bench seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Re: bench seguin

I'm also surprised that people are okay with the way Seguin is playing.  There is a large gap between being a heavy hitter and disengaged physically, just because hitting's not Seguin's game doesn't mean he doesn't have to hit.  Cycling is huge on this team, I can't remember Seguin cycling much at all in this series.  When the Bergie line was playing lights out earlier this season, I remember his wall play being better by a large stretch.  At that time they were making short passes and skating in fast bursts on short lines.  How many times do you recall Seguin sprinting tonight on a short line?  I remember it on a PP in the third, I was imagining CJ yelling 'If you're not the fastest player on this PP, you're on the bench!!'.

I also feel Krejci has been disengaged.  I was surprised to see that same criticism for Lucic.  I think he has been physically and emotionally involved. I did watch game two in heavy traffic while hosting family, so maybe he was awful then. This team still has another gear, it seems like some guys like Boychuck and Bergie, the third line, are catching others need to catch up. I'd like to see Caron at some point, but would probably replace Thornton at this time as opposed to benching any under achiever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

Seguin isn't the only guy struggling. Lucic has done little. Krejci hasn't done a ton. Marchand hasn't been fantastic. They all need to pick it up.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Hamrlik has OWNED Seguin so far in this series.  He's starting to remind me of Kessel.  Enter the zone and let a wrister go from just inside the blue line.  And he's lost just about every puck battle.

Bergy's been fine.  Lucic has been fine.  It's Krejci, Seguin and Marchand that have to get going.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: bench seguin:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: bench seguin : Nite, the only people calling others "idiots and fools" are the posters who've chosen to be worried. I don't care who wants to worry about what in this series. I'm not worried. Bruins in 5.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]
    Then you're a "fool" read Gretz book & how the "Miracle In Manchester" happened! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bench seguin : Yes.  I started a thread about being positive. Get your nails, hammer and cross ready for me.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    NO NAS! It was a thread about those of us who were'nt willing to take things lightly! and you chastised us for it! BIG DIFFERENCE! You're so called cake wake is turning into a seven course meal & we may not have the secret incredient! You're attitude & anyone who agreed with your was a "Canucks "our Kief doesn't Stink!" attitude!" 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LegendofBoston. Show LegendofBoston's posts

Well you have to give the Caps a little credit here. They are playing some very solid D, outside of tonight. Holtby has been very solid in net also. He is also a goalie the B's aren't too familiar with. Playoffs are a different breed as we all should have realised last year. We need consistancy is all. More time in front of the kid Holtby will be mandatory to beat this Caps team. And for the love of God B's, please clear the crease in front of Timmy. Boychuk and Corvo look like creampuffs right now! Toughen up B's and force the Caps to play your style of hockey.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

Bruins creating caps' offense with Blind offensive zone passes and point shots WIDE of the net.

Double minor on lucic was hilarious. 2 minutes for each guy that mugged him. f 'in joke. Anything to get #8 a chance to score.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Seriously?  This is about the Stupidest thread in awhile.  No-- you do not bench him, but cutting his minutes is not a bad thing for this series.  If they end up moving on to the next round and get Philly-- the Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand line will dominate them.  Be happy that our "two 4th lines" are playing well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Bench your one of your best shooters, passers and skaters. I can think of 10+ players I would bench before him. Be disappointed with his play, don't go nuts and say to bench him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Bruins creating caps' offense with Blind offensive zone passes and point shots WIDE of the net. Double minor on lucic was hilarious. 2 minutes for each guy that mugged him. f 'in joke. Anything to get #8 a chance to score.
    Posted by 86redsox[/QUOTE]
    86! This isn't about the league either! It's about certain posters who are trying to be realistic & "others" who think it's OK to challenge that theory! Be confident & think the B's will prevail is one thing! To ridicule others, because they have another possible scenerio is hypicrital! I love these guys, but I don't have to love the smell of their stetch when they stink up the room! Being champions doesn't mean we look down on ANYBODY! And take ANYONE for granted! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Bench the leading scorer in the playoffs when the team is struggling on offence. Terrible idea.

This isn't the regular season, these games count. If claude feels the need to "send a message" to seguin, he will bench him for half a period.... not scratch him.

They've got 2 days off to work on him, I'm predicting better things from Seguin Thursday.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Seriously?  This is about the Stupidest thread in awhile.  No-- you do not bench him, but cutting his minutes is not a bad thing for this series.  If they end up moving on to the next round and get Philly-- the Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand line will dominate them.  Be happy that our "two 4th lines" are playing well.
    Posted by Yaso#7[/QUOTE]
    OK so you're saying that a team that pretty much dominated one of the best lines on the planet. To one of the other top 10 on the planet? IF the B's get to face Phily it'll be a TT vs Brizzy! Besides, I think we still have a lot to worry about in a 23 yr old rookie first! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bench seguin : Then you're a "fool" read Gretz book & how the "Miracle In Manchester" happened! 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Yeah Nite, and you're a genius because you're worried.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

First: 12/10/2007
    Last: 4/17/2012
    Seriously?  This is about the Stupidest thread in awhile.  No-- you do not bench him, but cutting his minutes is not a bad thing for this series.  If they end up moving on to the next round and get Philly-- the Bergeron, Seguin, Marchand line will dominate them.  Be happy that our "two 4th lines" are playing well.
    Posted by Yaso#7

OK so you're saying that a team that pretty much dominated one of the best lines on the planet. To one of the other top 10 on the planet? IF the B's get to face Phily it'll be a TT vs Brizzy! Besides, I think we still have a lot to worry about in a 23 yr old rookie first!

Nite--- Philly has played real well vs Pittsburgh--- thats a fact.  My point is the Bruins will have a lot more space vs. Philly then they are currently getting vs Washington.  The Penguins are losing this series because they are not playing well defensively and Fluery has been awful.  Just watch--- whoever plays Philly in the next round will handle them.Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I checked the box score after the 2nd period because I wasn't sure Seguin was even still getting shifts in this game.  I wasn't looking for him on the ice, but following the action, I didn't notice him at all after the first period.  That's not really a bad thing though, as he wasn't making any negative plays either.

As long as he's holding his own in the defensive end, calls to bench him are ridiculous.  But this is still far from the dumbest thread on this board.  The dozen plus "Trade Thomas" threads over the past couple weeks were far worse.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

I thought Peverley was the worst forward on the B's heading into game 3...and he was way more effective tonight.  I am hoping for the same result with Seguin in game 4. 

Although I have been frustrated with Seguin's play, playoff time is not the time to be sending messages to players on your own team; it's a usually a recipe for disaster. 

I thought this would be a much easier series.  The Caps have not been a cakewalk like the Flyers were last year even if the B's go on to win the next 2 in a row. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

The OP is a joke. Publically embarassing one of your best players is not a way to motivate your team. That's a way bush-league coaches for bush-league teams try to motivate their bush-leage players.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

"BENCH" Seguin ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Meow!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Ah no thanx bench Seguin. Might as well rip his heart out also.The Capitals know he is elite player and shadowing him. Simple solution switch the lines for gm 4 put Seguin on with Looch and Krejci. Looch is on a mean steak now he will make more space for the kid. Just think about how good he will be next year and the following years with the experience he is already getting. Stevie Y the second coming.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

In response to "Re: bench seguin": [QUOTE]In Response to bench seguin : You surprise me, fourrings. That is a juvenile reaction. The real question should be: Where is Marchand? Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE] what is juvenile about it he needs to start playing better not playing a perimeter game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: bench seguin : Hey Nite, I simply brought facts to the table. Maybe you should mind your own buisiness and worry about getting the rest of TT off of your face.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ouch ! Nasty zinger ......but true.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Look, it's not about benching Seguin as its about getting him to play like reg. season Tyler. I think this is always the fear with young forwards. Some guys are never "playoff" type guys or don't respond to the more intense, high-checking, more defensive-crunching playoffs. Seguin has been, inexplicably a deer in headlights this series. I'd put him in favorable shifts. Put him on the PP and in offensive zone faceoffs. But he's MIA so far.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Half of the team has been MIA so far (if not more). You certainly can't single him out. In Response to Re: bench seguin:
    [QUOTE]Look, it's not about benching Seguin as its about getting him to play like reg. season Tyler. I think this is always the fear with young forwards. Some guys are never "playoff" type guys or don't respond to the more intense, high-checking, more defensive-crunching playoffs. Seguin has been, inexplicably a deer in headlights this series. I'd put him in favorable shifts. Put him on the PP and in offensive zone faceoffs. But he's MIA so far.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

LOL, mxt, I think you can definitely single him out. Julien has and it's resulted in less playing time. The other guys who aren't scoring are doing other things--checking, forechecking, faceoffs, penalty kill, checking in the neutral zone. In Seguin's case, I dare say he's not holding on to the puck when he gets it, and that's simply not Tyler like, or more like his first season.

Sections
Shortcuts