Benefit of the doubt

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Benefit of the doubt

We've talked about Cup hangover and giving these guys some slack after last year, so I'm wondering how long Julien would go to let these guys settle. It's tempting to stick with your guns knowing that they have the ability to win it all.

So what would it take for Julien (or you) to make significant changes? What's the trigger?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Re: Benefit of the doubt

81 games left and playoffs to figure it out. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Benefit of the doubt:
    [QUOTE]We've talked about Cup hangover and giving these guys some slack after last year, so I'm wondering how long Julien would go to let these guys settle. It's tempting to stick with your guns knowing that they have the ability to win it all. So what would it take for Julien (or you) to make significant changes? What's the trigger?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

Are you suggesting, after 1 game, that now is the time to make significant changes?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

my god...i didn't even feel like WATCHING a game last night after that ceremony. i wanted to go out and continue the stanley cup celebration. i don't know how those guys were able to pull it all together, and play a tough opponent, literally minutes after skating the garden with the cup. talk about having to re-focus!  this next week or two will be interesting to watch.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksp57. Show ksp57's posts

As I promised yesterday, here is the youtube of the ceremony. After watching THAT, who could focus on the game anyways ?

http://www.youtube.com/user/dafoomie#p/u/0/U60taykF82Y

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In Response to Re: Benefit of the doubt:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Benefit of the doubt : Are you suggesting, after 1 game, that now is the time to make significant changes?
    Posted by WalkTheLine[/QUOTE]

Of course not.....just wondering what it WOULD take. A stay-the-course coach + Cup win. Where's the line for making changes, and is there a risk of standing pat as the season goes on and then it's too late? Not being a fatalist, just curious about fan expectations.

What's it going to take, for example, so split up the KHL line *if* they don't produce? What would Seguin or Marchand have to do to crack #1PP minutes every game, or for Seguin to move up to the top 6, or for he 4h line to be split up? Or, as Shupe suggests, is what we see what we get unless there's a major collapse?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Benefit of the doubt : Of course not.....just wondering what it WOULD take. A stay-the-course coach + Cup win. Where's the line for making changes, and is there a risk of standing pat as the season goes on and then it's too late? Not being a fatalist, just curious about fan expectations. What's it going to take, for example, so split up the KHL line *if* they don't produce? What would Seguin or Marchand have to do to crack #1PP minutes every game, or for Seguin to move up to the top 6, or for he 4h line to be split up? Or, as Shupe suggests, is what we see what we get unless there's a major collapse?
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

okay, i hear ya. I don't think what we see is what we get. If the KHL line doesn't produce, particularly as the #1PP unit, you will see some changes. But you know CJ is going to let that situation go on longer than most people are comfortable with before he pulls the trigger. If Marchand keeps playing like we saw in the playoffs and game 1 this season then I think he'd get a shot on the #1 PP unit. Let's hope there is no need to shake up the first line because they're wreaking havoc on the opposition and giving goalies nightmares.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

One move could be to sit Horton for a game and put in Pouliot with Kreji. That's not a big change, but it should stir the pot. Once again, today, Fluto shows that he 's not too sharp about good hockey, by indicating that Caron did not have a good game. Some of our blogging brethren tend to knock KPD, but the difference with Fluto is like night and day.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]One move could be to sit Horton for a game and put in Pouliot with Kreji. That's not a big change, but it should stir the pot. Once again, today, Fluto shows that he 's not too sharp about good hockey, by indicating that Caron did not have a good game. Some of our blogging brethren tend to knock KPD, but the difference with Fluto is like night and day.
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]
    I also noticed his "review" of Caron in last night's game and wondered if he saw the same game I did. I then remembered he often likes to write "stories" based on "info" given by KPD. I personally don't care much foe either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

If they won last night, you wouldnt be asking this. They outplayed the Flyers, Bryzgalov was the difference.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

10 Games

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Good question.  Normally if the club lost a game, never mind a season opener, we'd have to coax some folks away from the ledge they were standing on.  Judging from the comments following last night, there's still an afterglow from the championship.  I remember hearing Scotty Bowman once say that he used to gauge his clubs in 20 game increments to get a feel for what their strengths/weaknesses were so I'll say 20.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

If they come out of the month of October with a winning record, they'll be fine.  Give them 10 games, folks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

One of the lessons of the Cup win was that Julien needed to be less patient, less willing to say that, in theory, X is the best lineup so on the ice, it's our best shot.  Changes would mean a worse lineup - in theory.  Part of carrying over the Cup win should be a continuation of Julien's willingness to tinker.  I doubt that happens before 10 games except for around the edges and maybe the distribution of netminding duties.  So Pouliot will get in sooner or later and have a chance to lock down a spot.  I'd give the lines at least 4-5 games to find a groove, but in-game, I think I'd be willing to change them when there's no spark.  Start with the KHL line, but if they look limp, break 'em up!