Benoit Ballz

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Benoit Ballz

In Response to Re: Benoit Ballz:
    [QUOTE]Wow Crowls, I wasn't aware of that +11 stat, that's good to hear though. My hope is that he keeps up the energy level and gets some good bounces. Playing on the 3rd line you don't get as many good scoring opportunities, so it helps when you get some breaks and shots that deflect off the posts go in rather than stay out. I remember last year when Horton was slumping he must have hit 7 posts in a row!
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]
    A person could fill a book with things you're unaware of.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Benoit Ballz : A person could fill a book with things you're unaware of.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

You're killing me ! Laughed out loud ! I was thinking more along the lines of an encyclopedia set.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Benoit Ballz : You're killing me ! Laughed out loud ! I was thinking more along the lines of an encyclopedia set.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    Ducks in a barrel.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Dezafooly and Clammy Boy, you two must've dropped your autographed Kaberle pics out of your playpen with all your laughing. Careful children!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]So Guywith, how do you measure stickhandling? I never knew there was such a stat that you can say x number of people have better hands. Give me the stats and I'll agree with you. No player on the B's has stickhandled through an entire team like Crosby or Ovechkin can do, therefore, I opine that there are several B's with very good, but not great, ability in that area, and Benoit is in that group. Show me a highlight reel goal to refute that (and there is none by the way). I stand by my statement that he scored the prettiest STICKHANDLING goal on the team this year, bar none.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

I can think of 4 or 5 Bruins that have done that in the last year.

Peverley.
    Marchand.
    Seguin.
    You can make a case that Lucic, Horton, and Krejci have at different times.
    You could even say Bergeron has at times.

If you want to find the best stickhandler in the game look no further than Pavel Datsyuk. I'm sorry but it just does not get any better. His moves are just plain filthy. He has made so many teams and goal tenders look like amateurs its unreal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

And OEP I honestly hope your joking by arguing against those 3 and calling everyone who disagrees with you a Pouliot hater.

For the record, and it can be shown through every single post I made about Pouliot I said he would be a surprise and that he would manage 20 goals to fill the void Ryder left. To this point I feel that he is on track and doing very well.

To say he is a "true first rounder" you need to compare him with OTHER first rounders. Which is where Anze Kopitar came into the discussion. Being a first round pick in the SAME DRAFT. You seem to be unable to grasp simple concepts to realize that in order to call someone a "true first rounder" he needs to be comparable to OTHER first rounders.

Lets take a second to look at the Bruins and their picks. What was Marchand? A second or third rounder? Bergeron, second round. How many first rounders do we actually have playing on our team? I can only think of Seguin (I could be wrong as I haven't looked it up). You are making a claim that he was deservedly picked prior to many ELITE players in the NHL which is ludicrous. Who would you rather have (salary hit and contract length notwithstanding) Pouliot or Kopitar? Or maybe a few other first rounders... Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Stamkos, Kane, Hall, Nugent Hopkins, Nash... Can you honestly say you'd rather have Pouliot over any of those players?

Now clearly taking salary cap into consideration alters the mindset and FOR THE MONEY Pouliot is hard to beat. Yes I realize those were first OVERALL first round picks, but its just perspective as Pouliot was picked 4th which is pretty damn close.

Now before you try and bash me as a Pouliot hater, remember, I was one of the few that LIKED the signing and thought he would do well here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I am not a Pou fan and lamb has it right. Pou is the great for the money. The nice thing is if he suprises us all we are the benefactors of the suprise. I am not sure what all the fuss is about there will be no trades unless room needs to be made to ensure that Kelly and Rask get new contracts. Beyond that this will be the same team next year including Pou if he keeps up the good hard work. I will be interested to see how he plays with Bergy and Segs although I would prefer as I said to see him with Luc and Krej and see Horton play on the top line tonight. Again I am not a Hort fan right now either but I think we need to see if injury or suspensions hurt us again where you can juggle. Excpect a lot of that tonight. Everything else is just idle chatter for a great pick up by CJ.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

I'll put this in perspective...Every game I've seen Pouliot make a play or use his skill to create a premium scoring chance or a goal. I once painfully tried to watch Blake Wheeler attempt to make a play after he went into a 15 to 20 game scoreless fog. It's not pretty. And Wheeler has turned things around with Winnipeg. Marty Lapointe was an absolute carwreck to watch try to create things offensively. I've seen enough of the fog guys (Sturm would go into those fogs too). I'll take Benoit as he's more than exceeded what I ever expected him to do. On Paille, don't forget that there were a ton of fans on this board who wanted him released early last year. Now he's a mainstay and he also was high draft pick like Benoit. The talent is there for both, and I'm glad both are B's, and I agree that Julien has a way to pull the bests out of players who were disappointments with other squads.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

No not understand the negativity here.
    Very happy with how Pouloit is performing in his role and for the money. He's not yet filling the space left by Ryder but Pouloit has the momentum. Like the Bs he started weak with no points in the first ten or so and has got all of his 15 points in the last 25 games. He needs to get 26 points in the remaining 43 games to match Rayder's 2010-2011 season totals. That's possible.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Well everyone, POULIOT SCORES AGAIN! It's such a simple formula, give this guy quality minutes and he's scoring. Lovin it. Nice pickup. He'll fill the Recchi void when all is said and done. Yes, Hanrahan, I can't figure it out either. And Lambda, you're taking what I said out of contxt. Bear in mind that most first rounders don't become great players. All a team generally wants (unless it's a number 1 or 2 in the entire draft) is a soild top 6 or 7 contributor. Benny has the skills to do that, he's proving it. Just go through the years, even on the B's. Some do, some don't. And in this day of low scoring totals, he's been about on the pace of an average (ie true) first rounder, and I expect more now, which he's doing. Pouliot is displaying the skills of a first rounder. Why? because he's a real fast skater, has a wicked shot, good size, and real good grit. I'm sorry, to expect more out of a first rounder than all those qualities is a pipe dream, unless it's Seguin, Hall, Crosby, and those ilk.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Pouliot last night:

On a 3 on 2, has a good passing lane wing to wing to set up Seguin for a gaping net. Tries to go short side and fails.

Scores.  It's not how, it's how many.   I know. On this one, he chokes on a 3/4 open net only to have the goaltender misplay the rebound AND the defenseman misstep also.  Somehow Pouliot gets another chance and buries it.

A goal is a goal, and that's great, but don't mistake these flukey goals (no matter how often they happen) for Pouliot with goal scorers goals (look for shots taken by Seguin, Marchand, Lucic, Horton).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

I really like the way he's been playing the past month ( compared to his start ) and have stated that before this thread . But let's not get carried away and call him an elite stickhandler. That's the furthest thing from reality. He's a big body who can skate and has lots of hustle and energy.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

think he did a good job, he is what he is, a third line winger. yes, he played with 1a or 1b, however your looking at it. you see peverly on nights, do something highlight worthy. same with kelly. but for the most part they are a perfectly built, hard working, get it done dirty line. save the highlight goals for thornton, and the top line(1a and 1b) skill players. i love it, not many teams can send out all 4 lines, and not have even one of them be a liability. it would be great for hamill to contribute over the next 4, but i look forward to getting benoit back on that 3rd line, and marchand with his boys on the 1a/b. i don't think i've ever seen a player(poulliot) improve so much in so little time. by the end of october, i was seriously questioning why this guy was acquired, and doubted he could even skate in providence. silly me to second guess pc/neely/cj! panning out to be a great pick-up. welcome aboard benoit! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Pouliot is playing a really good big-man's game lately. He's using his frame to protect the puck the way Lucic and Horton do. He's good enough to make plays and score goals. An excellent 3rd line forward and he provides some decent mucker ability with Bergeron and Seguin when called upon.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

It's bizarre how often he seems to completely flub a play, but then recover and do something with it.  It makes it really hard to analyze what he can do.

I'll take that over flubbing and failing any day though, and he has enough speed and size to keep most of his mistakes from becoming disasters.  He seems like a guy that should have a decent enough career if he can get his focus up.  Sounds familiar.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

[QUOTE]Pouliot last night: On a 3 on 2, has a good passing lane wing to wing to set up Seguin for a gaping net. Tries to go short side and fails. Scores.  It's not how, it's how many.   I know. On this one, he chokes on a 3/4 open net only to have the goaltender misplay the rebound AND the defenseman misstep also.  Somehow Pouliot gets another chance and buries it. A goal is a goal, and that's great, but don't mistake these flukey goals (no matter how often they happen) for Pouliot with goal scorers goals (look for shots taken by Seguin, Marchand, Lucic, Horton).
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I watched Ovechkin the other night, he flubbed about 3 times on one-timers on an easy goal in front. All players, great ones and non-all-stars can make plays and can flub plays and can look horrible doing it. So, yes, you're right, I'd rather have a guy who can recover to score a goal over one who can't ever score. So many goals are on unexpected re-directs, rebounds and even flubs. It's called hockey.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The very first game that Marchand is out, Benoit scores in his place...that's the fact.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

danny cater...right on man.benny's on this team.