Benoit Ballz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Benoit Ballz

I have to say, I'm eating crow when I hear Pouliot's name.  I hated the acquisition at the time.  I still wanted him out of town after 10-12 games.  He has slowly, but surely, won me over.  He has been nothing short of awesome.  Hats off to Chiarelli for seeing what a lot of us did not.  And same to Julien for getting the most out of him.  Good observation by Jack Edwards too regarding his reach.  Krushelniski comparison?  He's skating hard every shift, he's hitting and he's pretty nasty handling the puck.  He's certainly become a mainstay in the lineup and earned that promotion with Marchand being out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Re: Benoit BaIl's

Yes, he's been AWESOME and showed last night he has the skill level to work on a top line. Imagine him with Seggy and Bergy every night? But we can't take MARCHMANT off that line so I guess we'll have to keep Benny with the other 2 speed merchants, Kelly and Peverly. His skill is sublime and that really showed last night. He has probably the best stickhandling moves on the team, and scored probably the prettiest goal this year. Yes, he really is a 1st round talent!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Re: Benoit Ballz

Lets not get carried away Orr.  He's been good for us, and has made some good plays, but I don't know if I'd use the word "sublime" to describe him yet

But yes, filled in on the Bergeron line better than expected.  I'll still take Marchand over Benny any day

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

For every Benoit Pouliot there are 100 Rob Cimmetta's.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Benoit is not as "superb" as noted. He does have some good skills, but, there were times in the last few games where he looks more like Wheeler's inconsistency. He was not a bust with Bergeron, but he was not always helpful or in the right position, and his puck handling is sporadic, good when he makes it, but disastrous when he misses. He is definitely better than the early weks, but he still needs more consistency

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Best stickhandling on the team? Seguin, Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand all have better hands.

I'm ashamed that I defended you the first time in regards to Pouliot. By throwing out the "best hands on the team" line, you've crossed the line of "ridiculous".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

I had him on the bus to Providence at the end of October. Now he is an effective addition to Peverley and Kelly. Watching him, I still don't believe he is only 199 lbs. Seems bigger by about 20 ibs. Playing with the 3rd line on a regular basis has improved his game, but 67 is not yet ready for a shirt in the rafters. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

So Guywith, how do you measure stickhandling? I never knew there was such a stat that you can say x number of people have better hands. Give me the stats and I'll agree with you. No player on the B's has stickhandled through an entire team like Crosby or Ovechkin can do, therefore, I opine that there are several B's with very good, but not great, ability in that area, and Benoit is in that group. Show me a highlight reel goal to refute that (and there is none by the way). I stand by my statement that he scored the prettiest STICKHANDLING goal on the team this year, bar none.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

BTW Guywith, if you want to see bona fide unbelievable stickhandling check out Claude Giroux sometime. That'll be your refresher course.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Ballz:
    [QUOTE]So Guywith, how do you measure stickhandling? I never knew there was such a stat that you can say x number of people have better hands. Give me the stats and I'll agree with you. No player on the B's has stickhandled through an entire team like Crosby or Ovechkin can do, therefore, I opine that there are several B's with very good, but not great, ability in that area, and Benoit is in that group. Show me a highlight reel goal to refute that (and there is none by the way). I stand by my statement that he scored the prettiest STICKHANDLING goal on the team this year, bar none.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

It was a nice goal but the puck rolled off his stick and ended up between his feet, which wasn't planned I'm sure.  Krecji has much better hands than 67. 

Now, if you want to see real hands, see Rick Middleton.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Benoit Ballz : It was a nice goal but the puck rolled off his stick and ended up between his feet, which wasn't planned I'm sure.  Krecji has much better hands than 67.  Now, if you want to see real hands, see Rick Middleton.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Agreed ! It's funny how some saw that move . I saw it as you did and he lost control of the puck between his legs and pulled it back in front of him.

And better stickhandlers ? 37 , 46 , 19 , 63 , 49 , etc.....heck I'll even throw 33 in there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Assuming it dribbled off his stick, and I don't think it did and noboday here has asked him, it takes a ton of skill to have the presence of mind to bring your stick back in a split second like he did and retrieve the puck from BEHIND YOUR LEGS! The stat that probably best indicates stickhandling ability is shootout goals. That's why players like Patrick Kane and Sid the Kid are so good at them. The best Bruins at the shootout are probably MARCHMANT and Seguin, and I propose Pouliot will be successful there as well, he's already shown that.  Therefore I put them 3 at the top on the team.  Most Bruins are round 20 percent on the shootout I believe. The True dominant stickhandlers in the league are over 40 percent, some near 45! Chara? You can't be serious Chowda! He's the best D in the game, but his best shootout move is the slapshot LOL. And Phil the Thrill is an awesome stickhandler as well, but I'd still rather have Segs.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Assuming it dribbled off his stick, and I don't think it did and noboday here has asked him, it takes a ton of skill to have the presence of mind to bring your stick back in a split second like he did and retrieve the puck from BEHIND YOUR LEGS! The stat that probably best indicates stickhandling ability is shootout goals. That's why players like Patrick Kane and Sid the Kid are so good at them. The best Bruins at the shootout are probably MARCHMANT and Seguin, and I propose Pouliot will be successful there as well, he's already shown that.  Therefore I put them 3 at the top on the team.  Most Bruins are round 20 percent on the shootout I believe. The True dominant stickhandlers in the league are over 40 percent, some near 45! Chara? You can't be serious Chowda! He's the best D in the game, but his best shootout move is the slapshot LOL. And Phil the Thrill is an awesome stickhandler as well, but I'd still rather have Segs.

Yep, serious ! You don't put someone on the blueline on the PP without having decent puckhandling skills. Do you think Pouliot could play back there ? I don't. Where would he play on the PP ? Parked in front of the goalie where he doesn't have to handle the puck as much.

And how did this turn into a shootout discussion pertaining to stickhandling ? Pouliot has taken one shootout for the Bruins (  it was a shot high on the glove side and had nothing to do with stickhandling ) and now he's anointed ( by you ) as the best stickhandler.

If that's the case and Pouliot is what you say he is, don't you think Julien and his coaches would have noticed this by now and put him on the PP and in more shootouts ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

How's he supposed to play in shootouts when the Bruins don't have any? They've been winning, or rarely losing, in regulation mostly except for Detroit. And there's a difference between "decent" and great stickhandling. Where do you come off changing the argument from high level stickhandlers to "decent" stickhandlers, you're getting confused here. Are you by your statement expecting me to believe that Ference and Seids are top notch stickhandlers because they play the point on the PP? Trust me, when the B's have shootouts Pouliot will be among their options well before Chara, unless they get a heads up that the goalie fears Chara's slapshot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

We have already let go Wheeler ...lets not lose Pouliot this time ...he will be even better next year ..

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

You're right on there StanleyCup!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CamOJonasink. Show CamOJonasink's posts

Just to clarify, I'm certainly not saying this guys # belongs in the rafters, nor am I insinuating he should replace Marchand on the second line.  I'm merely making the point that he's been a pleasant surprise. He's a perfect fit on the 3rd line and because of his play he deserved to get that time with the second line with the absence of Marchand.  I desperately wanted Caron to beat him out, but that obviously didn't happen, not due to Caron's poor play, but more his much better play.  Btw, when is he going to starch someone, like he did Krejci last year?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I liked the Pouilot when he was signed.  After ten games I was not so sure.  Ha, Rob Cimetta, did he ever score more than a goal or two?  Beniot is energy.  If he scores it is because he is skating not necessairly stickhandling.  Terry O'Rielly was not a good skater and had lucky goals if one wants to analyze.  So I will stop the comparisons.  Beniot will play for another team next year unless he has a special "Ryder" relationship with CJ.  He is on a mission.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

This young man has come on beautifully in the B's unifrom and his upside is still considerable.No one can predict any human being becoming the very best they can be in any vocation but for those who were totally against his addition to the team continuing to defend their negative position is becoming like spittting into the wind.Give the man his due,he has played well and seems to be sound on and seems to fit nicely in the locker-room and on the ice. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Benoit BaIl's

In Response to Re: Benoit BaIl's:
    [QUOTE]Yes, he's been AWESOME and showed last night he has the skill level to work on a top line. Imagine him with Seggy and Bergy every night? But we can't take MARCHMANT off that line so I guess we'll have to keep Benny with the other 2 speed merchants, Kelly and Peverly. His skill is sublime and that really showed last night. He has probably the best stickhandling moves on the team, and scored probably the prettiest goal this year. Yes, he really is a 1st round talent!

Unreal.

If he's not your son or son-in-law, and you didn't post this drunk, you really should change your username to NomarMannyPedro.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

I, I was expecting the NAS negative comment. He's one of the Pouliot naysayers folks. Wake up NAS, you're WRONG about him. Stop defending your lunacy on the matter and go eat your porridge. You're a twit but every forum needs a few twits to keep it humorous.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I, I was expecting the NAS negative comment. He's one of the Pouliot naysayers folks. Wake up NAS, you're WRONG about him. Stop defending your lunacy on the matter and go eat your porridge. You're a twit but every forum needs a few twits to keep it humorous.

I'm a twit.  You think Pouliot is a first line player with sublime skills that can stickhanlde with the best players on the team.  This might be true...in the AHL.  His pretty goal was a gaffe in which he lost the puck, luckily recovered it and finished, in true Pouliot fashion, by losing his footing and slipping it by the dumbfounded goaltender.  I'd expect nothing less from a nickname using goggle fan.

Yeah, he's a first round talent.  Okay.  You want to see true first round talent, look a little past Pouliot in the same draft.  How does Pouliot's (4th overall) 85 career points compare to Anze Kopitar's (11th) 394?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Hey there Pouliot hater NAS, how do ya like his 3 asisists in his only game on the first line? Why don't you start watching Anzi if he floats your boat more than this team? Us Bruins fans will continue to watch the nifty plays of our young stud POULIOT! Go pound sand NAS, you're drunk! Have a fun time watching your Kings!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Hey there Pouliot hater NAS, how do ya like his 3 asisists in his only game on the first line? Why don't you start watching Anzi if he floats your boat more than this team? Us Bruins fans will continue to watch the nifty plays of our young stud POULIOT! Go pound sand NAS, you're drunk! Have a fun time watching your Kings!

Seguin from Bergeron...and Pouliot
    Bergeron from Seguin...and Pouliot
    Bergeron from Seguin...and Pouliot

Those are some great secondary assists, points created by being on the ice with great players.  I don't see any time on the first line there.  If I recall, Lucic-Krejci-Horton played together.  Pouliot didn't see any time with them other than during a change on the fly.

I'm not a Kings fan, but I certainly enjoyed your attempt to ignore facts.  I'll ask the same question again, and maybe this time you won't fail to address it.

How does Pouliot's 85 points compare to Kopitar's 394?  If Pouliot is a true first round talent, what does that make Kopitar?

Sections
Shortcuts