many times.  I said I wanted people to be on record because I didn't want a repeat of Red Sox 2004 revisionist history, when people come in and say I believed the whole time.  I don't want to forget my documented posts.  I could care less what you or your friend Marcus think.  I find it humorous that he takes so much time to attack others instead of coming up with his own insiteful posts like, PK Subban's brother plays goalie, blah, blah, blah.  I keep my posts open in my profile for all to see, I am not hiding anything, unlike Marcus.  I have already said that I would be happy if I was wrong.  It's just as easy to say that they have a slimmer of hope when it is tied 2 games a piece as it was to say they are done when down 0-2.  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

You are correct, and tool is a lot less inflammatory then troll given the context of the conversation.  My apologies.  I will try to put my glasses on beforwe replying to future posts.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Believe they will win or they are Done?:
    [QUOTE]Do you believe they will win the series? Simply respond Believe Are the Bruins done? Simply respond Done Answer the question now so that you can't say I always believed they could do it, or I told you they were done!  Don't say you believe if you think they can  , only that they will.  Go on record. My Answer: DONE
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

MeanE i must have missed this post but i believe and pasted this post on here from after game 2 to prove it and its not to show anyone up cause this series is far from over. i just didnt want to come off as getting into this after last 2 games because bruins won them.

Re: Cactus and all like you - it is your day, Bruins gift to you tonight

posted at 4/16/2011 10:15 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d4e17e16aeb053ec4d15514067c3a4e2&plckUserId=d4e17e16aeb053ec4d15514067c3a4e2">
    First: 2/16/2011
    Last: 4/22/2011
    In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a87fcf857-142b-4efa-bd81-467775de3305&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:87fcf857-142b-4efa-bd81-467775de3305Post:a928fc55-6e66-464f-b4d0-9208179134e6">Re: Cactus and all like you - it is your day, Bruins gift to you tonight:
    For everyone who bashes Brad Marchand, I would take a team full of him over the rest of the players. That kid plays with heart at least. They look like drones out there. If changes aren't made to the staff in the offseason I will have a hard time watching/supporting this team next year. It hurts me to say that but it's true.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Dom u will never stop supporting the the team just like me. we are both sadomasochist. bruins just bring pain and we keep coming back for more. i feel like i have been kicked in the stomach. i feel worse then last year seriously. last year after that team beat buffalo i felt like they were playing with house money and i was obviously in much pain after philly nightmare but this is worse for me. i dont know why. im going to say it the bruins were good on the road this year. i know it didnt happen in Montreal but i feel like if they get chara back at full strength and get the lead in game 3 i feel like they could steal it and maybe another. i know alot of other stuff has to happen but this team is not this bad man jesus.. please dont do this.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Believe they will win or they are Done? : MeanE i must have missed this post but i believe and pasted this post on here from after game 2 to prove it and its not to show anyone up cause this series is far from over. i just didnt want to come off as getting into this after last 2 games because bruins won them. Re: Cactus and all like you - it is your day, Bruins gift to you tonight posted at 4/16/2011 10:15 PM EDT www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d4e17e16aeb053ec4d15514067c3a4e2&plckUserId=d4e17e16aeb053ec4d15514067c3a4e2 " /> LoyalBlackNGold Posts: 231 First: 2/16/2011 Last: 4/22/2011 In Response to www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion%3a87fcf857-142b-4efa-bd81-467775de3305&plckFindPostKey=Cat:SportsForum:0d190bb9-6882-4397-9ce1-e66db723d396Discussion:87fcf857-142b-4efa-bd81-467775de3305Post:a928fc55-6e66-464f-b4d0-9208179134e6 "> Re: Cactus and all like you - it is your day, Bruins gift to you tonight : For everyone who bashes Brad Marchand, I would take a team full of him over the rest of the players. That kid plays with heart at least. They look like drones out there. If changes aren't made to the staff in the offseason I will have a hard time watching/supporting this team next year. It hurts me to say that but it's true. Posted by callodthedom19 Dom u will never stop supporting the the team just like me. we are both sadomasochist. bruins just bring pain and we keep coming back for more. i feel like i have been kicked in the stomach. i feel worse then last year seriously. last year after that team beat buffalo i felt like they were playing with house money and i was obviously in much pain after philly nightmare but this is worse for me. i dont know why. im going to say it the bruins were good on the road this year. i know it didnt happen in Montreal but i feel like if they get chara back at full strength and get the lead in game 3 i feel like they could steal it and maybe another. i know alot of other stuff has to happen but this team is not this bad man jesus.. please dont do this.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold[/QUOTE]

No worries Loyal.  Only some on this board make it their sole purpose to try and show people up.  The fact of the matter is that most of us are Bruins fans in here and all of us want the Bruins to win the Cup.  However, some in here think they are "True Fans" more then the next guy.  It was a simple poll, nothing more nothing less as to how Bruins fans felt before Game 3.  Even though I said they were done, I am watching & rooting just the same as everyone else in here is!  If I am wrong, I will be happy to be.  I will get no pleasure out of being right!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Believe they will win or they are Done? : No worries Loyal.  Only some on this board make it their sole purpose to try and show people up.  The fact of the matter is that most of us are Bruins fans in here and all of us want the Bruins to win the Cup.  However, some in here think they are "True Fans" more then the next guy.  It was a simple poll, nothing more nothing less as to how Bruins fans felt before Game 3.  Even though I said they were done, I am watching & rooting just the same as everyone else in here is!  If I am wrong, I will be happy to be.  I will get no pleasure out of being right!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

just wanted it known that i wasnt jumping on after 2 wins meane. everyone knows who the cactustrolls are here. u know who the fans are and who are on the site for attention.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Just in case everyone forgot.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts