Benoit Pouliot Interview

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

Benoit Pouliot Interview

http://www.team990.com/sound_bytes/view/session/team_990_audio_clips/1/

Interesting points:
    -Shocked to not be resigned by mtl and signed by the bruins
    -Worked out hard all year and gained 12-15 lbs.
    -Seems to be an all around good teammate
    -Thinks it wont be uncomfortable or awkward with Krejci
    -Was played the famous Jack Edwards play about him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXnMiq_F88c
    He's been training with Johnathan Chaimberg of Adrenaline Performance Center who trained Georges St. Pierre among other mma fighters and also hockey players such as Kris Letang.

Maybe he'll work out in Boston. Its definitely his last chance.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Re: Benoit Pouliot Interview

Benoit has something to prove. I hope it comes true with the Bruins.

I'm  expecting a new and improved Pouliot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Nice listen, I noted Pouliot stated he was relegated to the third line in Montreal, he seemed disappointed.  I sincerely suspect he is preparing for a second line position in Boston.  Also, he is articulate and very considerate to both the Canadien and Bruins.  He answered the questions posed honestly and reflectively. I sincerely hope he has a season worth his efforts this summer.  Lastly, Tony Marinaro is saying in one breath how the Montreal press expects too much then places pressure on Beniot to talk to Edwards and Brickley on their playoff remarks, wow, what a charlatan.
     Thanks gogo!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

You are welcome isla. I agree with what you said about Tony. But the press here in Montreal are all like that. They are pretty lame. I also chuckle every time they talk about Edwards because they are hypocrites, especially the french media.

But its all good because the canadiens will never win anything with the pressure the media puts on them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

That was nice of Tony to play that Edwards video for Pouliout

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot Interview:
    You are welcome isla. I agree with what you said about Tony. But the press here in Montreal are all like that. They are pretty lame. I also chuckle every time they talk about Edwards because they are hypocrites, especially the french media. But its all good because the canadiens will never win anything with the pressure the media puts on them.
    Posted by gogojuicer

The big question on Pouliot's play Montreal was his defensive play.  In your opinion is this a fair criticism?  Edwards btw can be a bit overzealous and a real homer at times. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

If he can pop in 45-50 points, I'd be more than happy. However, I really do want to see that Seguin-Bergy-Marchand line. I think Kelly and Peverley can provide enough offense to ensure that Pouliot can reach those numbers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot Interview : The big question on Pouliot's play Montreal was his defensive play.  In your opinion is this a fair criticism?  Edwards btw can be a bit overzealous and a real homer at times. 
    Posted by islamorada

I can't really say because I didn't get a chance to see many canadiens games that weren't against the bruins. But Martin and Julien sort of have the same system and I wonder if he fits in Juliens system. I think that's the biggest issue , if he doesn't fit in the system , its over for him. 
    I'm actually kind of surprised he signed as a bruin cause he had issues with his past two teams cause of a defense first approach.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Same system?
    Montreal - Skating, passing, transition game, "east to west"
    Boston - lockdown defense, dump and chase, cycling, "north to south"

I don't follow....Pouliot is a power forward type, which is much more fitting for Boston. I view him similar to Lucic with less power, more skill.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogojuicer. Show gogojuicer's posts

Same system? Montreal - Skating, passing, transition game, "east to west" Boston - lockdown defense, dump and chase, cycling, "north to south" I don't follow....Pouliot is a power forward type, which is much more fitting for Boston. I view him similar to Lucic with less power, more skill.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

Like I said I didn't get to watch too many canadien games, but that what the critics and media say about the candiens system. They nock Martin for being too defensive. 

Anyway I don't want to debate about the canadiens system. I hope your assessment of Pouliot is right though cause that would be sweet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

He will get 15 goals and 40 points.  Replacing Ryder's mediocre output.  But at $1M instead of Ryder's $4M, it's a steal of a deal.  THAT'S why the deal was done.  Period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Seguin is young & already has the potential upside. He's also got some confidence. Pouliet knows this will be most likely his last chance to prove something. He has the most pressure on himself. Tyler may get some ice time with PB; but look for Pouliet to be on a flank with PB a lot early in the season. JC will give BP more than enough opportunity to find his groove & having one of the best 2 way centers in the league is the best way to do that.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

I think your right on the money N-38. I saw alot of games when he first came to mtl and he was lighting it up. Playing with BP, there's no way he gonna float around. Should be interesting to see him play againt the Habs...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BorisTheGorilla. Show BorisTheGorilla's posts

Patrice Bergeron will sit down one day and say: Look, Benoit, this time next year you could be at your girlfriend`s house thinking about playing in the KHL, or if you wake up NOW, you could be playing hockey in June and maybe getting a shot at the Cup. 

If a fellow franco-Canadian doesn`t wake him up, nothing will.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Patrice Bergeron will sit down one day and say: Look, Benoit, this time next year you could be at your girlfriend`s house thinking about playing in the KHL, or if you wake up NOW, you could be playing hockey in June and maybe getting a shot at the Cup.  If a fellow franco-Canadian doesn`t wake him up, nothing will.
    Posted by BorisTheGorilla

If this is the case, he'll probably say:  Regardez, Benoit, cette fois-ci l'année prochaine vous pourriez être à votre petite amie `s House penser à jouer dans la KHL, ou si vous réveiller maintenant, vous pourrez jouer au hockey en Juin et peut-être faire un coup à la Coupe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot Interview : If this is the case, he'll probably say:  Regardez, Benoit, cette fois-ci l'année prochaine vous pourriez être à votre petite amie `s House penser à jouer dans la KHL , ou si vous réveiller maintenant , vous pourrez jouer au hockey en Juin et peut-être faire un coup à la Coupe .
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Ths version is certainly more romantic.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot Interview : If this is the case, he'll probably say:  Regardez, Benoit, cette fois-ci l'année prochaine vous pourriez être à votre petite amie `s House penser à jouer dans la KHL , ou si vous réveiller maintenant , vous pourrez jouer au hockey en Juin et peut-être faire un coup à la Coupe .
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So so NAS. I'm pretty sure "house" in French is "maison".
    But A for effort.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

If he can pop in 45-50 points, I'd be more than happy. However, I really do want to see that Seguin-Bergy-Marchand line. I think Kelly and Peverley can provide enough offense to ensure that Pouliot can reach those numbers.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

Considering his career high for points in a season is 30, yeah...you should throw the guy his own rolling rally if he gets 50 points.

The funny thing about this interview is that (outside of the "surprised not to be signed" stuff) he's said many similar things before. I'm sure THIS time, it'll be different.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Usually a deal too good to be true is. Likely the next Alexandre Daigle, but who knows. I'm sure he's well aware he's running out of opportunities and might show something for a different coach. Lemaire, Martin and now Julien all seem from the same mold. I don't know maybe he'd do better on a team like the Redwings. But hey, all the power to him, i hope he does well.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot Interview : The big question on Pouliot's play Montreal was his defensive play.  In your opinion is this a fair criticism?  Edwards btw can be a bit overzealous and a real homer at times. 
    Posted by islamorada

It wasn't because the play was too defensive.  Martin lost hope in the guy because he was taking too many stupid penalties at key points in the game.
    Martin did put him in a position to succeed time and time again last season although in all fairness it was a conveyer belt on the 2nd line and none that played with Gionta and Gomes could get some chemistry or at least last on the line till Pacioretty started lighting it up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot Interview : Considering his career high for points in a season is 30, yeah...you should throw the guy his own rolling rally if he gets 50 points. The funny thing about this interview is that (outside of the "surprised not to be signed" stuff) he's said many similar things before. I'm sure THIS time, it'll be different.
    Posted by Kennedy97

I'm with you, Kennedy.

To me, this is the only question mark on the entire team. I didn't like the signing from the beginning but it really isn't a big gamble an far as salary goes. Just not sure about the guy as a player. Plenty of talent but no consistency.

I would much rather see a team that consists of a second line that includes Seguin and a third line that includes Caron/Arniel/Sauve/Spooner (Spooner being the long shot). Instead of having Pouliot in the mix, I would love to add Stillman in there!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The real question to me is, if he is basically the same player for us that he was for the Habs (and honestly, there is nothing to make us think otherwise at this point), just how long of a leash does Julien give him?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot Interview : It wasn't because the play was too defensive.  Martin lost hope in the guy because he was taking too many stupid penalties at key points in the game. Martin did put him in a position to succeed time and time again last season although in all fairness it was a conveyer belt on the 2nd line and none that played with Gionta and Gomes could get some chemistry or at least last on the line till Pacioretty started lighting it up.
    Posted by BsLegion

Thanks Legion, my question should have been more clearer.  I had heard his defensive play was poor and the reason for the benchings etc.  Certainly over aggressive play does impact a player's postiional play.  I was wondering if it was fair criticism.  Pouliot seems to have potential as did Paille when he was acquired from Buffalo.  The Bs did well to acquire him after Ryder left town.  Low risk greater upside as a player.  

Sections
Shortcuts