Benoit Pouliot to Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Benoit Pouliot to Bruins

Didn't see the price....loads of talent, little results so far. Maybe Claude can work a miracle.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from polishprince19. Show polishprince19's posts

Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins

1.1  1 year according to haggerty

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

$1.1M 30 points last year I knew PC wouldn't wait and your right Kennedy is a bit of a project so Benoit has a year to get it done.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In Response to Benoit Pouliot to Bruins:
    [QUOTE]Didn't see the price....loads of talent, little results so far. Maybe Claude can work a miracle.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

TSN confirmed, 1.1 M for one year, is this the guy that punched out Krejci?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Didn't Krejci & Pouliot duke it out this year? Should be interesting in camp.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Benoit Pouliot to Bruins : TSN confirmed, 1.1 M for one year, is this the guy that punched out Krejci?
    Posted by soups-7[/QUOTE]

Looked up his mug shot, that's him that one punched Krejci. He is a big winger, good money good signing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Wasn't he a top 10 pick?

I feel like he's a name everybody knows, but not a lot of people know a lot about...

Anybody have any analysis?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Has so much talent and repeatedly does not deliver the goods. No grit either.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

You mean "One of the greatest dissapointments in National Hockey League History"?

How is Jack Edwards going to react??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

He's worth a gamble at 1.1. He'll drive you crazy because he's really streaky and will light it up for a couple weeks and then be off the scoresheet for the next 5. And he's REALLY soft.

Jack Edwards will love this signing, eh?

EDIT: the post above beat me to it....Edwards essentially called him one of the biggest busts ever during a broadcast. I'm sure he'll suddenly be a great acquisition who has battled adversity and bad luck as well as the extreme pressure of all the expectations of being the #4 pick!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

Cash: Claude is pretty good with guys like him. (Look at Ryder's first 2 years here)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't Krejci & Pouliot duke it out this year? Should be interesting in camp.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

No just Pouliot duked it out, Krejci whiffed

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

1 step back for the bruins, hope Caron can show his stuff come training camp   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

who saw that coming?....

great hands....  committment not so much....

let's hope CJ changes that....

could, and i say could, be a good pickup....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

[QUOTE]Didn't Krejci & Pouliot duke it out this year? Should be interesting in camp.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

He went with Ference once also.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins:[QUOTE]He's worth a gamble at 1.1. He'll drive you crazy because he's really streaky and will light it up for a couple weeks and then be off the scoresheet for the next 5. Jack Edwards will love this signing, eh? Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Great another Glyder but at least Benoit is cheaper and Jack has no choice.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins : Great another Glyder but at least Benoit is cheaper and Jack has no choice.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

At 1.1, why not? It's low-risk, and while I doubt Pouliot all of a sudden becomes what people expected back in 2005, at that price, why not take a chance?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

Not a big fan of this move-- I guess its a depth move, but i would rather just go with the youngsters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins:[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Benoit Pouliot to Bruins : At 1.1, why not? It's low-risk, and while I doubt Pouliot all of a sudden becomes what people expected back in 2005, at that price, why not take a chance?Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

No I agree hence the "cheaper" version. Julien likes his Canadien retreads for sure definitely worth putting him with Bergeron for a year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Good depth move for one year.  If he does not play well he will ride the pine in favor of a youngster.  Minimal risk and mediocre reward.  Way more excited about Seguin in yr 2!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I think there is no doubt he's a worthwhile gamble at 1 year 1.1 mil.

One aspect that I like is that his stats are trending in the right direction, generally that is a positive thing.

We'll see.  If he's a bust, no biggie for 1 year 1.1 mil.

At least he's young, he might come around yet.  They said Horton had no pulse.

If he lights it up, PC looks like a genius for getting this guy at 1.1 mil

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

And PC has looked like a genius lately...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WillsBruins. Show WillsBruins's posts

Anybody know if this deal is one way?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Not a big fan of this move-- I guess its a depth move, but i would rather just go with the youngsters.
    Posted by JYaso[/QUOTE]
    I agree with Kennedy. The low dollars make this a no risk move. He could end up finding some chemistry on any line 2 through 4 and if he doesn't, send him down if he clears waivers. I thinks it's a low risk gamble with the possibilty of a decent payout.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

I like the move. Good price tag for a guy with a lot of talent. Just needs to perform.

Sections
Shortcuts